Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #391
77jeep

Default Game runs on XP

This game runs on XP fine without DOSBox. If you click on mm5crack.com and click properties, under memory set them all to auto and then run go.bat and the game lauches and runs fine. If you do that it creates a mm5crack.pif file and the game runs moother this way then under DOSBox.

Problem with this method is when you exit the game it puts you back in Windows with a 640x480 screen resolution with 256 colors so everything is hard to see and looks horrible untill you reset the resolution.

Anyone know if there is something that can be enabled or disabled in the pif file so that when you exit the game you are using the default resolution under Windows not 640x480. Maybe a command could be used in the go.bat file to do that? If so what would that command be?
77jeep is offline                         Send a private message to 77jeep
Old 17-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #392
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Anyone know if there is something that can be enabled or disabled in the pif file so that when you exit the game you are using the default resolution under Windows not 640x480. Maybe a command could be used in the go.bat file to do that? If so what would that command be?
No such animal. Windows runs the DOS applications in their native resolutions.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #393
77jeep

Default Save Game Editor

Anyone happen to have the excellent editor that once existed for this game? It allowed you to edit all of your characters as well as give and modify the items your pary had. The editor was advanced and simple to use. Was a great editor and the very few that can be found on the net pale in comparison to it.

It probably exists on a floppy disk somewhere forever lost and never to be seen again.
Old 17-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #394
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Nope, but I figure it could be recreated, provided we have proper data about offsets and their values.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #395
77jeep

Default Offsets

Came across a site with that info. Showed where character data, stats, items etc were stored. Having problems finding it again. Have not hex edited values in a game for quite some time. Easier editing what is running in memory with ArtMoney on current games.
Old 18-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #396
77jeep

Default Universal Game Editor

Found that Universal Game Editor with the Dark Savant module will edit most things in World Of Xeen. Am not for cheating to much in games but always tend do so a little once the game has been completed. Mainly wanted a character or save game editor to change the aging of characters in the game.

At one time I knew where everything was in this game. It is a great game considering the year it came out but the mapping system is not as robust as I wish it was. I figure my characters will be practially dead by the time I get close to completion of this game again so wanted to not have to worry about that to much.

Just wanted to let others know what to use if they wanted to do the same with this classic.
Old 15-05-2008, 07:42 AM   #397
RPG

Default downloading

where can you actually download the game on this page
RPG is offline                         Send a private message to RPG
Old 15-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #398
RPG

sorry for the question my anti virus was blocking the downloading links
Old 16-05-2008, 05:44 PM   #399
RPG

way the hell do I need a password for living Vertigo and where can I find it
Old 18-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #400
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Where is this password protection , pls?

Mates,
I want to play Clouds of Xeen. But after I killed all monsters in Vertigo and try to leave the city, game asked me for some password. No idea. I lost 2 days to search for this protection in the Inet, no result.
Maybe some good person will be so kind to help me.
By the way I played the game about 6-7 times. But because my version was let say ah.. you-know .. I was unable to kill the Lord Xeen in the last battle with magical sword found in the underground of the Newcastle dungeon after password "laboratory"..
Then I started Darkside - same version .. of course same bad result. Well, now I want to wipe this lord forever, because my fight with this enemy is long.
But I need your kind help.
I am experienced and dedicated RPG player and need only this password.
Ty for yr help.
yoga
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga