Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-09-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
lollas

Default The Legacy Realm of Terror Audio issue

Hi there guys!

A few days ago I bought The Legacy: Realm of Terror on Ebay. But I couldn't wait to play it so I downloaded the game from MyAbandonware. However the game was in French (which I fixed by changing the configuration file with the install.exe). The game didn't work great at all, lots of lagg and crashes.

So I tried to download the game from Abandonia and the game runs like a charm (many thanks for that!), however there is no sound! I tried everything, matching the configuration in DOSBox and the configuration file of the game but still no sound. Does anyone know if I maybe missed something. I read that there is a option to turn off and to turn on the sound but I haven't found it.

TL;DR would like some help to fix my no audio issues in The Legacy: Realm of Terror, I'm using standard DOSBox configuration

Many thanks in advance!
lollas is offline                         Send a private message to lollas
Old 07-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

I downloaded the game from Abandonia, extracted the archive in my DOSBox C-drive and started the game. Aaaand I have music and sound effects, DOSBox-0.74 default settings (except increased the cycles a little ~8000).

You can open the options menu by right clicking on the background. There you can set music & sound on/off, save/load, quit, ...

Check the options in the game, maybe you somehow turned the sound off.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #3
lollas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
I downloaded the game from Abandonia, extracted the archive in my DOSBox C-drive and started the game. Aaaand I have music and sound effects, DOSBox-0.74 default settings (except increased the cycles a little ~8000).

You can open the options menu by right clicking on the background. There you can set music & sound on/off, save/load, quit, ...

Check the options in the game, maybe you somehow turned the sound off.
Hey man, thanks for your answer. I reinstalled everything and now I got music sound working, still the effect sounds does not work properly. Don't know why
lollas is offline                         Send a private message to lollas