Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-09-2006, 03:32 AM   #1
giganto
Forum hobbit

Send a message via AIM to giganto Send a message via MSN to giganto

This question has bugged me all my life. Where did humanity come from? And why? I will be happy to listen to all of your theories.
Old 18-09-2006, 04:02 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

The ultimate answer to this question is: the last generation of people before you.
Old 18-09-2006, 05:12 AM   #3
Morrin
Underground

From since human started eating flesh and absorbed all attributes from animals..

err..

But seriously, since human kind started to drift away from animalistic instincts and started developing humanic awareness and intelligence?
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 18-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #4
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Mhh... crossopterygian got outta the water and was transformed due to the radioactivity that was resident at primal-earth (his genes in fact). That was goin on for some time so shore- and land-living reptiles evolved.

Reptiles rul0red for some time. Then mammals took over. Pro'lly meteor impact or heavy volcanic activity.

At some time ape-like animals divided into some branch that developed into humans.
Old 18-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Here is one theory about asians... it's absolutely ridiculous though.

Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 18-09-2006, 12:34 PM   #6
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Since when has "Asian" been a race?

I'm not sure wuite what you're asking in the OP - do you mean why humanity specifically (pure chance) why here (chance again, though of course we wouldn't be here to worry about it if we were somewhere else) or the Ultimate Question, in which case the most sensible answer ever given is "42". There's no purpose to our existence if you ask me, apart from those we set ourselves - evolution is directionless, it has no goal "im mind" and humans aren't the "end point" - we've just slowed natural selection down a bit by ending up on top of the food chain and having sufficient medical knowledge to remove a lot of selective pressure.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 18-09-2006, 12:57 PM   #7
Himmler
Trollmaster General

well first there were dacians and then they spread around the world after ragnarok.and then we had computers.
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 18-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
a1s
Hero Gamer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chadtherodentslayer @ Sep 18 2006, 06:32 AM) [snapback]255703[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This question has bugged me all my life. Where did humanity come from? And why? I will be happy to listen to all of your theories.
[/b]
you are asking the wqrong questions. Humanity didn't come from a "where" (some will tell me it came from Africa, which is true, but I like I said insignificant), it came from a "when"! simply put, humainty came from the past. but that is an oversimplified version of my theory.
as to why, not only doen't anyone know that, but due to Turing's great theorem it is impossible for the human socium to correctly and fully comprehend it's purpose. it is possible to get an approximation (!) of our function using extrapolation though, but as of today we have been uncapable of doing so.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 18-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #9
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a1s @ Sep 18 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]255825[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
as to why, not only doen't anyone know that, but due to Turing's great theorem it is impossible for the human socium to correctly and fully comprehend it's purpose. it is possible to get an approximation (!) of our function using extrapolation though, but as of today we have been uncapable of doing so.
[/b]
Interesting, I plan to start digging a little deeper into the theories of this Turing guy. k:

Edit : Oh yes, the guy from the Turing machines. No why didn't that ring a bell right away, even saw about him in school. Memory leak. :wallbash:
Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 18-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #10
Morrin
Underground

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Sep 18 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]255782[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
well first there were dacians and then they spread around the world after ragnarok.and then we had computers.
[/b]
What has ragnarok to do with dacians?
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin