Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-03-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
cosmogreen32

Send a message via ICQ to cosmogreen32
Default Comment on "Best 20 PC - Games in History"

Quote:
Monkey Island-series Owned both MI 1 and MI 2 on Amiga, and it ROCKED! After MI 2, something changed, and the game lost is charm.. TOTALY.....
I wouldn't agree. IMO, Monkey Island 3 is the best in series. Everything got better including humor and gameplay. The graphics and music is superb. The only weak side is animation, but the rest makes up for it. And Murray...
Funny thing, in the last part of the game you can see scenes from previous sequels, I really thought that this is the last in the series. It would be better if it was. MI4 is for kids only and they ruined the whole ambience by introducing tourists. And I don't think the sequels will be any better.

Quote:

Total Annihilation THE BEST real-time strategy game ever made... sorry all C&C/Starcraft fans.. but this beats the living cow-dropping out of them.. All units are polygone, tones of extra units avalible, and DAYS of no sleep on LAN-parties..
Now, this one IS the best of genre. What I like the most about it is the variety of units. There are giant slow-turning cannons with range that covers the whole map (a rather HUGE map) and there are tiny unarmed scout airplanes that are so fast they can be hit only with guided missiles.
And the physics add much to experience. Units accelerate and decelerate when moving and turning (which makes them more alive), unlike C&C units that first rotate 'till they're heading in the right direction then they simply start moving at constant speed until they get where you ordered them - too boring to watch.
This game introduced many innovations into genre and I have yet to see a RTS as playable as Total Annihilation.
(The face of red alert fan after reading this post: :evil

BTW, I must try out Outcast. Really look like a great game.
cosmogreen32 is offline                         Send a private message to cosmogreen32
Old 27-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #2
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

if you can find outcast and if you can find the patch for it
get it!
Outcast has excellent graphics (voxel... but still nice... I could still play it again)
very big
quite a few quests which actually relate to the story
and quite a good story.
It has some humor in it aswell... you can see it was made by Belgians who were upset with the poor support for programmers and technology in belgium from the following ingame quotes:

1) "we succeed... the drone we launched went through the portal into a completely new dimension"
"where did you end up... Belgium?"

2) "enormous humidity and idiots everywhere... I was right... this IS Belgium"

or something like that

and one of the best musical soundtracks in a game EVER BY The Moscow Symphony Orchestra!
Perhaps somebody could put it on the site... the music is easily extracted from the CD.

really a pity outcast II never made it... the preview graphics looked breathtaking...
Stroggy is offline                         Send a private message to Stroggy
Old 28-03-2004, 08:53 AM   #3
cosmogreen32

Send a message via ICQ to cosmogreen32

I've seen some impressive claims about game's AI. Each creature should look after itself and have instinct based behavior, even some memory of events that took place. Do you remember creature's AI being exceptional?
cosmogreen32 is offline                         Send a private message to cosmogreen32
Old 28-03-2004, 03:02 PM   #4
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

well I know soldiers would hide behind rocks and such...
and the NPC's would kinda react towards your actions (if you killed someone innocent and then completed another quest the reward would be smaller) if you killed a whole bunch of good people, friendly NPCs would not help you.

In each region your main subquest is to convince people to stop working and start fighting soldiers
this would reduce the health of soldiers if you stopped production in the 'rice' fields and fishing region, lower soldier morale if you stopped the people from paying their taxes, lower their weapon effectiveness if you stopped weapons production.
but nothing really outstanding... not that I remember (its been a long time since I played it)

oh wait I do think people would stop and bow for you if you were really helpfull to the people
Old 28-03-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I saw Outcast on budget in the shops a few months back but I didn't bother getting it. It wasn't my type of game. A friend of mine told me it was great but he had not played it himself and he is easy to be dragged into a hype. Might check it out if I see it again.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 28-03-2004, 10:47 PM   #6
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

outcast is all but a hype
I mean until I visited this site I felt like the only person that ever ehard of the game
Old 29-03-2004, 10:34 AM   #7
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
outcast is all but I hype
I mean until I visited this site I felt like the only person that ever ehard of the game
It a well known game. Not as well known as some other large titles but still well known.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 29-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #8
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

so that would explain why, whenever I ask someone if they ehard about outcast, they look at me in a funny way and eventually ask "are you talking about Jedi Outcast?"
no, there are very few people I have met that have played the game, or ehared of it... and I'm a regular at quite a few forums!
Old 29-03-2004, 02:20 PM   #9
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
so that would explain why, whenever I ask someone if they ehard about outcast, they look at me in a funny way and eventually ask \"are you talking about Jedi Outcast?\"
no, there are very few people I have met that have played the game, or ehared of it... and I'm a regular at quite a few forums!
I don't appreciate being talked to in this manner. I'm not one of your buddies and I'm not a twelve year old kid. If you have something to say do so in a curtious manner.
I have heard of Outcast so have most of the people around me eventhough neither I nor anyone else I know has actually played the game. It has been reviewed in many of the larger games magazines. That's what I call a well known game.
Old 29-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #10
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

alright alright
sorry
jeesh
anyway for such a well-known gale I sure would like to meet a few more people tot alk to about it