Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #21
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by little fish@Feb 21 2006, 09:20 AM
To me MK belong to Arcade, because it was a game play in oldest machines in the saloons, and the wrestling games belongs in "sports"because they are inded a sport.
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

That word 'oldest' is a killer.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 21-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #22
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 21 2006, 03:23 PM
Well, but martial arts are still a sport (so sports would be good) and it's an action game (so that would work too).
As for the WWF games - both were also made for the arcade machines (so that would work as well).
See, there's this confusion that presents some problems... And if you move one game, you should do the same with the others.
And why not? The Abandonia can create a taskforce ( :w00t: ), to change some games that they are a little out of their place, to replace in a better place, Mk it is a fighter game, if it was a game about Boxing it belongs to Sports, but it was about fighting i think is place will be in Action.
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 21-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #23
SupSuper
Games Master

Wow, what a huge discussion about what game should go where. I'd rather have a taskforce taking care of the "If you liked this game, you should try" (some games don't even have their prequels/sequels listed!). That way you wouldn't have to worry about categories, just look for games similar to the ones you like :P
SupSuper is offline                         Send a private message to SupSuper
Old 21-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #24
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

We can't satisfy everybody with everything here! If you can't find your game in the list use the ''search'' function.

When we put Soccer manager simulator 3 (or so) into the sports section, other people will scream that it's a simulation and will start an endless discussion to. It's not perfect, will never become perfect and perfect things suck because flaws give something character

There

Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Old 21-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #25
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Maikel@Feb 21 2006, 05:38 PM
We can't satisfy everybody with everything here! If you can't find your game in the list use the ''search'' function.

When we put Soccer manager simulator 3 (or so) into the sports section, other people will scream that it's a simulation and will start an endless discussion to. It's not perfect, will never become perfect and perfect things suck because flaws give something character

There
You have the right point of view, but this topic begin with me saying that sports managers games aren´t simulation, you can search all sites with this kind of games and you will find in the section of sport and not simulation.( sorry to repeat me again).
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 21-02-2006, 06:04 PM   #26
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by little fish+Feb 21 2006, 04:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (little fish @ Feb 21 2006, 04:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maikel@Feb 21 2006, 05:38 PM

There
You have the right point of view, but this topic begin with me saying that sports managers games aren´t simulation, you can search all sites with this kind of games and you will find in the section of sport and not simulation.( sorry to repeat me again). [/b][/quote]
Yes, but apparently you're the only one who feels that strongly about it (and obviously you now know where to find those games). Is that really enough to justify a change? Besides, just because all other sites have that classification, it's neither correct, nor does it mean we should have to introduce it as well. There's practical reasons against it, in fact. It would be quite a bit of work, and the only result would be (as Maikel pointed out) a different set of people complaining, because more likely than not, somebody who really wants sports is going to be bored out of his wits by Bundesliga Manager: you can easily spot the managing bit, but the football is present only in a somewhat abstract form; as far as gameplay is concerned, you might as well be managing a newspaper.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles