Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-09-2017, 02:08 AM   #521
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

I always found this game a Visual Novel, but I was wrong. It is a mix of Visual Novel, Simulation and RPG.

And the curious thing about Japanese games is that there is a Simulation very similar to The Sims named Dating-Sim games.

I remember that I had been quite impressed with the amount of possible game endings on YouTube.

One interesting thing is that Lands of Lore II also have the option of having a different ending depending on the good or bad choices you make for Scotia’s son.

To tell you the truth, I found the happy ending kind of weird. How can Scotia’s son be a champion of good? Another possible bad end would be for him to kill the disciple and then the beautiful royal mage (Dawn?) of the Lands of Lore.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 21-09-2017, 02:49 AM   #522
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I always found this game a Visual Novel, but I was wrong. It is a mix of Visual Novel, Simulation and RPG.

And the curious thing about Japanese games is that there is a Simulation very similar to The Sims named Dating-Sim games.

I remember that I had been quite impressed with the amount of possible game endings on YouTube.

One interesting thing is that Lands of Lore II also have the option of having a different ending depending on the good or bad choices you make for Scotia’s son.

To tell you the truth, I found the happy ending kind of weird. How can Scotia’s son be a champion of good? Another possible bad end would be for him to kill the disciple and then the beautiful royal mage (Dawn?) of the Lands of Lore.
Good is a matter of perspective, certainly so in Lands of Lore II. Sure Luther can aid Dawn during the game, and in the end, though he's the one to gain the power and save the world, he also enjoys his private time with the sorceress (even if interrupted shortly by the Draracle) whom he was helping all the time, which might or might not be interpreted as the "good champion" kind of behaviour by some people.
But then, wouldn't it be rather natural by a woman and man, who have worked together for a long time, to fall in love with each other?
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 21-09-2017, 03:45 AM   #523
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Good is a matter of perspective, certainly so in Lands of Lore II. Sure Luther can aid Dawn during the game, and in the end, though he's the one to gain the power and save the world, he also enjoys his private time with the sorceress (even if interrupted shortly by the Draracle) whom he was helping all the time, which might or might not be interpreted as the "good champion" kind of behaviour by some people.
But then, wouldn't it be rather natural by a woman and man, who have worked together for a long time, to fall in love with each other?
Certainly love can and do develop naturally and it is evidence all throughout history that people who work together have affairs!
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 24-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #524
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Hello, Scott, Scotty from Scottland.

What I found strange was that Luther (I had forgotten his name) chose to be of good and helping all those who participated in the overthrow of the armies of evil and exterminated his mother Scotia.

I think the most coherent would be to take revenge on the mother and restore the domains and armies. Well, that’s just my opinion as I think most of the time plot twist occurs a bit forced and nonsense.

I had also forgotten the name of the god or a superior being whose appearance resembles that of a demon, Draracle. I remember that if Luther became evil, the god would punish Luther in other possible game endings.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan