Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-03-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
steviel
Lurker

:angry: I have been on this game for 14 hr's(off &on),I'm in the castle, thing is I got stuck trying to get past the last heavy guarding Dad,I admit I cracked decided to check a walkthrough,seem's I never picked up 2 book's from the library,"catacombs guide"( I did them without) & "meinkamph".
Is it a bug that allows you to progress in a game without items you need to advance at a later stage,I have played lucas arts games before, Monkey 1 ,2, 3,4, full throtle,The dig, & I'm sure the gameplay was predefined so as not to allow you to get too far ahead without doing everything beforehand in a linear type order.
As I've wiped all the original saves off I'm calling it a draw on this one. :angry: :angry: :angry:
steviel is offline                         Send a private message to steviel
Old 14-03-2007, 01:44 AM   #2
mirrorshades
Forum hobbit

I seem to remember that Last Crusade offered different ways past the various guards -- so by leaving an item behind that you could use, you still had another way to get past. Of course, the other way was usually fighting, so you had to practice up a bit to get really good.

They say that you can make it through the entire game without having to fight at all. However, if you don't have a necessary item or dialogue option for the "non-fight" solution, you have to win with your fists. So in other words, you aren't prevented from winning if you don't have the books... you're just prevented from winning as simply as possible.
mirrorshades is offline                         Send a private message to mirrorshades
Old 14-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paulie wallnuts @ Mar 14 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]283479[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
:angry: I have been on this game for 14 hr's(off &on),I'm in the castle, thing is I got stuck trying to get past the last heavy guarding Dad,I admit I cracked decided to check a walkthrough,seem's I never picked up 2 book's from the library,"catacombs guide"( I did them without) & "meinkamph".
Is it a bug that allows you to progress in a game without items you need to advance at a later stage,I have played lucas arts games before, Monkey 1 ,2, 3,4, full throtle,The dig, & I'm sure the gameplay was predefined so as not to allow you to get too far ahead without doing everything beforehand in a linear type order.
As I've wiped all the original saves off I'm calling it a draw on this one. :angry: :angry: :angry:
[/b]
The Indiana Jones games are harder than the average LEC adventure. There is more than one path. The books just make it easier. It isn't advised that you use a walkthrough for this game. But I know of a quite detailed walkthrough which is located here.

Oh, right. The game isn't bugged in gameplay (as far as I know). There could possibly be glitches that kill your game though. :P
Old 15-03-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
STFM
Abandonia nerd

was this the one where you had to start the aeroplane? Could never get past that
STFM is offline                         Send a private message to STFM