Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #101
Scatty
Treasure hunter

I didn't play it, but other people say that it's not nearly as good as the first part, which the reviews on some sites just confirm.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 22-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #102
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

AH Guest you make my mouth water

But then to an extent Scatty is right...most Returns...are not as good as the originals despite the better graphics and sounds!
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 03-08-2006, 04:38 PM   #103
Sith-Avenger

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(me_lobo @ Aug 2 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]246412[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith-Avenger @ Aug 1 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]246266[/snapback]
Quote:
NVM, I have figured out how to save ( use the game folder as the save directory). However I am at a loss as to how to deal with the traps, I have come across a spell user with 4 poles around him and when I try to attack I get eletrocuted, and I cannot retreat either. Is there a knack to geting by these things?
[/b]
Usually only two poles are connected with the trap field together. Try to attack him from a different direction.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info. I have managed to get past the poles but have now come across one with what appears to be rocket launchers and floating diamonds etc etc. Needless to say I didn't survive it LOL.
Any ideas on that one?

Thanks again.

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny to Your signature to help him on his way to world domination.</div>
Sith-Avenger is offline                         Send a private message to Sith-Avenger
Old 04-08-2006, 09:01 PM   #104

For the First Problem you are best Using magic to pull him into his own traps and then use one character to navigate the traps. the seccond set is more difficult. Easiest way to do it is to send your strongest party member through the least painfull route and accept the little damage. Rememebr you only have to get one Party member through it alive.

BTW the best web site on gods green earth for this game is http://www.hi.is/~eybjorn/krondor/krondor.html

Old 11-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #105
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Lucky yes :brain:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 07-09-2006, 04:06 AM   #106
jsite73
Lurker

This is great! :w00t: I remember playing this game back with it first came out, yes I'm old, it was my favorite game for years. I can't wait to play this again!

This game was the reason I started reading Raymond E. Feist books in the first place, I wanted to know what this awesome world was about and what else happened there. Heh it would have been a help with all those chest puzzles in the game.
jsite73 is offline                         Send a private message to jsite73
Old 29-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #107
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

Krondor is my favourite game because of it's brilliant, almost detective story, nice puzzles, variety of items and on-it's-times great graphics. Although i stucked for long time in chapter, where i needed the Guild Pass and surrended, last week I happily done it all.. :brain: thx for bringing people such brilliant piece of art again.
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 02-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #108
kellan

Loved BaK when I was younger. Got me hooked on all of Feist's works.

I'm using Dosbox to run the game (I couldn't get it to work in winxp). And I only have one big issue: the mouse speed. It's way too slow. Anyone know how to speed it up?

Old 03-12-2006, 03:39 AM   #109
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kellan @ Dec 2 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]269893[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Loved BaK when I was younger. Got me hooked on all of Feist's works.
[/b]
Sadly this game did the opposite for me, and killed off a long running appreciation for his writtings

Insofar as your mouse speed problem is concerned, perhaps speeding up the dosbox cycles might help?
Old 03-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #110
Saphire
Abandonia nerd

Or you can simply raise the mouse movement speed in Windows settings.
Saphire is offline                         Send a private message to Saphire