Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #51
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

To see a more detailed state of the targetted ship, you can do a Perceptive Scan on it, which shows the integrity of each station (Command, Tactical, etc.), the status of the weapons and defenses, and the materials carried on-board.

I managed to rout a single Skeetch warship today, using the Wave Gun III (the best money can buy) and Yikkak, the Kaynik tactical officer (who supposedly boosts damage). I had everything at level III besides that, except for the Pursuit Pods, which I don't think can be upgraded. The radar takes a little time to get used to, but I think I've figured it out: the closer the other dots are to the centre, obviously the closer the ships are to yours on the horizontal plane. Now, a brighter dot means the target's above you, whereas a fainter dot means it's below.

To beat the Skeetch warship, which still took a while, I shot a bunch of wave gun orbs at its tail whenever I could, and sustained fire soon brought areas of the target past red status (dark red, darker red and eventually black). I tried experimenting with different speed levels, hoping lower velocities would give me better maneuverability. I'm not sure if they did. Anyway, Skeetch vessels are really fast (past level III), so when my enemy decided to run, I couldn't catch it.

PS: Here are the coordinates of a planet which contains good amounts of stabilium (ship fuel, 100 credits per cubic metre) and silicon (20 credits per cubic metre, unfortunately):

066,075 <-- Highlight this if you want to be spoiled! :laugh:

According to the manual, which I can't seem to find at the moment (I had the original game), there are two super planets: one with tons of stabilium and a 'clown world' (whatever that might be). Their coordinates, unfortunately, are unknown (listed as ???,???).

Last edited by ShadowBlade; 13-05-2009 at 04:59 PM.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #52
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

YES! I found my manual, and I had forgotten it has a whole strategy guide section!

The stabilium planet's the one whose coordinates I provided on my last post, as it's apparently the only planet in the sector where stabilium can be found. It's the most expensive mineral around, so there's no better place if you like gathering minerals.

However, I've found out the best way to make money is buying lifeforms from sentient cities planetside and selling them at Newfront stations. I like trading Padellops (Newfront pays 110 credits per unit), buying them in the Deresta homeworld and selling them in Garriod. Said homeworld's around the closest 'big star' to the aforementioned station.

The Deresta normally sell Padellops at 112 credits, but if your relations with them are great, they'll sell them to you at 67 a piece. Naturally, that results in a lot of profit! :nuts:

You can reach that price haggling down from 112 or higher if you're around neutral to them, but it's not recommendable as it worsens your relations with them (you're ripping them off).

Last edited by ShadowBlade; 08-02-2008 at 11:53 PM.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade
Old 03-12-2008, 02:04 AM   #53
gunner5

Default Deresta

Ok, i got attacked by pirates with derestan scientists on board. Killed one ship (not the one with deresta) and then the pirate in charge surrender to me. Then i ask him about the scientists, he said he would give them to me and... nothing happens. What now? How can i get them and complete the quest?
gunner5 is offline                         Send a private message to gunner5
Old 03-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #54
gunner5

Theres something called "Docking Profile" on the navigation tab. Just click on that and the deresta will come to ur ship.
gunner5 is offline                         Send a private message to gunner5
Old 15-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #55
humorguy
Super Freak

Be nice if someone could scan the manual, starchart and vehicle recognition chart if they have it! Would make learning the game a lot easier. It's why I prefer Starflight, as it has a pdf manual, starchart and clue book that is easier to read!
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy
Old 15-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #56
retro seeker
Thumbs up easter egg

easter egg location at 072 003
go to clown world
if you surrender to them, you get filled with "unknow"
go to crew assignment, you will get clowns as crew, pay is negative 1000, expert at every dept, tougher the ABE in battle!!!
be sure to jettison most of them though else you wasted too much cargo space

Old 16-02-2016, 04:09 PM   #57
Mindrax
Lurker

Default At last i found it.

Played it 1993 and after that it went into oblivion for me.
I tried to remember it's name many years later but i failed.

And now about 23 years later i found it
It's a real joy to play it again
Works really good too with DosBox.

Happy days are here again.
Mindrax is offline                         Send a private message to Mindrax
Old 13-08-2018, 07:13 PM   #58
eXoDOS
putting the eXo in DOS

I recently located a CD copy of this game, however I can't seem to get it to actually access the CD tracks in game. Has anyone dealt with this or have any experience with it?
eXoDOS is offline                         Send a private message to eXoDOS
Old 14-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #59
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Hi, eXo.

I checked the image.

1. It have protection non-cracked, so you need manual to pass it. Privided old underdogs manual will do.
2. I didn't found CD-play from game - but list of tracks on disk hints that it's simply audio, played in external audio player, just as it was guessed. Check it yourself.
3. Manual could shed light on this mystery - but I wasn't able to locate it. Mentioned underdogs above is from floppy version, while CD completed with "Strategy guide - user manual", as seen for example there.

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 14-08-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 30-05-2020, 05:01 AM   #60
Relayer

Talking Cheat for this game...

To all,
I just recently requested to be able to upload cheat software called GW Share, to which is similar to Game Wizard, but for DOS only.
It allows you to manipulate the games memory. You can change the amount of credits in a game for example. I used it to give myself 10 million credits whilst playing Protostar. I've only just started playing it, and I haven't gotten very far. But I do have the best of everything, can easily pay my crew and keep replenishing my fuel without any worry.
I'm awaiting a reply located in the Community News & Feedback part of the Forum. Hopefully I'll be able to upload it for everyone to share.
Regards,
Relayer

P.S. If they do allow me to upload it, I'll do a small tutorial on how to use it.

Last edited by Relayer; 30-05-2020 at 05:04 AM. Reason: mistake
Relayer is offline                         Send a private message to Relayer