Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #1
Necromagus
Forum hobbit

Default G-Stones III

Right, I know most abandonware stuff is DOS only, but I'm looking for a game that was designed specially for Windows 3.1. I've spent the past two weeks restoring an old 486 that came with a bunch of floppies, including the old Windows version, so I'm looking to find some old favourites of mine to play on it.

One of them is a puzzle/strategy game that put you into the shoes of a taxi driver. The story behind the game was that somewhere in the future, all roads are replaced by interchangable panels that are managed by some central computer, that makes sure taxis always take the shortest possible route from start to finish. Of course this greatly stifles your ability to make a profit, so you've been given a system that allows you temporary control to arrange the panels to your liking.

In each level you have limited time before your taxi starts driving, and once you do you can't stop. If you make it to the finish you're payed for the distance you've driven, but if you crash it's game over. You can use the money to buy fuel or upgrades such as shocks or snow tires, which you will need later in the game when you start encountering more hazardous roads.
Necromagus is offline                         Send a private message to Necromagus