Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #71
eolsunder

also like I said before, I made up some lists of items and buildings in the game you can look at and get a little description on what it does. On Gamefaqs.com type in the game name and look at my FAQS.

I have a ship building faq, planet building faq, and a little race description/playing faq. They give general ideas on what to expect when using items/races.

There is one major flaw I have found about the game I really hate, besides the micromanagement and AI. The fact that during a combat round, you can only perform 1 actoin. SUCKS!

Very bad programming there, if you have 10 ships, each with 3 weapons (30 weapons) each round you can only fire 1 weapon. Of course the enemy does it also, but it makes for a really stupid lopsided battle. Especially with someone who has a brain.

How sad? I have sat at the end of a long red stargate, with 1 big ship loaded up with area bombs and a few lane destabilizers. Once a bunch of enemy ships are in the lane, use a destabilizer. Next round, like 6 enemy ships appear, which I proceed to blow up with my 1 ship just because they can only shoot me once a turn. When my turn comes, I unload with a bomb that hits them all. 6 deat ships, I repair, and repeat as needed. 3 bombs usually destroys pretty much anything not supershielded.
eolsunder is offline                         Send a private message to eolsunder
Old 01-03-2005, 10:37 AM   #72
TwoHedWlf

Send a message via AIM to TwoHedWlf Send a message via MSN to TwoHedWlf

Yeah, I had something similar once. The chronomysts? would keep sending fleets of 30-40 ships to one of my planets. 2-3 smart bombs, 40 kills. Wheeee!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:15 AM   #73
pioki
Lurker

Send a message via MSN to pioki Send a message via Yahoo to pioki

Yeah, Ascedancy was one of the best I have ever played. I still launch it from time to time. The logicfactory website even said that they are working on Ascedancy II but their web site was dead for years... untill recently. Check it out www.logicfactory.com
does anybody know whether it is the same team working there that created the original Ascedancy?
Old 02-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #74
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by pioki@Mar 2 2005, 07:15 AM
Yeah, Ascedancy was one of the best I have ever played. I still launch it from time to time. The logicfactory website even said that they are working on Ascedancy II but their web site was dead for years... untill recently. Check it out www.logicfactory.com
does anybody know whether it is the same team working there that created the original Ascedancy?
Ascendacy 2 :blink: :w00t: :w00t:
It look like that there is chance that most of my favorite oldie strategies will have a sequel in the end!There is chance for Master of Magic 2,now even Ascendacy...
Cool! :Brain:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 18-03-2005, 04:51 PM   #75
dam ass

LOL wow!cool game!just 26 more% LOL....i bet someone guna delete this reply ...and u can know this:i downloaded 44 games from this site

Old 18-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #76
TaloN
Hero Gamer

i always found that the AI became seriously limiting after a while, this new patch sounds good though, might have to try it later
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 18-03-2005, 05:42 PM   #77
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It's worth a try - it doesn't make the AI any better, just more agressive. For instance, it still builds too few ships early on, colonises too few planets and lays out its structures in an amazingly stupid way, but it's a BIT more difficult for the player.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 10-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #78
Lindir The Green
Thumbs down

It didn't work under WinXP. I extracted it, set up the sound, and added the patch. As soon as I added the patch I was taken to a black screen that I had to restart the computer to get out of. Then I kept getting these graphics card errors
(integrated intel graphics).

But it seemed like a fun games!

Old 10-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #79
Jman4117
Game freak

um......use DOSBox?
Jman4117 is offline                         Send a private message to Jman4117
Old 10-04-2005, 04:57 PM   #80
Lindir The Green

No. I couldn't figure it out. And I didn't want to memorize the location and name of the installer, the game, and the patch.