Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh
Thumbs down

Okay, I don't know if this has been posted before, but I want your opinion on this one badly. I recently stumbled upon something that changed my brain chemistry to a point of total anihilation. Like BSoD, but not.

The guys from pointlesswasteoftime.com, namely David Wong, wrote this e-book, or whatever. It started out as a halloween scarry story, but people liked it so much, he had to continue writing. The story continued in monthly installments, until it was finished....or was it? There is a sequel too, but read it only AFTER you are done with JDatE, because you won't have a clue.

Some quotes from the fan mail and reviews:

"...like being run over by a truck made of horror, hauling two tons of stupid..."

"I clicked...and didn't move for nine hours"

"The next day, I was retarded"

NEW!!!!!! WATCH THIS: JDatE A.K.A John Dies at The End</span>

<span style="color:#FF0000">WARNING: The book is intended for mature readers. Contains foul language, unimaginable horror and tons of retarded humour. ONLY READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LIFE A NORMAL LIFE AFTER THIS! EVER!

(just click on the quote/warning sign to start reading)

This...thing...is so powerful, it will swallow you, chew you, digest you, then excremate you and leave you to die in agony. At some parts of the book I was not even sure how I feel, or what to think. Like being in a dilemma to cry or laugh hysterically. A surefire way to retardatation. The sense of humor is mixed with unimaginable horror, as laugh in cold sweat, and scream yoursef to sleep every night after that.

The REAL horror of this book it in the fact, that humans percieve so little about the world they live in. Mysticism. "If you can't see it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there" could be the title quote of this book. The forces behind the universe, and the effects of those forces to a small time Blockbuster clerk in a small town....and his friend. Saving the world is not that easy if you don't know what you are fighting against, or if the world is in danger at all. And you don't even wan't to save the world either.

I'm waiting for the reaction...

(Edited description to avoid misunderstanding)

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 17-08-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I just re-read American Psycho and am currently reading Glamorama, so I'm not sure if my little skull could handle it
Old 17-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #3
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Nonono, you got me wrong. This is not a blood/gore horror book, with zombies and such. The REAL horror in this book is REALITY itself. You read about things, and happenings that could very well happen IN REAL LIFE, it if isn't happening right now. You know the saying "If you can't see it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not there". THIS is the very idea what this book is built upon. And real life academic facts and imagination mixed in such way that you'll actually be sucked into the book.

The retarded humor is just the cherry on the top, makes this thing a whole. So it's not scarry in the commom meaning, it is scarry because YOU MAKE IT SCARRY, the reader. Don't know what I mean? Read it!

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 17-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Playbahnosh @ Aug 17 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]305172[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Don't know what I mean? Read it!
[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(random shout)</div>
Quote:
you dont know how does crack feel? try it![/b]
Old 17-08-2007, 06:20 PM   #5
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

@russ

Ouch...<_<

Old 17-08-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
Avelardo
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lulu_Jane @ Aug 17 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]305026[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
...I'm not sure if my little skull could handle it
[/b]
Isn't a sphere an inherently strong structure?
Avelardo is offline                         Send a private message to Avelardo
Old 24-08-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
Nodal

Well, I'll start it now. I've been looking for another horror book to read.
Nodal is offline                         Send a private message to Nodal
Old 24-08-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Be sure to give your opinion on the book k:

Old 24-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
chumloofah
Game freak

I'm going to read this on the basis that I don't think it sounds good, and am optimistic to the point of self-annihilation.
"I'm sure it's really good and I'm just a bigot", I said to myself.
Well, I've given you my opinion based on prejudice k:
I'll post later with the postjudice.
chumloofah is offline                         Send a private message to chumloofah
Old 25-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Hmm...well, at least there is a CHANCE that yer prejudice about this book AND me will change for the better. And *I* am optimistic to the point of self-annihilation...

"I'm sure this guy is a nice person and I'm just bad with human nature"

duh!