Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Default Windwalker - A Tale From Moebius

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with other people! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

I will never actually get how a game can reach a FIVE-POINT-OH mark!

TsTs...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 16-05-2008, 02:10 PM   #3
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

True. Especially a title like this. I mean, it's nice, but even for its time, there was nothing original about it. Got decent reviews, nothing spectacular, though there were several press releases in which the product manager pontificated about his knowledge of Zen. Shortly afterwards, Garriott had a snit fit and "laid off" a group of in-hiouse developers who had worked on and released their own projects through Origin Systems. Wanted to focus on associating OS with Ultima, which really meant with anything Garriott chose to issue. Too bad, because some good people were let go.

Last edited by Borodin; 16-05-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 16-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
I will never actually get how a game can reach a FIVE-POINT-OH mark!

TsTs...
Well, th reviewers only have a 1-5 scale at our disposal and we can't give the inbetween marks (that's what the user votes are for).

So when tryng to decide on a mark a reviewer (who can not give an exact procentage - I'd give this game a 92% has to get to the closest possible mark). If I could, that would be something like 4.6 or something like that, which is closer to a 5 then to a 4... so there you have it.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992

Question: When you get captured at the beginning, how do you get out? The warlord guy only appears once, and he's way overpowered (Unarmed against dual katanas. Yeah, that's real fair.)
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 16-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatianos View Post
Well, th reviewers only have a 1-5 scale at our disposal and we can't give the inbetween marks (that's what the user votes are for).

So when tryng to decide on a mark a reviewer (who can not give an exact procentage - I'd give this game a 92% has to get to the closest possible mark). If I could, that would be something like 4.6 or something like that, which is closer to a 5 then to a 4... so there you have it.
Well, uhm, that explains everything. But then I don't understand another thing. When the site switched to the new design another system could have been implemented. It's not THAT big problem. But refering to the fact that abandonia is a game exhibiting site in the first place it is a bit sad that reviewers don't have the possibility to rate games in an adequate manner. I pointed that out earlier, I know. And this still is no offense in any way. But something I still will never get

EDIT: Sorry, Bobinator. Never played the game and can't help you out. Maybe this thread should get back on topic after I pushed it off the road. Please don't throw tomatoes...

Last edited by DonCorleone; 16-05-2008 at 06:25 PM.
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 16-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #7
Jack Swift

...Does this spoil a plot twist?
Jack Swift is offline                         Send a private message to Jack Swift
Old 16-05-2008, 08:56 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

No, that screenshot doesn't spoil the plot twist.

In fact it shows up when you want to abandon a current game in progres to show you how well (or poorly) you have preformed and a face appeares in teh mirror (kindda like showing you your score - nothing to do with the game plot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinator1992 View Post
Question: When you get captured at the beginning, how do you get out? The warlord guy only appears once, and he's way overpowered (Unarmed against dual katanas. Yeah, that's real fair.)
Well, you shouldn't get captured so early - if possible. Later, after you join the monks you get a weapon of your own (after defeting yourself). That one helps a lot. You should first try and get some magic, before you even land in jail (so learn prayers, get the smelling sticks, get wise, read scrolls...), only then try and rescue your liege from teh clutches of teh warlord.

@Don: A % system was suggested, then a 1-10 system with decimals and even a plain 1-10 system. I guess it might still happen, but so far there are bigger problems with the new design (which is basically still in a sort of a trial). Remembering alpha and beta (this is basically still the beta version, because the limted beta testing couldn't show half the problems and it was impossible to imagine what all could go wrong).

Last edited by Sebatianos; 16-05-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Answering to three people...
Old 20-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #9
The Occupant

I have been reading the reviews, and I must say, am I the only one just a bit disturbed the characters walk around the screen as a disembodied head? It is a real WTH moment for me.
The Occupant is offline                         Send a private message to The Occupant
Old 23-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #10
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Occupant View Post
I have been reading the reviews, and I must say, am I the only one just a bit disturbed the characters walk around the screen as a disembodied head? It is a real WTH moment for me.
Once you get used to Mort, in Planescape: Torment, nothing phases you.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin