Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #1
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Default WANTED: Join the zine crew!!

WHO
We need:
- writers: anyone willing to contribute reviews, articles, etc.
- proofreaders: people willing to proofread submitted articles
- good ideas: if you have a good idea on how to improve the magazine

HOW

The usergroup has been changed to a public one.
In other words you can apply to join the group, and your membership can be approved by the group leader(s) without need for an administrator.

You can find the membership request option in your user control panel: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/pro...editusergroups

Please send a PM to red_avatar if you have any questions

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by red_avatar; 14-05-2009 at 02:56 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
WHO
We need:
- writers: anyone willing to contribute reviews, articles, etc.
- proofreaders: people willing to proofread submitted articles
- good ideas: if you have a good idea on how to improve the magazine

HOW

The usergroup has been changed to a public one.
In other words you can apply to join the group, and your membership can be approved by the group leader(s) without need for an administrator.

You can find the membership request option in your user control panel: http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/pro...editusergroups

Please send a PM to red_avatar if you have any questions
Hey there. I'd be willing to proofread some articles, and possibly write a review for a retro game.

I can review any genre except something
(A) Against my religious views (Sex, Generally Obscene games, and the only the most graphic of violence)

Or

(B) A genre which I am not that into (E.G. Old Top-Down RPG's, Chess/Board, or Mahjong, LOL!)

I have written some reviews in the past, and could definitely write one for your magazine. If you want to see some of those reviews, I can E-mail them to you, but beware, I have been known (In my pleasure writings, at least) to center the focus on humor, perhaps more so than should be. I can restrain myself, if needed, though. I've also noticed a few grammar errors in some parts of the magazine. I could help with those. I'm not perfect, but I like to think of myself as the type of person who notices these things.

Please get in touch with me here or @ StaaViinsZ@yahoo.com. Don't bother blocking my E-mail, if you do that. I really don't care. LOL, I don't have many people online I talk to, that's why I don't care. Heh.

Hope to speak to you soon!

StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 18-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
Elpenor

I can proofread and write reviews if needed. I wrote a review of Warcraft II for Abandonia, but I spend most of my time freelance writing. I can send you links or samples of work if you'd like. Please PM me if I can help. After that, I'd prefer to work by email though. I don't check the forums enough as it is.
Elpenor is offline                         Send a private message to Elpenor
Old 18-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

The magazine is discontinued or in an indefinite hiatus, as you prefer to phrase it. (Although for some reason we haven't updated this part of the forum.) But if you do want to write reviews, we could use a lot more for the website itself.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
The magazine is discontinued or in an indefinite hiatus, as you prefer to phrase it. (Although for some reason we haven't updated this part of the forum.) But if you do want to write reviews, we could use a lot more for the website itself.

WHAT?!?!

What did you speak? PAH! I refuse to believe this.

Let us simply hope this isn't like WOTC (Wizards of the Coast) when they said "Indefinite Hiatus" for the SWTCG. (Star Wars Trading Card Game)

Note: When WOTC said that about the SWTCG, They lost the Star Wars license before they restarted it again. Who you would lose the magazine rights to, I haven't a clue, but like I said, let's hope it's NOT like that.

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There's nobody to lose rights to, the problem is that the zine both lacks content and editors.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Honestly, I can push for a new AT issue as the editor and designer again, now that I have a job and I feel more safe financially, but I don't know if it's really worth it. There aren't many who checked the previous issue and those few have only skimmed through it without reading much. At least that's my impression.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Talking Ah, Dear Me...

Ha, yes, I know you can't lose the rights to someone, LOL, it was a point and a joke.
The reason there aren't many who checked it out is because there aren't many who have checked out the site, so to speak.

By this I mean, it's hidden in a little corner. I myself Stumbled upon it when I went looking through all of the home page drop down links.
It didn't seem heavily advertised to me, but then again, I wasn't here when it came out, so there's no telling for me.
I think it could've easily slipped past most members heads.
You guys have enough dedicated Forum members. Perhaps some of them did not hear of it? Perhaps their intrest never became sparked? Perhaps some are more dedicated to the forum then the games and activities?
Possibly any and all of the above.

Quote:
There's nobody to lose rights to, the problem is that the zine both lacks content and editors.
Hmm... Sooner or later it will happen. Content and Editors, that is.
Use the Content, Anarchy.
I said that AB negligence killed the zine, Anarchy.
When Fifth became Darth Fifth he stopped being admin and became Darth Horseman.
So what I said was true, in a way, Anarchy.

ACHEM. Anyway...

Well, I'll have you know I read a good bit of the last magazine issue!
not all, But not just a skim, a good bit.
I thought it would be incredibly awesome if it happened every month or few months (Even a year would do!!)

But I guess the truth is, this isn't a magazine crew. You don't get paid to do it.
You already have AB to take care of. Doing both at the same time, kind of puts too much pressure on the Admin.
That said, a new issue would be like GOLD to me!

Also, consider plastering this sign up around town:

Hehe!
Long Live The Memes! 3 by StaaViinsZ, on Flickr

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 01-10-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Honestly, I can push for a new AT issue as the editor and designer again, now that I have a job and I feel more safe financially, but I don't know if it's really worth it. There aren't many who checked the previous issue and those few have only skimmed through it without reading much. At least that's my impression.
And I can finally deliver those short horror articles I promised few years ago. If there is any worth in it.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 03-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
And I can finally deliver those short horror articles I promised few years ago. If there is any worth in it.
Can you upload them to the AT part of the FTP or send them to me somehow?