Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-07-2006, 09:59 PM   #11
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Is there a link between Skrull and Babarian? Skrull could even be controlled by mouse...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 18-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #12
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Are you sure that's the name? I can't find mention of the skrull game anywhere.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 19-07-2006, 06:52 AM   #13
Flint

I used to play this game on my Atari ST very very often.
In the ST version the character became more or less invincible when bending (I don't remember the corresponding F-key).
Walking was also possible with the cursor keys, so control with cursor keys + mouse for the other functions wasn’t that difficult. To get past the harder enemies I just waited for them to come near, bending over and over (on the Atari this generated a great ‘bveuh’ sound). Then walk a little step and ‘bveuh’ again, repeat this until the enemy was not near you anymore or until you defeated him eventually.

I never completed the game: at a certain time you face sort of a magician, throwing fire balls at you. I managed to kill him a few times, returning one of his fire balls with the shield (to be found after the dragon). But in de next screen (to the left) there’s nothing than an enormous ravine. Also the screen turned red, didn’t know what to do next. I once walked all the way back (ooof!) to the beginning, hoping that I could walk to the left without being chopped. No way. :wallbash:

Anyone ever completed this game? (If possible!!?)

Old 19-07-2006, 07:52 AM   #14
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Jul 18 2006, 11:35 PM) [snapback]243849[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Are you sure that's the name? I can't find mention of the skrull game anywhere.
[/b]
I wasn´t able to find it at MobyGames at first either. The search function at TheLegacy didn´t find anything....

After that I tried google and cryptically I found a link to the legacy. Unfortunately there isn´t a description of the game and information about the game doesn´t seem to be complete to me either. But Skrull, it exists...
I owned the original for the AtariSt back in the days...I don´t know if a ms-dos version has ever been released...

EDIT: You can clearly see a relation to Babarian in the screenshot I think...
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 19-07-2006, 10:59 AM   #15
WinermuteX

Psygnosis did another side-scroller, but in a sci-fi-setting. Does anybode know, what game this was or if it available (?) as abondonware?

Old 19-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #16
Flint

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WinermuteX @ Jul 19 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]243896[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Psygnosis did another side-scroller, but in a sci-fi-setting. Does anybode know, what game this was or if it available (?) as abondonware?
[/b]
You mean Obliterator.

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=2277

Horrible colors on PC... So much better on the Atari ST!

Old 19-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #17
Sigil citizen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T-Jack @ Jul 18 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]243792[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey, I played this game on my old ZX Spectrum+. There were infinite lives in my version so it was easy to complete it. I agree it's really difficult game (I died at least five times in every room where enemies were) but it's not THAT bad. You just need to know what to do.
[/b]
Hi!,I also played Barbarian on Spectrum(those were great days!) .I finished it without infinite lives but it was really haaard.Despite the gameplay I must say that even liked this game because it had a nice graphic(for my 8 bit machine)...

Old 19-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #18

Hmm first digital speech?

Try impossible mission for the c64. Annother visitor, destroy him my robots.

That might not be the oldest at all, maybe a fact worth checking out?

Old 19-07-2006, 06:59 PM   #19

in My impossible mission the voice said: Another visitor , stay a while... STAY FOREVER... MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH..

Old 19-07-2006, 10:06 PM   #20
Sigfrodi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonCorleone @ Jul 18 2006, 09:59 PM) [snapback]243838[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Is there a link between Skrull and Babarian? Skrull could even be controlled by mouse...
[/b]
No relations. Skrull was made by 16/32. It was a nice game in the same kind of Barbarian Psy however. More than 15 years after I remember those giant hairy spiders! Yuck.

Quote:
Originally posted by Giacomo
god, I need a decent amiga emulator
WinUAE is a pretty neat emulator.