Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
I LOVE NEDDA H
Forum hobbit

1 rastan the master system version damn how fun was the game, what a shame you cant play that game with an emulator if you only have the keyboard because you need tha diagonal button from the pad the cursors up and down somehow dont work for the high jumps lol you couldnt play it even on master system without the original sega controller...
you guys really have this game a try the endbosses of the levels were so awesome like centaur with a sword or dragon and allways a princess....
2 shinobi master system and arcade version
3 civilization the first part as before mentioned is the definite best of all games of that genre, not only were the other clones no game was so fun as that, man even the music was awesome can someone remember the music at the beginning when you see the birth of our world in the intro damn i loved that music it really gets me thinking so nice, i cant remember now but i think it was somehow mysterious
4mach rider this game is pretty fun.. somehow i cant get it running on pc if anyone can get a working version post it please... this
game really rocks!! actually this game is from a genre i usually dislike put this game is just perfectly made the music is love it or hate it but
it stimulates the action and the game is pretty addicting
5gun smoke and doom 1 +2 both were awesome and ground breaking... lol ninjas in a western game how awesome was that...
but thats only a short list many so good games i cant rememer the names, there are i guess at least 5 really cool games in the arcade i cant remember and over 100 amiga and pc games i have forgotten.....
not to mention mega drive, snes, nes and master system titles....
man i just wished the gameplay of the immortal would have been better, than i would have been a top 5
or they would have made the story better of shadowrun mega drive version and dropped that cyber levels, damn how cool was that dark atmosphere and the idea with the big corporation and those thugs who work as slave controlling everything for the guys with the big pockets how cool how realistic lol i really thing thats were the world is going...
and not to mention rings of medusa wich would have been a jewel if had been produced by better programmers and better thought through

Last edited by I LOVE NEDDA H; 14-05-2008 at 12:07 AM.
I LOVE NEDDA H is offline                         Send a private message to I LOVE NEDDA H
Old 12-05-2008, 03:29 PM   #22
IncognitoSOS

Best Games

5. The Adventures of Fatman
LOL, this game was great. Based on the Scummm enigne

4. Civillization 4

3. Darwinia

2. Ankh: Reverse the Curse

1. Lemmings

Other greats

TAGAP
C&C Red Alert 2
Sherlock HOlmes: Nemesis
IncognitoSOS is offline                         Send a private message to IncognitoSOS
Old 13-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #23
Isto
I, Spammer.

Default my 5

heroes 2&3
fallout 1&2
m.a.x
starcraft
master of orion 1&2

not in order
Isto is offline                         Send a private message to Isto
Old 22-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #24
Headswirler

This is going to be tough, but I'll give it a try.

1. Fallout 1 & 2

Both are excellent CRPGs with perfect pre-rendered graphics. I love the way how you could play the game with millions of different characters and still complete the game. When you pump the difficulty setups to the max, you can really see that the post-apocalyptic wasteland IS a dangerous place to be.

2. UFO - Enemy Unknown & X-Com 2 - Terror from the Deep

These both games are great examples of how you can combine strategic management and squad-based tactical gameplay into a nice package. The atmosphere in these games is just stunning. The music brings a lot to these games.

3. Tie Fighter

Ok, I admit it, I'm a Star Wars fan. This has to be one of the best games I have ever played. The gameplay is astonishing! Everything works just like it should. I never liked the Rebellion anyway, so flying a Twin Ion Engine Fighter and shooting down X-wings is the thing for me. :amused:

4. Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 / The Secret of Monkey Island series

One word. Hilarious. I've been laughing my ass off, thanks to Simon, Guybrush and the rest.

5. Thief: The Dark Project, Thief 2: The Metal Age & Thief - The Deadly Shadows

The best of all first person sneakers. I have completed every game like a hundred times with different approaches. Garrett is probably one of the coolest guys in the gaming world.

Of course, there are other excellent games as well, but these are the ones that have really made my day.
Headswirler is offline                         Send a private message to Headswirler
Old 22-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #25
Robsie
Forum hobbit

Listing games i don't play anymore would be pointless as if they were that good, i would continue to play them, great games supposed to never die, so the top 5 of my games are games are continue to have installed and play regularly :

in no particular order :

-Heroes of Might and Magic 3
With the expansions, i have played it for years and while i don't play the campaigns anymore, the thousand of scenarios and the random generator keep me busy enough.
Always a great fun, never felt the need to get another newer version as this one never got old for me.
There is an user-made mod that add more troops and castles named Wake of the Gods that seems now to be abandonned, but some people are developping an expansion for it named Horn of the Abyss
Here is the main board of everything related to the serie

-winSP:MBT
In the old times i played often the dos version of SP:MBT, i just like this wargame a very lot, covering so many year span with so many equipment and countries that for TBS wargamer, this can't get better.
When the window version appeared i was a very lot more happy, with a more modern OS, there is no more need of DOSBox and some periodical slowdown problems linked to it and the game got then a new place on my hard drive.
I don't see it being removed in the future, so much with scenario, campaigns or generated battles that i doubt i will need a new TBS wargame for years.
And it is always supported with 1 or 2 patches by years.

You can get the free version of WinSP:MBT here and buy the CD version that features some bonus on the same website.

-Master of Orion 1&2
I can't get them separated, as i can't choose between those 2, being both very good and so different from each other that there is similar feel between thme.
Not only the gameplay is completely different between MoO1 and MOo2 , ensuring that none of them seems to be just a clone of the other, but both games are always unmatched today in term of accessibility, replay factor and simple 4X fun. They are perfectly balanced between macro and micro management, something few 4X can use as an argument.
DosBOX runs MoO1 perfectly, and MoO2 with a new 1.40 executable from Lord Brazen runs even better than ever.
You can always find people playing both those masterpieces on civfanatics

-Operation Flashpoint
Certainly the ultimate sandbox for infantry simulation fans like me.
Thousand of community addons, islands and mods, hundred of missions and campaigns, with an editor that is so easy to use that even the most clueless beginner can create enjoyable battles in few time, i don't see any needs to buy an updated version like Armed Assault.
That updated version being less stable, more buggy and with way higher NASA system requirement does nothing to seduce me anyways as i didn't liked the demo at all.
OFP2 from codemasters if done well (and done in a better way than Armed Assault) could hook me.
But for now, Operation Flashpoint has even more years to live on my hard drive.

-Thief2
Better than the original Thief 1 in any ways, the incredible amount of high quality fan missions assure the player to always have an incredible fun in this middle age stealth game.
Trying to visit the maps without being spotted is a fantastic experience.
A very long and professionally made free campaign if very high quality of voice, sounds and scenario that is even better than the Thief 2 default one is available there :
Thief 2X : Shadow of the Metal Age
If you like stealth games and have Thief 2, be sure to get it.

Very near that top 5 , i would add Orbiter , YSFlight, Freespace 2 , X-Tension , Sub Command and Steel Beast Gold that i play often, but not as much as the top 5 ones.