Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #31
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have come to realise that this game is bull@#it.

If it is, don't play it. That's my best advice. Any game that works you up so much is not worth the effort, however good others may find it.

the pope blessed all the AI and then BLEEDS you dry. in less than 5 min of time. "MY SINS" Cost me 8 gold. and all i had time to do was dig ONE GOD#$MN gold out of the #$cking ground.

What difficulty level are you on? I always tried to stay on the good side of the Pope, and at least one of the other contenders. It's been too long since I played to recall the details, but I found it relatively easy to win--too easy, in fact--pursuing a cautious strategy while building up an army.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 11-01-2005, 05:40 AM   #32
Donavan

I am Confused, i cant get this to work. I downloaded it, and am assuming that i can just double click on the EXE.and the Dos thing also,( comes up with black screen) is this wrong if so do i need to install it... because cant get that to work either..... To add I last played this game like 92 93 i loved the Game i hope i still do.

Thanks if you can help
Running XP :help:

Old 15-01-2005, 05:52 AM   #33
Dethyl

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimStone@Jan 6 2005, 08:45 PM
I hope someone reads this.

I have castles2 and I payed for it LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG tima go. the 3.5 disk was ruined. and i lost the book.

Found the game!
but for the life of me. i can not get it to build a castle. I lay out the design and everything. but it never adds a brick. the land revolts. and i have to stomp them again.

also. any way to make burgandy stop with the threats?
Give me gold and i wont attack you.

*shake fist* Bring it on!
Pope is mad.
pope wants gold.
pesents revolt.
Burgandy wants gold
pope wants gold
To build a castle:
1. Layout the design, and exit to the main playing screen.
2. Click on the territory where you laid the castle design.
3. In the lower right corner of your screen( territory status), a 'build castle' option in green should appear. Click it.

***Note that this uses up one of your resource gathering slots unless you cancel the castle build or the castle is built completely.

What did you do? Just lay out the design and go on gathering resources, etc?
You need to tell your people to 'build castle' otherwise they'll just ignore the castle foundations that you laid out.

Old 16-01-2005, 12:32 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimStone@Jan 6 2005, 08:45 PM
also. any way to make burgandy stop with the threats?
Give me gold and i wont attack you.

*shake fist* Bring it on!
Pope is mad.
pope wants gold.
pesents revolt.
Burgandy wants gold
pope wants gold
Generally speaking, you should pick one enemy at a time, if you can, and hit them with everything but the kitchen sink.

Otherwise, try to keep other players as friends until it's time to put them on the chopping block, but never give them more than 1 gold.

As to the Pope...just keep bribing him at 2 gold a pop. If you get Blessed, other players will be hesitant to attack you. (And if they still do, their affiliation with the Pope is weakened.)

However, in the game as in history, the Pope is more of a vocal nuisance than a serious enemy. Keep him plied with gold and toss him a few chunks of useless land, and he'll be no bother.

Old 28-01-2005, 06:44 AM   #35
Some Dude

I cannot find a manual for this game. Can someone post it, even in text format would be great?

Thanks.

Old 29-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #36
Dethyl

Quote:
Originally posted by Some Dude@Jan 28 2005, 06:44 AM
I cannot find a manual for this game. Can someone post it, even in text format would be great?

Thanks.
You don't need the manual, the game is simple enough to learn in a few minutes. As for copy protection, just click on 'codes' on the game page. It's located under the 'discuss this game' link. I thought that was rather obvious?

Old 30-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #37
goblins
Game Wizzard

its a good game i beat it so i dont play anymore (on the hardest difficulty after 3 days of play) good to play it again after so many years but it would be good to have a castles 3 if the successor to interplay (whoever has the rights ever gets around to it)
goblins is offline                         Send a private message to goblins
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #38
william_is_bob

This game was pretty good, but interplay did not add more to the castle building aspect, as it is pretty much the same as castle 1. And there is no such a thing as terrain in the game, I built my castle next to water thinking that they can only attack from land side, so I put weak defences on the water side and guess what ? his army showed up over the blue things that I cannot build on, even his ballistas, and took my castle from the weak side, nice one interplay.

I played a AWSOME game a while ago that people who like this type of game would really love. I dont remember the title exactly, its something like 1066 AD or something, the year william invased england. ITs based in england, you can built castles too but you get to defend it in a 3D enviroment as you have built it. The strategy part is not complicated, jsut built farms and things, but after you get the economy going, your lord can go on tournement and adventures to get items, and finally attack london in a 3D enviroment to be king. I relly liked it, dont remember what I did with the game, on the old 48666.

W

Old 08-02-2005, 10:33 PM   #39

Yea, Conqueror 1066. One of the best games ever, although managing your economy was very simplistic as was the AI, however that game is definitely on my top 10 list, highly recommended.

How can I get sound to work for Castles 2!?

Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 PM   #40
Wael
Hero Gamer

Question,
Are you using dosbox?
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael