Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-07-2005, 12:28 PM   #41
Morphy

Amazon is one of the greatest adventures ever. Having played it when it first came out in 1992, I can appreciate the remarkable graphics even more. The postings so far haven't yet reached the best parts in the game yet. Without spoiling anything, there is an incredible shootout on a bridge and hiding on a ship. Access's finest hour.

Old 25-08-2005, 05:09 PM   #42
Lobo

I am having some problems with this game. first and formost is there any sound in this DL of the game whatsoever? i really hate playing games without sound or music. its like trying to look at art half blind......i lied thats the only problem i am having with the game any info and/or help would be much appreciated.

Oh i tried running the game in both dosbox and vdms sound and still all was quite on the south eastern front

Old 25-08-2005, 05:46 PM   #43
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Just read the review - it tells you - and remember - some games have no sound when played in WinXP, so just use DOSBox
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-08-2005, 07:02 PM   #44
Lobo

read my post it tells you i used dosbox

Old 25-08-2005, 07:40 PM   #45
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well the game has sound (although I've no idea what the south eastern front has to do with it...) - so there might be something with your settings. What OS are you using? Which version of DOSBox? How is DOSBox set up?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #46
Lobo

OS XP

dosbox v 0.63

im not clear on how i can tell how i have "set up" dos box but everything is at its default i think...

oh and i meant to say south western front (the game mostly takes place in the amazon you see) but i fudged up my horrible joke in haste

Old 27-08-2005, 03:00 AM   #47
Guest_chris

My God what is the poin of a forum if no-one answers repeated questions and everybody just talks muck that has nothing to do with the game. There should be a site forum for all you whiney *meep*ers who cant get this or that game!!

I'm talking about the RAFT, quite a few people are having this problem of not being able to pick up the RAFT, whats going on - is there a certain part you click on or has the game glitched?? This is possibly the most annoying thing i've ever expeienced in gaming - HOW DO U PICK UP THE RAFT???

somebody please answer my (and many others) plea for help, i beg of you, chris.

Old 28-08-2005, 02:46 AM   #48
Guestie

Need some help. Likin the game but it seems to have a bug or maybe I am just missing something. Just got the microfilm, etc. out of the vault and am heading out of the security area. I am at the bottom of the screen where you entered from the building but I can't get back into the building.

Thx
Guestie

Old 28-08-2005, 05:28 PM   #49
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

@Guestie:
There's no bug. You can walk back through the guard house (just don't stand at the middle of the door - move a little to the left).

@The Guest Chris:
The RAFT is very easy. Just go to the inventory and drag the raft over the pump (you did remember to pick up the pump at the airport didn't you )
Old 22-10-2005, 03:45 AM   #50
Anitek

The game is REALLY slow...anyone know why?