Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-02-2006, 01:22 AM   #11
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by little fish@Feb 21 2006, 12:32 AM
Yes, you have a right point of view, but returning to the first ask, if you want to find a sport manager game, you will try to find in sports or in a simulaton topic? I think it is easy to understand.....
I would use the search function and search for "manager", as 90% of sports simulations are named something-manager
Old 21-02-2006, 09:33 AM   #12
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, but like you say they are "sports simulations", and that agree with what i said they are sports games, and for that reason i think they deserve to be in "Sports section".:blink:

BeefontheBone Posted on Feb 21 2006, 02:23 AM
Yeah, but the STYLE is simulation - it simulates managing a team, not playing a particular sport. I'm with Eagle; Tycoon games and other management sims (incl. sports managers) are simulations.

You play a sport, if you want almost all managers games you can see the matches off the game, i think they are 70% sports, and 30% simulatoin, in this case Tycoon games are different because you simulate, but i understand of simulations is if you play with a plane or with some train and simulate a scenario, in the sports managers games, it is diferent.

Ps- sorry i don´t know how to put a double quote. :crazy:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 21-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #13
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

According to that definition, action games like Mechwarrior'd be simulations too, while they're clearly action games.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 21-02-2006, 11:15 AM   #14
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Mechwarrior games are simulations all be it "light" sims. We cannot put them on site but if we did I would put them in the simulations category.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 21-02-2006, 11:24 AM   #15
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I don't agree with putting games like Mechwarrior to the simulation genre. Simulating robots have nothing to do with the game in general, the "mech" universe is more like a background to the story just like killing Aliens is in Duke Nukem or the reason you drive an F1 car in a race.

Looking at the Simulation section on the site, one game strike me immediatly. I have no idea whatsoever why Xwing would be put under the simulation genre, it's an action game. Yes, the game "simulate" flying in space in similar ways to other games like Elite, but the setting is set in a Star Wars universe and unless one wish to argue that simulating the Star Wars universe grant the game the title of a simulation game, the game is clearly an action game.
Old 21-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #16
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Feb 21 2006, 01:08 PM
According to that definition, action games like Mechwarrior'd be simulations too, while they're clearly action games.
Yes that the reason why i say sports managers games belong in sports

Ps- like Eagle said simulation it is a topic very restrited, because almost every game have a little of simulation, if we go to that field all games belong to simulation, i agree with you.
Old 21-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #17
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Games like X-Wing were generally considdered Simulations when they were developed. They were presented as simulations when first released and different from true action games of the time.
That is why I put X-Wing in simulations and why I would put Mechwarrior games in simulations should that come up.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 21-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #18
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well, now that you started talking about it...

Where would fighting games be...?
I mean Mortal Kombat, WWF In Your House and such... Those are action/arcade games, but both martial arts (MK) and wrestling (WWF) are sports (although in the case of wrestling that can be debatable).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 21-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #19
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 21 2006, 03:09 PM
Well, now that you started talking about it...

Where would fighting games be...?
I mean Mortal Kombat, WWF In Your House and such... Those are action/arcade games, but both martial arts (MK) and wrestling (WWF) are sports (although in the case of wrestling that can be debatable).
To me MK belong to Arcade, because it was a game play in oldest machines in the saloons, and the wrestling games belongs in "sports"because they are inded a sport.
Old 21-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well, but martial arts are still a sport (so sports would be good) and it's an action game (so that would work too).
As for the WWF games - both were also made for the arcade machines (so that would work as well).
See, there's this confusion that presents some problems... And if you move one game, you should do the same with the others.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos