Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-03-2006, 03:05 AM   #71
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Its the same that cities, the airfield lost the flag and becomes neutral or unoccupied but like most of time i do that type of bombing raids too far of my line and FJ are to capture other deep objetives... i refer them as unavaible cuz they are in the enemy control zone.

About prestige losing by level bombing, i never considered the chance of the other side losing the prestige. If the enemy is who is losing, there are too low amounts cuz they always got huge prestige but its an option to enforce paratrooper attacks, i need to employ near all my tacticals bomber(3-4 of 5) to support 3 units of FJ. Plus that level bombers are hard to hit, no as tacB that kill the fighters, the levelB die in a low rate.
If are youself the one who lose it , u are doomed, the 4 prestige that u lost per bomb is too high, u only got good prestige at the end and at the beginig before make the upgrades.

Outside of game, level bombing isnt a legal act of war. Level bombig is coward as military action and is agaisnt humans rights.
Old 22-03-2006, 06:33 AM   #72
IamI3rian

I have this game for the turbo grafix 16. Anyone play it on there?? I want to know if it is different. I barely remember it though.
I have to type with alt + numbers or character map, so sorry about grammar etc.

p.s. I mean like levels and units not grafix (get it?)

Old 23-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #73
Privateer

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Mar 22 2006, 04:05 AM
About prestige losing by level bombing, i never considered the chance of the other side losing the prestige. If the enemy is who is losing, there are too low amounts cuz they always got huge prestige but its an option to enforce paratrooper attacks, i need to employ near all my tacticals bomber(3-4 of 5) to support 3 units of FJ. Plus that level bombers are hard to hit, no as tacB that kill the fighters, the levelB die in a low rate.
If are youself the one who lose it , u are doomed, the 4 prestige that u lost per bomb is too high, u only got good prestige at the end and at the beginig before make the upgrades.

Outside of game, level bombing isnt a legal act of war. Level bombig is coward as military action and is agaisnt humans rights.
Yes, I'm not convinced after trying it out a bit that it is the enemy who loses prestige. If you look carefully at what's written on top of the screen it says 'loses X prestige' in the center box and in a side box at the same time it says 'Allied commander', so together it's basicly saying that you've made the enemy lose some prestige by bombing. And, upon some further experimentation, it's not always negligible. When bombing an objective city that's occupied by an enemy unit you only cause a small prestige hit, but try doing it on an unoccupied objective hex! My 15-strength HE177 netted an 'Allied commander loses 70 prestige' outcome, which, you have to agree, is pretty big. I still don't think it's a good strategy to leave victory locations untaken only to bomb them because the enemy seems to regularly get extra prestige based on the number of victory locations he is still holding and the bombing may or may not be enough to balance it out. But, certainly, if you have just cleared a victory hex and the sky above it is clear, it's a good idea to bring in your level bomber and give the place a good blasting before you move in and take it over. Of course, it is barbaric. But marginally useful.

Also, you seem to get some prestige just for bombing enemy cities with units in them. It could be actually for causing suppression rather than bombing a city, I haven't checked. But if you look at your prestige, then send your level to bomb a city (not necessarily a victory hex, any city will do) and then look at your prestige again after the bombing run, you'll notice a slight increase.

Old 23-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #74
Privateer

Oops! That "I'm not convinced" in the first sentence of my last post should read "I'm NOW convinced". :whistle:

Old 25-03-2006, 05:56 AM   #75
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
Yes, I'm not convinced after trying it out a bit that it is the enemy who loses prestige. If you look carefully at what's written on top of the screen it says 'loses X prestige' in the center box and in a side box at the same time it says 'Allied commander', so together it's basicly saying that you've made the enemy lose some prestige by bombing. And, upon some further experimentation, it's not always negligible. When bombing an objective city that's occupied by an enemy unit you only cause a small prestige hit, but try doing it on an unoccupied objective hex! My 15-strength HE177 netted an 'Allied commander loses 70 prestige' outcome, which, you have to agree, is pretty big. I still don't think it's a good strategy to leave victory locations untaken only to bomb them because the enemy seems to regularly get extra prestige based on the number of victory locations he is still holding and the bombing may or may not be enough to balance it out. But, certainly, if you have just cleared a victory hex and the sky above it is clear, it's a good idea to bring in your level bomber and give the place a good blasting before you move in and take it over. Of course, it is barbaric. But marginally useful.

Also, you seem to get some prestige just for bombing enemy cities with units in them. It could be actually for causing suppression rather than bombing a city, I haven't checked. But if you look at your prestige, then send your level to bomb a city (not necessarily a victory hex, any city will do) and then look at your prestige again after the bombing run, you'll notice a slight increase.
Even when blasting 70 prestige away, for enemy is nothig. If i lost 70 prestige for a bombing raid, i am doomed. But if u play as allied commander some scenario, u can win by just slow the enemy advance with 12 prestige polish INF.
U can improve the blasting of prestige by getting your level bombers to no combat zones of maps, i prefer use these zones to train new units in a no so hard combat cuz the AI dont reforce or send aid when a lost village out of the obketives zones come under attack. I prefer use level bombers to attack navy(some of them are really usefull against them and take no loses as the Stukas) or diseable airfield to let my precius and veteran tactical bombers hit without risk and push foward the fight for the skies (normally i no got more than 5 fighters max). I am not sure but they also looks to get less damage from anti-aircraft batteries so i use them to break over heavy defences but cuz i buy them as auxiliary troops i let them die.
Old 25-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #76
Privateer

Of course they take less losses from AA and AD. Just compare ground defence of your good level bombers with that of your Stukas! HE177 in the sky is like a KV on the ground in terms of defence against ground-based attacks. It's a pity levels don't cause more damage, but suppression is good too when you take relatively few losses in return.

I wouldn't say the allied commander would not miss 70 prestige. They do have a lot, but 70 is 70. Even if they still have a lot left, that means you will be facing one fewer infantry or ATG later on. Like I said, I wouldn't concentrate just specifically on bombing their prestige, but if there is an open objective hex in range of my level, I might as well dump some explosives on it and cut the enemy's prestige.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #77
Jorev

I remember this game having actor voiceovers reading the scenario introductions, but the download from this site doesn't seem to include those?

Old 08-04-2006, 03:25 PM   #78
Master MC
Hero Gamer

Probably because the download size would be too large. Maybe the VIP section hosts it? But that will always be a mystery.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #79
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
voiceovers reading the scenario introductions
Too heavy + they took their time to start + they dont make to the game + it was an horrible german accented english :bleh:
Old 10-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #80
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Maybe the VIP section hosts it? But that will always be a mystery.
But we aint telling. Kosta made us swear to never tell anyone what is in the VIP section, or a curse most terrible shall fall upon us.

One way to find out... become a VIP yourself.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman