Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
We definitely do.
PM sent!
Old 10-07-2011, 02:17 AM   #72
Alexis78
Forum hobbit

My MS-DOS copy has a virus, as it detect Avast! antivirus, but itīs and old virus, back in the first years of 90īs, itīs called "Anti-Telefonica", its our national company phone here in Spain (Against-Telefonica) in a default city file.

If you want to do some archaelogy about virus I can send you the game.

I remember that a friend of mine gives me a video game, I donīt remember the name of the video game, with a virus. And he tells me that this game has the virus, but It doesnīt hurts the computer. I take it and installed it. God...what an idiot I was then!

I think that one time I saw a virus that makes the letters drops down to the bottom of the screen lol! I think that back in time if I get the worst version of the virus, It will f*** off my computer...I remember some writings about viruses (I read it in a newspaper size computer magazine with black pages and white letters special article) that make your monitor bright so high that in the end, they burst in flames and sparks in front of you, imagine the screen, the pieces of glass flying...Hey! This scared me when I was young and learnt about virus!

Sorry, too much words, my copy have a virus!.

PD: Michael Jackson still rules in a gif too!

Last edited by Alexis78; 10-07-2011 at 02:58 AM.
Alexis78 is offline                         Send a private message to Alexis78
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #73
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Dos programmes do occasionally give false positives, but we'll check on this as soon as we can

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 11-07-2011, 01:18 AM   #74
Alexis78
Forum hobbit

I replaced the default files with a new fresh copy that I got around internet the next day when I got this virus. It was 2 months ago or so, I was surprised about the virus in the Sim City video game, a virus from the 90īs, but I also realized that after all it was a virus.

But after checking again the video game from my hard disk and from the CD it was recorded, It seems to be a false alarm.
Alexis78 is offline                         Send a private message to Alexis78
Old 25-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #75
Exterus
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
PoE you have a PM.
...and what did that PM say? Did you provide him with a solution to his problem? Some of us might have the same problem and visited the forum to get the answer.
Exterus is offline                         Send a private message to Exterus
Old 13-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #76
dosraider
Dismembered.

What's the story here? Do you still want the original dos version of Simcity? If yes, been digging in my old stuff and I can provide a floppy image of it.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
Jimmy Bojangles
Forum hobbit

If anyone wants I could probably dig up the original box/manual for this and provide some scans.
Jimmy Bojangles is offline                         Send a private message to Jimmy Bojangles
Old 18-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #78
Pbplayer

Default Help

Okay. I downloaded the files, extracted them, and clicked on SETUP.EXE. But, I'm getting an error message that says that the version of the file doesn't match the version of windows I'm using. I'm pretty sure I have 64 bit Windows Vista. Could someone please give me a step-by-step guide to fix this issue? I'm not at all familiar with anything of this nature, I simply want to play a game that I remember from my childhood.

Thanks,

Pbplayer
Pbplayer is offline                         Send a private message to Pbplayer
Old 20-07-2013, 12:07 AM   #79
IJustDontCare
Lurker

Having the same problem. The setup is asking to specify 32bit or 64bit and then contact the publisher.
IJustDontCare is offline                         Send a private message to IJustDontCare
Old 20-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #80
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Well, was the game designed to work in 64bit? And furthermore, is the Vista control programme seeing it as a game or as a potential virus, as old DOSgame type .exe files are frequently seen as false-positives for viruses and trojans and so forth.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete