Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2005, 04:02 PM   #111
Tachyon

Don't forget, give your prospectors an Ornithopter. That way, they move faster.

As for attacking Harkonnen fortresses, tactic is simple.

1)Send Spies.
2)Ascertain level of Weapons.
3)Attack with bigger no. of troops and [IMPORTANT] make sure u have the same weapons as the Harkonnen garrison, i.e if they have nukes, make sure all ur troops have them.

Secondary Tip : Ride on a sandworm and head to the battlefield, ur troops will get a huge (!) morale boost.

Old 27-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #112
Undertaker
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest_Eddie@Oct 10 2005, 02:22 PM
The other weird event was when, at the final battle for the Harkonnen palace I managed to get to the palace before the battle was over. The usual battle screen appeared, but once it ended I spoke to Stilgar outside the palace (who I'd asked to come with me from the sietch where they had all gathered). I spoke to him and he told me that the Fremen were working on turning the fortress into a sietch. I waited 2 days (the normal time) and - yep - they turned the palace into a sietch!

Upon going into the new sietch the game didn't end in its normal way. In fact, it was now impossible to end it. But inside were the Baron Harkonnen, Feyd Rautha Harkonnen and the Emperor. I could talk to them, and they said a couple of things that were otherwise not part of the game.

I have never been able to replicate this situation. Very strange.
I had that once, too! I couldn't repeat it as wel...

There's also a nice bug that gives you infinite spice and prolongs the time you have for the next shipment. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I might explain it wrongly.

After you've sent the requested spice, leave the room (ignore that Duncan whines about that). Get back in the room. I believe the spice was sent again. If your amount of spice gets negative, it becomes in the millions!

I might be mistaken, but it works something like that...

I got the CD version with speech (!) from some other site, but too bad the downloads aren't for free nowadays...
Undertaker is offline                         Send a private message to Undertaker
Old 27-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #113
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
1)Send Spies.
2)Ascertain level of Weapons.
3)Attack with bigger no. of troops and [IMPORTANT] make sure u have the same weapons as the Harkonnen garrison, i.e if they have nukes, make sure all ur troops have them.

Secondary Tip : Ride on a sandworm and head to the battlefield, ur troops will get a huge (!) morale boost.
I already finished it many times but never get it this of spies, so i never knows garrison equipment and many of my troops got captured by small garrisons, or go to battle with the sandworm. I will try all this stuff k:
Old 27-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #114
GamerMom
Hi there,

I'm a big fan of Dune. I played it for the first time almost 15 years ago on my old 386. Never finished the game, didn't know how.

I just found Abandonia.com about a week ago, and was happily surprised to find the game available for download. I've been playing it for a few days, whenever time permits, totally love it. Still have a long way to go on the game. So far, I've restarted about five times :crazy:

As many of you have indicated in the forum, I'm having problems with the sound, don't know what the problem is. I've tried DOSBox, but it hasn't helped. I've heard about D-Fend and VDM Sound, but don't know how to use them.

I just did a online search and found the CD version of Dune available for download at some other place The link will take you to the download site. I've tried it and IT'S AWSOME! It's the first time ever I've heard the music along with the game and the voices are so cool! I think it plays a little slow, maybe it's just me, don't know.

For those of you on the last stages of the game, below are some tips I found online, it's from a walthrough written by Beno Jange, available at www.gamefaqs.com

When you send your spy troops you'll get these information:

- "Looks like there're no Harkonnen troops around"
The enemy troop has left the sietch.

- "They might be dangerous Muad'Dib ..."
The enemy troop is equipped with krys.

- "They ARE dangerous Muad'Dib ... AND they've got arms, indeed."
The enemy troop is equipped with laser guns.

- "Armement is impressive here. We can see that ... well trained, too"
The enemy troop is equipped with weirding module.

- "Muad'Dib, We've got here the toughest Harkonnen, armed to the teeth"
The enemy troop is in expert level and possibly equipped with atomic
weapon.

Have a great DUNE time, and the Harkonnen!

Old 28-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #115
laiocfar
NOD Commander

WOW, all this time sending my troops without make intel fisrt
Old 01-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #116
GamerMom

:Brain: I finally finished the game,!!! :bannana:

I played from start to finish on the version I downloaded from here! It was GREAT! k: It did take me about 10 hours to finish it! Well, it was the first time anyway.

Now I will start a new game playing from the CD version and see how it goes!

What an awsome game! Cheers!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 11:57 AM   #117
*Happy*

Quote:
Originally posted by Tachyon@Oct 15 2005, 04:02 PM
Don't forget, give your prospectors an Ornithopter. That way, they move faster.

Didn't know about the Ornis and Prospectors... thanks for the tip!

As for the sandworm-riding, remember if your troops lose and you're present at the battle, you'll get killed! On the other hand it can turn a battle...

It's been some time since I last played, but as i recall you can just speak to the Fremen Leaders during the battle and they'll tell you how the battle is going.

If they urge you to get away, then you must get away quickly! Your troops will certainly lose.

If they say that your presence may win the battle for them, it's pretty risky - your troops may win, but it is not always so.

Finally, if they say the're winning, you're safe and your troops will certainly win the battle.

You should rescue Chani - if you dont your troops get a huge penalty to morale.

Another thing, DON'T try going to a battle in an Orni - you'll ALWAYS be shot down and killed.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Atreides themselves seem to have pitifully few troops - just the handful of palace guards?

Old 02-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #118
Iguana

Somebody help me plz:

How can i get the Fremen to take the harvester, from the Smugglers village, if i want to send them there they say that they dont want to, and would only go there to pick up Equipment, and leave then, but how can i order this ?

Old 02-11-2005, 03:09 PM   #119
SupSuper
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Iguana@Nov 2 2005, 02:38 PM
Somebody help me plz:

How can i get the Fremen to take the harvester, from the Smugglers village, if i want to send them there they say that they dont want to, and would only go there to pick up Equipment, and leave then, but how can i order this ?
When giving orders to the Fremen troops, select Change Troop Occupation and Go & Search for Equipment.
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 04-11-2005, 12:04 PM   #120

ok thanks