Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 PM   #441
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

NO RUSS.

NO!!

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 30-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #442
The Coop
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to The Coop

I have a couple questions about this game.

Blood on its own is a two CD game, yet in the One Unit Whole Blood package, it, and all the expansions, are on a single CD. My questions? What's on the second CD of the regular version of Blood, and what's not included on the OUWB package to get it all to fit on a single disc?
The Coop is offline                         Send a private message to The Coop
Old 31-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #443
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Maybe some extras, like MIDI music, editors, demos, sneak-peak pictures..etc?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 31-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #444
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
Blood on its own is a two CD game...
I thought a one CD game.

Not 100% sure about this :
you could get it on floppies, but only the shareware version.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 31-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #445
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Perhaps the second CD has the soundtrack?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 31-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #446
The Coop
Super Freak

dosraider- The I've seen the CD shareware version before, and it's on a single disc. It was sold in stores, and my understanding is that it has the CD music for the first episode, the first episode itself, and the movie(s) for that episode. The full version is a two CD set, with all the episodes, a CD soundtrack, and all the movies.

the_fifth_horseman- That's what I was thinking it could be. I know the full game has a lot of levels, and if there were enough individual songs in the CD soundtrack (or the first disc had too much data on it), then a second disc would probably be needed so disc swapping wasn't an issue. Hopefully Iowa will pop in here and let us know, since he just got it
Old 31-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #447
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Well, look, Iowa popped in.:amused:

Yeah, I'd be willing to upload any extras on the CDs, if that's what the conversation's about. As for how the game is structured between discs, I've found that the full game, cinemas, and multiplayer services (long since obsolete) are on the first disc. While the second disc has a couple Windows themes, some shareware, and a music video.

But what puzzles me is that I can't seem to find the audio tracks anywhere. The game won't even register that they exist when I mount the first CD to DOSBox, and it's a shame because half of the reason I bought it was for the CD audio I'd been hearing so much about. Any ideas, Horseman?

Edit: The cinemas aren't playing either...this is getting mighty frustrating.
Old 31-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #448
The Coop
Super Freak

Not to turn this into a tech help thing, but try popping both discs into a regular CD player. If the audio tracks are there, they'll show up on the track counter. As for the cinemas, people have encountered various problems, from having them play with the wrong colors, to simply not playing. Supposedly everything works peachy with DOSBox .72.
Old 31-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #449
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
As for how the game is structured between discs, I've found that the full game, cinemas, and multiplayer services (long since obsolete) are on the first disc. While the second disc has a couple Windows themes, some shareware, and a music video.
Explains a lot, I bought mine long ago second hand, always thought it was only one CD.

About the music: look in the movie folder, you'll find *.wav files there that can be played in media player.

[EDIT]
And if you want more blood soundtracks:
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-...ks/album/blood
If you're not registered you will have to download them one by one.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 31-01-2008 at 10:41 PM.
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #450
The Coop
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
But what puzzles me is that I can't seem to find the audio tracks anywhere. The game won't even register that they exist when I mount the first CD to DOSBox, and it's a shame because half of the reason I bought it was for the CD audio I'd been hearing so much about. Any ideas, Horseman?

Edit: The cinemas aren't playing either...this is getting mighty frustrating.
I think I may have a couple solutions for you...

As the newest owner of Blood (all hail flea markets!), I learned a few things about the game. First, in order to have the movies play, you need to go into the first disc, and open the "MOVIE" folder on it. In there, you'll find a file called "WINSTALL". This file installs a movie player onto your computer, that allows the game movies to be played. Double click that, and let it do its thing. Once you do, the movies should play without any problems.

However, if you eventually get tired of putting the disc in every time, and don't mind listening to the midi tunes, you can also put the movies on your hard drive. For this, just copy the entire "MOVIE" folder on disc 1 to your Blood directory. Once that's done, go into the "blood.ini" file, and edit these lines...

CutSceneA=F:\movie\cs1.smk
CutWavA=F:\movie\cs1822m.wav
CutSceneB=F:\movie\cs2.smk
CutWavB=F:\movie\cs2822m.wav

CutSceneB=F:\movie\cs3.smk
CutWavB=F:\movie\cs3822m.wav

CutSceneB=F:\movie\cs4.smk
CutWavB=F:\movie\cs4822m.wav

CutSceneA=F:\movie\cs5.smk
CutWavA=F:\movie\cs5822m.wav
CutSceneB=F:\movie\cs6.smk
CutWavB=F:\movie\cs6822m.wav

Change the "F" into whatever your hard drive letter is, and add the extra path data for where you have the "BLOOD" and "MOVIE" folders. As an example, here's how I have mine listed in my ini file...

CutSceneA=C:\BLOOD\MOVIE\cs1.smk

The actual path for mine is C:\Games\BLOOD\MOVIE\cs1.smk, but because DOSBox believes my "Games" folder is the C drive, I don't list it (the movies don't run if I do). So remember not to include the folder that your copy of DOSBox believes to be your hard drive.

As for the CD audio, I'm not sure why yours isn't playing. I popped my disc one into a cd player, and the eight music tracks were right there for listening. They also started playing from the get go when I started Blood for the first time. The wav files dosraider pointed to are used for the movies, and aren't the CD music (at least, not on my copy). So I again suggest putting disc 1 into a CD player, and see if the music tracks are there. If they aren't, then they may have been removed for the "Special Edition" (kind of like what happened with MechWarrior 2 when it was repackaged by Softkey).

Let me know if you run into any problems

Oh, as a couple quick notes, to play the game with midi music, type "-nocd" when starting the game (i.e. "blood -nocd"). Also, for this game, bump the "memsize=" line in your DOSBox config file up to 32 if you don't have it there already. I got a couple "out of memory" errors when it tried playing the movies at 16, and they've yet to appear at 32.