Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
Sino
Forum hobbit

Here we can rant about games as a whole, seeing as I do it to much. Of course, there will be some rules.

-When somebody makes a post in this thread that angers your belifs about a subject dont be saying (as an example) YOU SUK HALO ROOLS I HATE YOU ALL this topic is made to throw stuff off your chest. However you can agree, but not too much, cause that will be :SPAM: :SPAM: :SPAM: :SPAM:

Thanks, I'll start,

How can a systems design be SEXY? Unless it has a naked woman on it, it makeith no sence.
Sino is offline                         Send a private message to Sino
Old 24-03-2005, 10:50 PM   #2
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Very interesting topic, but it will have probably a short life.
What everyone and I mean EVERYONE see so interesting in Counterstrike????I have played at least 8 FPS that are hundred times better in mp than it and they dont have even 1% of its popularity....
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 24-03-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Ooh finally a ranting topic, I've been waiting for this let's see.

I don't get the popularity of Halo, come on it's been done before, just because it's got a story and such, makes it the best FPS shooter ever and the multiplayer, please, I'll take Goldeneye any day of the week or any other fun FPS that I can think of that's not hyped up by x-box fanboys.

Same thing with Gran Turismo, the game gets tons of credit, yes it can be realistic, but honestly if I'm going 150 km an hour I don't want to hit a car and nothing happens to it, that's realism?! Please.

Finally curse you Lucasarts for ignoring your past and focusing on Star Wars games, I'm still peeved with you for Sam and Max 2, Full Throttle 2, the fact that you want to move forward and try to focus on Star Wars is sickening, yes some games are fine, but not every freakin game of yours, a lot of your success was from your earlier adventure games, why are you ignoring this, you think the adventure genre is dead, but we will see in the future.

Okay I'm done.

For now...... LOL

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 24-03-2005, 11:42 PM   #4
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Know what I wanna rant about? I mean sheesh, I hope people here will agree, but I honestly don't see whats wrong with RPG games today. it's all graphics graphics graphics. NO good stuff anymore! I mean I look at games today and absolutely, sometimes games just make me SICK. Nausious!

Where did the wonderful storylines go, where did the graphics that made you say "Ooo thats pretty, anyways, back to the lovely game" other than "oohh, that's pretty. No wonder this games fifty bajillion dollars. It MUST be good." I mean ARRRG!! It's kinda good I guess that the abandonware = good and expensive games = (generally) bad. So I don't gotta PAY for crap. I admit some nw games are good, but it's RARE!!! Games used to all be good, and if a game was crap, it was an acceptable crap. Now, if a game is crap, it's SICK crap, and if a game's good, it's STILL crap.

I mean man. Storylines now a-days, if there is one, its the name "Hunt the Foozle" premise...You'd get laughed at if you came up to some modern day game-fan goof and started up with the whole "Wouldn't it be cool if your characters engaged in a moving storyline, and had realistic stuff." you'd get called a nerd and get yourself World of Warcraft slapped in your face with a side order or "realistic physics" "realistic enviornments" "realisticly realistic realistics". WoW, Admittingly that game looks good, but yeesh. Since when did it take a massive Online RPG that costs you your child support to be GOOD? I'd cry for a year in tears of joy if I could make the masses play one game of A.D.O.M...Just ONE day of nothing but Daggerfall, at LEAST something that would make them, for once, say "Graphics? What? I'm sorry graphics, I wasn't paying much attention to you...This beautiful storyline is making me cry, and I can't stop because I feel this character seems more like an extension of me, living in a good novel, rather than a FAT PIXELATED PIG WITH TAINTED OPENGL BLOOD, SWIMMING IN HIS FILTHY POOL OF GRAPHICS CARDS AND EATING VILE VILE AMOUNTS OF MEMORY!!!!!

Wow...I feel better. Back to Anvil of Dawn
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 25-03-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
Galadrin
Abandonia nerd

All I gots to say is wow, that was impressive. Oh, and WHAT THE **** is up with the incredibly stupid trend in North America to make, almost exclusively, retarded FPS's. I mean common, the Quake 3 engine is freaking awesome... but do I really need to see 17 clones that aren't nearly as good as the mods put out. Make a real game with the engine, ala Thief, Deus Ex, Gothic, or something else that makes me want to play but don't just give me essentially the same freaking game with a diferent evil to kill.
Galadrin is offline                         Send a private message to Galadrin
Old 25-03-2005, 08:35 AM   #6
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

With games costing more and more money to make, developers are less inclined to take chances, in fear the game might fail. One developer who took chances was Troika, und you know what happened to them... They made RPGs rather for the "hardcore" player, and while their games were amazing (at least in my opinion), they all sold horribly, in a time where sales are measured in the millions. Even Vampire: Bloodlines that got good reviews throughout the bank sold only a few hundred of copies. And don't tell me it failed because it was buggy. KOTOR2 was buggy as hell too and it still sold like hot cakes.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 25-03-2005, 08:43 AM   #7
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

ohh interesting, i think i'll join the fun BUT i'm keeping my eye on you, as this is bound to get out of hand!
I really don't understand why everybody thinks NWN is a bad game.This game is great.The only weak spots are the fighting system(takes too long, although is more realistic) and the fact that in every episode you have a number of locations, were you have a solve a quest.EX: In the first act there are four items to recover, each of them is in one of the four districts(excluding central).The same goes for the second act.It could have been diversified.Other than that i think the graphics rule, even by todays standards, and the story is one of the deepest i have ever met in a game.
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 25-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Mar 25 2005, 10:43 AM
and the story is one of the deepest i have ever met in a game.
If you think NWN's story is deep, you haven't seen anything yet.

But I agree that the first chapter is extremely boring, it gets a lot better after that. NWN is still doing good up to this day though, with all the custom modules made for it and the multiplayer adventures. They said from the start that the game is geared towards the multiplayer community rather than a singleplayer campaign.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 25-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sino@Mar 25 2005, 12:42 AM
How can a systems design be SEXY? Unless it has a naked woman on it, it makeith no sence.
I couldn't agree more. Calling a game sexy just seems plain stupid, frankly. Next they'll start calling them tall or wet or tasty.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 25-03-2005, 10:01 AM   #10
Wahoo
Forum hobbit

my rant:

Why are the koreans hogging all these georgeous looking RPG's for themselves???

I've tried some of the games over there and they very cool and are fun to play, but they hog them for themselves and maybe a couple of other asian countries so that nobody over here gets to try any of them..

One example, talesweaver, looks like an awesome rpg in 2d and from what i've heard from others who did manage to play it say it is fun, but unfortunatly has never come out over here and i don't think they ever plan on releasing it over here.