Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #11
Flop
Hero Gamer

I've never tried extraction wizard, but I'd recommend using winzip. You can get it here.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 26-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #12
britneylou

ok, tried that, but still comes up with z:\. To get it onto c:\ i type

mount c c:\

c:

which is what it says to do in intro. i'm getting confused between c-drive hard drive and dosbox cdrive. when it's meant to open with c:\ which one is it referring to? i know this may sound very stupid, so please bear with me!
britneylou is offline                         Send a private message to britneylou
Old 26-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #13
Flop
Hero Gamer

Okay, there's your problem. When you type that you remount the c drive, and override what you typed in the config.

To change to the c drive, just type:

c:

None of that mounting stuff.
Old 26-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #14
britneylou

right, tried dosprogs and it says it doesn't exist! i remember it saying that last time i tried it. oh dear...

isnt winzip expensive? i really cant be doing with buying the damn thing! or is that me being pernickerty...
britneylou is offline                         Send a private message to britneylou
Old 26-06-2005, 02:59 PM   #15
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by britneylou@Jun 26 2005, 04:51 PM
right, tried dosprogs and it says it doesn't exist! i remember it saying that last time i tried it. oh dear...

isnt winzip expensive? i really cant be doing with buying the damn thing! or is that me being pernickerty...
Well, if you want to mount c:\dosprogs as your c drive in DOSBox, you need to actually have a folder on your real c drive called dosprogs, otherwise it won't work.

Try just using the same config as you did before, and then when you start dosbox, if you're in the Z drive, just type:

c:

And there is a trial version of winzip, which you can download for free.

Edit: I can't figure out why it doesn't change to the c drive by itself, since you have a line that says "c:" in the config. I suspect that the directories you created might not be named right (I've seen other people using that tutorial, who accidentally created a directory called "c:\dos\cddrive" instead of "c:\dos\cdrive". I'd still suggest removing the CLS line from the config, since that line basically ruins your chances of finding out what's wrong because you don't get to see any error messages.
Old 26-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #16
britneylou

c: doesnt work, it just says 'c drive doesnt exist'. i've doubled checked all my dos folders and they're all named correctly. i'll get winzip and have a liitle go that end, just hope i can make everything meet in the middle so i get to play something.

Thanks to everyone who's been helping! Its probably my crappy computer, which is so old i'm surprised it doesn't run on the original dos os.
Old 26-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #17
britneylou

Joy of joys i've finally figured a (albeit rather tricky) way of playing the games...!!!!

Got flashback working but cudnt be bothered to play around with the setup...sooooo, went and found the holy grail, which is POLICE QUEST! have it all downloaded, unzipped and ready to play on ms dos...
BUT...
I can't actually run it because i have no idea what to enter into dos to play the game...there's no install or setup or any file which makes sense. Any ideas?
Old 26-06-2005, 07:03 PM   #18
Data
retired

press tab inside dosbox when you are inside the right directory.
Old 27-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #19
britneylou

Cheers! wow, memory lane, here i come!

Old 27-06-2005, 01:31 PM   #20
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Flashback was packed with a slightly different method then standard. Try 7-Zip, WinRar or Total Commander.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Closed Thread