Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Flammo80
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes, The - The Case of the Rose Tattoo

Having played the prequel, I got hungry for more.
Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes 2 (a.k.a. Case of Rose Tattoo) would make a nice addition aswell. Or any of the others for that matter.
It could be that its too big, i'm not sure of its size yet. But I noticed the underdogs have it uploaded which means its probably abandoned. I can't download from the underdogs, as they freeze up and I have no resume function.

Just ignore this request if you feel its too much to ask.

Flammo

PS- More Praise just for having the PQ series. You guys are great!
thumsup!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well the game is about 610 MB. I don't know if there are movies in it, but if you took them out and perhaps the sounds it may not be too big after all.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 05-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #3
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well there actually aren't any movies in the game. It only has the introductory cut scene, otherwise it's an all animated game, whit sort of cut scenes, that are really a part of the game, unlike with other adventures.
I have it and have considered it as a VIP upload. Wouldn't help regulars much, but I have to make sure it's abandoned. No go otherwise!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 05-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #4
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well yes Havell just said it's 240 or MB. That would probably be without those cutscenes you mentioned and the voices too.

But I never really liked it, but my brother does. He's finished it twice. I told him to play the first one that I downloaded but he never got round to it. I think it's cause he doesn't know how to use dosbox. LOL
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 05-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Flammo80
Forum hobbit

Its from 96 or 97, and its at the underdogs. I have a sister who works in a bookshop where they also sell computer games, I asked her a while back to get it. Its just not possible.
What determines weither or not a game is abandonware?

I'm pretty sure this game meets the requirements for being abandoned. But, I don't know.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #6
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

And it tends to get repetitive and boring half-way through. I first loved the game when I had it, but after a while, I was sick and tired of having to go to every location, look at everything, talk to everybody and actually just try every single option every single time in order to proceed the game. Seemed like it had a counter for how many times you looked at the wall, and at the manure, and at some guy's cap, then compares those to each other and if you haven't looked enough in total, with the right comparrison, then checking how long you've taken to read each description and if that wasn't long enough either, the game wouldn't proceed.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 05-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well I got bored after playing it for a minute. Peronally I don't understand all the hype about it.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #8
Flammo80
Forum hobbit

I haven't actually tried it. Its gotten some bad reviews, too I've noticed.
I just loved the first one. (I had played it several years ago, just forgot)
But oh well.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #9
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Basically:
If the game is at least five years old and not sold by it's copyright owner it could be considered abandonware. But some companies (like LucasArts) still don't allow for some of the games to be added - even if they themselves don't sell the game any more. Now Rose Tatoo was made by Electronic Arts - and the CD I have says made in EU, so the ESA copyright protection laws shouldn't aply - that means it probably IS bandoned and would be OK for an upload.
However the game is big and for games that are too big to go into the regular section there's a special VIP longe. If everybody would be downloading large game archives we'd run out of bandwide...
In order to become a VIP however you must contribute. The fastest way is to do reviews. Just check out the Importaint anouncments section in the forums! So far 2 reviews were required to get a VIP, but generally you had to be helpful around the forums and not just a one request wonder...

EDIT: I see some posts got up while I was typing this. This is an excelent game, but not your everyday adventure. You have to think really hard! I never had to look at something until my eyes droped down, but you need certain information to know what to look for. If you find something you must figure out what it is, if it's relevant to the case and if it can help you any further! Get's frustrating, but only because it's not easy - it requires thinking - unlike most other adventures, where you must usually do the most absurd thing in order to prevail - I like those too, they're funn, but this one is a notch tougher and if you ask me - better (not neceserally more popular, but simply better)!!!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 05-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #10
Flammo80
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Jan 5 2005, 09:09 PM
Just check out the Importaint anouncments section in the forums!
I just noticed that. Sounds interesting!
If its for anyone to try, I'll certainly look through the list again.
Some of the games there are pretty good, too.