Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #261
Momoftrips

Kinda looking for a hint here-I am in the forest north of Ukpyr-on a scouting mission to find T'Rang. I'm taking my time and clearing the forest as I go. I just found an area with these 4 big brown stone structures and I can't find anything about them in the hint book. I'm trying to build up experience points and there are some really tough encounters. I was just wondering if there is anything here I need to be aware of? Thanks!
Momoftrips is offline                         Send a private message to Momoftrips
Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #262
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftrips View Post
Kinda looking for a hint here-I am in the forest north of Ukpyr-on a scouting mission to find T'Rang. I'm taking my time and clearing the forest as I go. I just found an area with these 4 big brown stone structures and I can't find anything about them in the hint book. I'm trying to build up experience points and there are some really tough encounters. I was just wondering if there is anything here I need to be aware of? Thanks!
Big brown stone structures? You've probably wandered into the mountain area, if you mean kinda stone-looking walls that's them. If you're on the lookout for the T'Rang spies then you went too far off, try searching back closer to Ukpyr. You should find them just at one of the single road spots.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 05-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #263
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftrips View Post
May I kindly advise You to ask for help one of the best master of these games - Kmonster.
HE can help You, I am sure.
Hmm from some time he is not here every day - sadly.
He is working now maybe.

Master Scatty is nice adviser also.
Old 27-06-2012, 01:59 AM   #264
Momoftrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Big brown stone structures? You've probably wandered into the mountain area, if you mean kinda stone-looking walls that's them. If you're on the lookout for the T'Rang spies then you went too far off, try searching back closer to Ukpyr. You should find them just at one of the single road spots.
Thanks-haven't been on in a while. But, have been playing the game. In Nyctalinth now. Had a cursed staff, but it was really cool. I gave it to my priest, and its special power was completely replenishing all his magic. It was wonderfull having unlimited cure poison, and heal wound spells, so I didn't even care that it was cursed. I have a remove curse scroll so I figured if I didn't like it, I would just use that. But, I guess I used it up, because I was just walking along and suddenly noticed that he no longer had it! Now, does that happen with all cursed items? Do they suddenly just disappear or does that only happen when they have a special power and you use it a number of times?
Momoftrips is offline                         Send a private message to Momoftrips
Old 27-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #265
Scatty
Treasure hunter

All items that have a special power that can be used, have only a limited number of charges of it. When it gets used up, the item disappears completely, so it's a good idea to keep at least one charge if it's a good weapon for example, that you don't want to lose. Otherwise it's gone forever.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 28-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #266
Momoftrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
All items that have a special power that can be used, have only a limited number of charges of it. When it gets used up, the item disappears completely, so it's a good idea to keep at least one charge if it's a good weapon for example, that you don't want to lose. Otherwise it's gone forever.

It didn't have any numbers next to it, so I didn't know how many charges it had. I do have a number of wands with only 1's next to them that I am holding onto until I get offered a recharge spell. My group are all around level 12, so I don't know when that spell gets offered. But, I will just hold onto them until then so I can recharge them.
Old 29-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #267
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The wands you can equip and throw in combat aren't rechargeable, the number shows the number of wands you have, not the charges.

Recharging items to 99 charges and selling them afterwards can yield a lot of money.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #268
Momoftrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The wands you can equip and throw in combat aren't rechargeable, the number shows the number of wands you have, not the charges.

Recharging items to 99 charges and selling them afterwards can yield a lot of money.
Thank-you so much for that tip!! I thought it was the other way around. I wish I had known that before Sunday! I have my game saved twice and I periodically update the 2nd one so if I screw up big time I can go back to that version and not have to go too far back and I updated it Sunday after I go the map from Nyctalinth. This was after I used up the other staff! Well, now I know better! Thanks!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #269
klesch

Hi!

I have some serious problems with the passwords. I like to play the german version which i own originally. Unfortunately i miss the manual. The wizman.hlp is not readable with win 7 prof 64Bit. MS KB Artikel brings no solution. Is there a german .pdf manual or the password list i found some years ago in the internets. But not today.

the link to help (http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...=0&#entry44074) seems not to work.

Help would be nice.

regards
klesch is offline                         Send a private message to klesch
Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #270
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Try http://www.mightandmagicworld.de/php...ic.php?t=11810
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster