Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > The ISO Cellar > C
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #11
Nyerguds
Game freak

Not separately... it's only sold in the First Decade pack, but if you have to buy that to get the Covert Ops it kinda defeats the purpose of releasing the C&C95 ISOs for free IMO -_-

I was just going by the pretty loose Abandonware definition of "no longer supported or cared about by their creators/owners".
If you want evidence of them not caring, well, I posted several times in the EA forum that I was planning to release the Covert Ops ISO, and no moderator even replied to that. I even released the pack I linked to earlier, with all Covert Ops media. No moderator even noticed.

Last edited by Nyerguds; 07-01-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Nyerguds is offline                         Send a private message to Nyerguds
Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyerguds View Post
What I could do is make a pseudo-"Covert Operations" ISO created with of nothing but files from the original 2 CDs, the updated dino missions and the Covert Ops demo.

It would remove the 'offensive' Covert Ops material, but still give a working New Missions list, with even some missions in it. Would that be OK?
That would be perfectly fine, yes.

Quote:
The Covert Ops definitely is abandonware. Not freeware, probably not legal to share, but definitely abandoned. I doubt they really realize it exists, otherwise I don't see why they didn't release it with the other 2 ISOs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyerguds View Post
If you want evidence of them not caring, well, I posted several times in the EA forum that I was planning to release the Covert Ops ISO, and no moderator even replied to that. I even released the pack I linked to earlier, with all Covert Ops media. No moderator even noticed.
The moderators don't usually check every topic that appears on their forum.
But, let me propose something: if you ask some of the EA's forum admins (try that forum's PM feature or e-mail) whether Covert Ops is okay to share around this way and they do say it is, I'll talk with Kosta about possibility of allowing it in the Cellar.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 AM   #13
Nyerguds
Game freak

Heh, the problem is indeed their notorious habit of not replying.

Then again, I can't blame Apoc (the community manager) for not replying, since he can't make any statements like that without permission. After all, as community manager, he's just the guy that tells us stuff, not the guy that decides such things. Poor guy already gets way too much flak for things that aren't his fault.

Anyway, the CD image is finished, and about 220 mb big. As a little bonus I added the 3 patches I mentioned, and the special bonus missions that fans extracted from the console versions of C&C1 (namely the PSX and N64 versions). These missions have been up on the influential C&C community site CNCNZ.com for ages, so there should be no problem with including them on this cd

I probably won't upload it any time soon though, since we got evil monthly bandwidth limits here in Belgium, (12gb/month in my case) and mine's about to be reached. Resets on the 24th...

There's a small chance I can upload it at school, but I got exams, so I'm not sure if I'll get the chance.

Last edited by Nyerguds; 08-01-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #14
Doink
Game freak

Quote:
I probably won't upload it any time soon though, since we got evil monthly bandwidth limits here in Belgium, (12gb/month in my case) and mine's about to be reached. Resets on the 24th...

a 1 gig limit here(South Africa) costs around R300 (30euro) so 12gig is not even close to evil

Last edited by Doink; 08-01-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Doink is offline                         Send a private message to Doink
Old 08-01-2008, 07:19 PM   #15
Nyerguds
Game freak

That's crazy.... but it also depends how many peope use it. I have to share it with 5 other people here at home, which theoretically brings it down to 2.4/month for me.

Also, is that upload, download, or both? Mine is all transfer together.

Last edited by Nyerguds; 08-01-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #16
Doink
Game freak

Its 1 gig total bandwidth uploads and downloads i think the maximum limit we can get here for private use is 3gigs but thats crazy expensive
Old 12-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #17
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doink View Post

a 1 gig limit here(South Africa) costs around R300 (30euro) so 12gig is not even close to evil
well, in here 1 gig limit costs about 20 euro but unlimited 25-30 only. it doesn't use to raise that "evil", if you already pay for their service and just choose different program
Old 17-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #18
Nyerguds
Game freak

I uploaded the ISO at school & added the link in the first reply I made in this thread. Enjoy

And while I was at it anyway, I added a 4th patch to that post

Last edited by Nyerguds; 17-01-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 24-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

deleted.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 25-08-2020 at 03:55 AM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 29-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #20
Ioncannon
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via MSN to Ioncannon

Anyone have the DOS version of C&C? It didn't have the scanline issue with videos, and my dos rig doesn't have Windows. Already have real gold version cds.
Ioncannon is offline                         Send a private message to Ioncannon