Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-02-2004, 02:17 AM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Your comments on the "extras" section

Well, I see you are pretty quiet when it comes to site suggestions! Things can't be that perfect, even on Abandonia... there is always room for novelty and improvement :wink:

So I'll ask straight out. First of all, what do you think about the music section? What (if anything) could be done differently? Should there be a marking system for songs too or is it not really neccessarry? Also, the upcomming walkthrouhgs / tips category. Should I spend time on adding those for the existing games? Also, I'd like to think what you think about the main game listings. Should I split bigger categories (like Action) into 2 or 3 pages or should I leave it in a single page... etc.

Don't be shy, I'd like to hear what's bad and what should be improved! So give me your best...
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 03-02-2004, 08:44 AM   #2
auhsor
Super Freak

Well to be honest, I havn't really checked out the music section. But i'd like to request the music from stunts, and also maniac mansion. If you are adding walkthroughs and stuff, you should add them for existing games imo. I think that you should split larger pages into smaller ones. If possible, let the user decide on how many per page to view.

And about being quiet about site suggestions... I posted a thread a while ago about user comments for games, and that seems to have been deleted. I was wondering why.
auhsor is offline                         Send a private message to auhsor
Old 03-02-2004, 10:54 AM   #3
mika
Games Master

I think the forum itself is hiding/deleting old posts - maybe Kosta can do something about that.

I also think that as much should be added to each game as possible, from walkthroughs to links on the net.

I also think paging should be done, but don't put too few games on one page.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 03-02-2004, 01:07 PM   #4
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sorry about those posts getting deleted. Not my fault. If you remember I posted a message that my old host managed to destroy my entire database so some data couldn't be replaced because I don't do backups every day....
Old 03-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #5
mika
Games Master

Oops - sorry, forgot about that.
mika is offline                         Send a private message to mika
Old 03-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #6
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Re: Your comments on the "extras" section

Quote:
First of all, what do you think about the music section?
I never go into the music section to be honost. It's was good idea to start with but I guess there is no real reason to download any of them. Not for me anyway. When I listen to music I listen to something else entirely. One request for the music section though. If you could get the music of Icewinddale up there (in mp3) that would be something I would download deffinitly.

Quote:
Also, the upcomming walkthrouhgs / tips category. Should I spend time on adding those for the existing games?
Deffinitly. Walkthroughs are something people specifically look fore often. Not everyone remembers exactly how they finished a game last time around and don't always want to take hours and hours to finish a specific section. Walkthroughs are a good thing.

Quote:
Also, I'd like to think what you think about the main game listings. Should I split bigger categories (like Action) into 2 or 3 pages or should I leave it in a single page... etc.
When sections have dozens of games in them it might be a good idea to split them up alphabetically but I have never been bothered by large pages on Abandonia.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 13-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #7
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

about:Music

can recomend some of the midi's thou.. hehe.. have the Lotus 3 as one of my ring-tones on my cell... most of them work right away, some needs to be converted..

if you'r having problems, just look for a single-tone-midi-converter out there.. i know Nokia (R.I.P crap-phone) has one on theire page..
Old 07-03-2004, 12:27 PM   #8
Icemant90
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Icemant90

Walkthroughs:
Are there any yet?
All it does when I click on it is jump me to the top of the page.
Icemant90 is offline                         Send a private message to Icemant90
Old 07-03-2004, 02:39 PM   #9
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah, walkthroughs are not quite working yet. :?
That's because I think the whole "walkthrough" category is just too narrow. I'll try to make an extras section that will also include maps (for RPG games i.e.), then tips&tricks, codes etc. I'll try to make it happen soon!
Old 07-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #10
Icemant90
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Icemant90

Oh, good! I can help out a lot there...
And about my sudden 'domination' of the forums, it's about me trying to be the most active, co-operative and helful member ever .
Icemant90 is offline                         Send a private message to Icemant90