Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #231
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Who said only one of those solutions can be applied at a time?
Also, as I said... enemy agents IGNORE the NPC.

I'm pretty sure we were supposed to place Syndicate Plus for download, ie the version that came with American Revolt and gave you a choice which of the two to start.

In that case, you must have a bad copy. The page 48 of the manual available from Abandonia clearly gives the information I mentioned.
They do NOT ignore the NPC you're supposed to protect.

Well, you seemed f'd up, as only the pure Syndicate is there.

I used the same manual, but it says not. It is badly designed, so bogus anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #232
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
They do NOT ignore the NPC you're supposed to protect.
I can prove they ignore her. Give me a moment to finish uploading the recording to YouTube.

At 1:18, you'll see an enemy agent passing by the NPC and not doing anything. Guess why? All enemy agents in this mission are either going after your agents or to the starting location to set their bombs there.
Quote:
I used the same manual, but it says not. It is badly designed, so bogus anyway.
Take a look then: http://imgur.com/ahfhx

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #233
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Strange how you are the only one who ever have problems with Bullfrogs games. That company always had the highest reputation of quality for their games and I don't even remember one of their games crashing at all...
Second that.
The missions tend to get increasingly difficult after the first one, but actually only if don't let the game run for hours outside of the missions for research & taxes cash. If you do let it run for hours before going for further missions, researching thing after thing, the game gets quickly almost too easy once you go on to the missions.
Also in most missions there are good safe spots where you can let enemy agents come up to you without them being able to shoot you from far away, and roast them with flamethrowers or chainguns from very close, doing colossal damage in seconds.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 AM   #234
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
At 1:18, you'll see an enemy agent passing by the NPC and not doing anything. Guess why? All enemy agents in this mission are either going after your agents or to the starting location to set their bombs there.
Guess what? You're talking about the wrong mission (you should have picture Argentina), using meta-knowledge etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 AM   #235
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Second that.
The missions tend to get increasingly difficult after the first one, but actually only if don't let the game run for hours outside of the missions for research & taxes cash. If you do let it run for hours before going for further missions, researching thing after thing, the game gets quickly almost too easy once you go on to the missions.
Also in most missions there are good safe spots where you can let enemy agents come up to you without them being able to shoot you from far away, and roast them with flamethrowers or chainguns from very close, doing colossal damage in seconds.
I'm sorry but incrising difficuty? In a nonlinear-system game? How is that?

I only needed as weapon the Machine Gun to wreak havoc 99% or the missions. Found a prototype very early, between the 5-10th mission. The only other guns I needed was Gaus rifle (to eliminate vehicles), lazer (during Argetina mission) and Energy Shield (during 1 mission besides the Atlantic Station).

I only researched 1 thing at a time, and only waited when the project required less then 1.5 days.

When gazillion well equipped (= miniguns) enemy comes, it doesn't matter wether you have a "safe point" or not - you'll die. Make them come in few (direction and distance does not matter, the AI controlls the shoots remember). I found though only 1-2 missions where this problem occurs.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:51 AM   #236
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
You're talking about the wrong mission (you should have picture Argentina)
Negative.
"in Kenya" "in Kenya" "about Kenya-mission"
Quote:
using meta-knowledge etc.
Negative. I only MUST ensure my own agents are upgraded to the maximum affordable level no matter what the mission is. Which I did quite successfully. In the playthrough that video came from I have by that point completed Atlantic Accelerator and did not get around to Kenya, Mauritania, Arabia, Mozambique, Indonesia or any of the territories in South America or Australia.

You know, it's odd how you conveniently "missed" a page in the manual, you conveniently "forget" what mission we're talking about, you're throwing around claims you can't back and dismiss anything the others tell you no matter the proof, just coming up with more bullshit excuses... in other words, every symptom of a common internet troll. Adjust your attitude before we do it for you with a two-by-four.

And cut out that bull about "meta-knowledge". You've taken words of one person and are twisting them completely out of context. In other words, it's just another way you're trolling.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 10-12-2011 at 09:10 AM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #237
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Negative. You take things out of context and referrs on the wrong situation.

Quote:
- in Argentina another mindless agent is supposed to be carried over. He goes with his own mind, and all arriving enemy attacks HIM. Worst problem is, enemy comes from all direction. Any hint?
Quote:
Quote:
using meta-knowledge etc.
Negative.
Negative. Check Mission Argentina.

You conveniently "missed" any part of the conversation not on your side.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #238
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Negative. You take things out of context and referrs on the wrong situation.
Quote:
Negative. Check Mission Argentina.
Quote:
You conveniently "missed" any part of the conversation not on your side.
You probably haven't noticed that I said I can only run one of the missions on your list from the savegames I've got. The others are either already completed or require completing several other missions before I could start them. I don't have time to replay the game just to get there.

-- Reed Richards
Old 16-06-2017, 02:33 AM   #239
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

One of the things I enjoyed playing Syndicate was the ability to persuade Civilians, Guards, Police Officers and even Enemy Agents. Of course after using cheat codes. Without cheat codes, it is difficult to persuade Enemy Agents and the Scanner to make the Map more accurate and wider in scope. Bacause you Agents must be faster, stronger and more powerful (more powerful armor).

• I enjoyed performing several Missions in which I eliminated the Enemy Agents simply by persuading them! I realized that Enemy Agents will ALWAYS try to eliminate Agent #1 first, then Agent #2 and so on. I positioned Agent #1 under a building and all the Enemy Agents stand on top of the building (up the ramp) and stand still. Then I persuaded the Civilians using other Agents and then the Enemy Agents. Depending on the Mission, I used different tactics according to the geography of the place. On almost all Missions, I successfully persuaded the Enemy Agents except in the Atlantic Mission, for the Enemy Agents literally shoot everywhere and have no Civilian to be persuaded.

• On one of the Missions I do not remember where, a simple action is enough to complete the Mission without facing the Enemy Agents. The city has a railway line, is on an elevation (viaduct) while the Mission Target is in a Tunnel. As the Target is well on the side of your Agents, just use Gauss Gun in the Tunnel to eliminate the Target.

• A curiosity is that when I used Game Wizard (Mega Trainer and Editor), I captured Enemy Agents that were of both genders. When you use the cheat codes, all captured Enemy Agents and your Agents are only female.
Old 22-06-2017, 03:46 AM   #240
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Post Syndicate: American Revolt

As the “American Revolt” package is part of Syndicate, I will comment it on this topic.

Like Syndicate Wars, the package is also very difficult. The reasons:

• The Enemy Agents are better armored, faster (Level 1 or 2 Armor), far superior to the original Syndicate game (enemy Agents without Armor);

• The Clone Shield is useless to the enemy Agents, being useful only to deceive Cops and Guards.

• The bloody Aerial Bombardments (I can not remember the correct name). Your Agents are “flying” and can fall into a ocean (Atlantic Mission) or lower floor without having to leave!

On the other hand, I managed to persuade all the enemy Agents when there were Civilians.

I do not remember right, but the Atlantic Mission, as usual, I could not persuade enemy Agents.

Whether you are using Game Wizard Editor or Cheat Codes, it is possible for an Agent with “infinite” HP to perish. One of the most unpleasant things is when your Agent falls into the sewer, river, lake, ocean. Death is certain. Or if the Agent falls and has no way to return.

I forgot to mention that as much as the Agent has infinite HP, if he gets hit by a vehicle, there is no editor or trainer to save him from certain death. I am not sure, but in American Revolt, enemy Agents can shoot you inside a vehicle.

In my opinion, the Game Wizard Editor is the best, because the HP of the Agent could be frozen, fixed. But damn Aerial Bombardments ruin all pleasure, because you have to get away. Imagine several Gauss Guns pointed at your Agents. And woe to you if you do not have enough money, because each Aerial Bombardment costs a lot of money.

One thing I like Syndicate about Syndicate Wars is that there is a difference when you have Armor. You are faster, mightier, fiercer. A Level 3 Armored Agent “walks” among Unarmeded Agents, Cops and Guards. A Level 3 Agent, on full alert, seems to “dance” with the Mini Gun (“Guitar” ) while dealing with enemies on all sides.

On the other hand, Syndicate Wars Agents of maximum Level Armor do not look as superior to the Cops and U-Citizens aka Cyber-Punks / Daft Punks .

Last edited by Mystvan; 24-06-2017 at 03:34 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan