Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Dino
Call me Edmund

Default Abandonia memories

Recent events on this board somehow got me thinking about old times of Abandonia. Old times when this place was much more visited and people enjoyed it much more.

This thread may be more suitable to long-term members, but may also be interesting for new members who can taste a bit of Abandonia's history.

So, my question to you is... What are the greatest memories you cherish from this board? Funny moments, sad moments, interesting moments, interesting people, whatever you remember.

My answer straight from my mind: Indignus IV's revolution thread, Titan's avatar, Cheesegrater's "The Pope is dead" thread... I'm sure more of them will pop-up eventually.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Indignus was a source of much fun I think, but like everything else that's not overly serious in here he was pretty much hunted off the forum. Quite a loss for the mood on the site, if you ask me.

The ancient Jokes thread here in 3x Blah comes also into my mind as a place of many a laughter, especially when the pictures began to replace the text jokes. Then there were the half-serious Admin Wars between Tom Henrik and Titan during the now long forgotten days of Abandonia. Only very few who're still visiting here would remember them now, and even many of the longest-term members who are still here weren't there yet.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

For me it was when we have first serious fight here. Three most influential members at that time: Kosta, Tom, and Titan have after that meeting in Sweden, and decided to allow Dissidents forums. To be a member in this forum was a great joy for me
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 11-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Ah... memories...

I guess seeing my first review being placed on the site, was a nice point... but the high point was deffinetly the First International Abandonia Meeting in Zagreb

But there have been many interesting people.
Stroggy, R. Havell, Wendymarrie, Yamcha, The Unknown Hero, Einherjar...

And things that happened?
The hype when we reached 1000 reviewed games That was an update

And posts, I just can't forget Romano's post on Snail mail... and exchanging postcards in real life.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
SlowCoder
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebatianos View Post
And posts, I just can't forget Romano's post on Snail mail... and exchanging postcards in real life.
Wow! You guys actually communicated outside the site? That's what I call a community!
SlowCoder is offline                         Send a private message to SlowCoder
Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #6
Dino
Call me Edmund

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowCoder View Post
Wow! You guys actually communicated outside the site? That's what I call a community!
Not only that. We actually had a few meetings, the largest of which was one in Zagreb. Where did that topic and those pictures go anyway?

And how could I forget my old buddy from Split - Unknown Hero. It was lot of fun doing those translation megaupdates. We got lots of things rolling along with our colleagues from croatian crew.

And Einherjar... Hehe, it was pretty entertaining watching him and Seb argue.

Last edited by Dino; 11-12-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Dino is offline                         Send a private message to Dino
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowCoder View Post
Check it out
Snail Mail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
And Einherjar... Hehe, it was pretty entertaining watching him and Seb argue.
Not as fun as the Stroggy - Anubis fights about the Flag of Israel
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 11-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #8
Tulac
Union Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post

And how could I forget my old buddy from Split - Unknown Hero.
Heh I saw him at a concert about a year ago, we were both to drunk to engage in any meaningful conversation.

There were nice threads at time, everything was nes, many new people that would later become old farts here joined a month or two after I joined. Things were moving then, and abandonia was growing super fast, but everything reaches a plateau sooner or later. Hope we can make this place shine again, and stop this whole bickering and fighting, it didn't solve anything the last time either.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 20-09-2022, 09:42 AM   #9
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

Perhaps I wasn't as active on here as some users were, but I did have some good banter on Abandonia years ago.

Sadly, Twitter, Reddit, Facebook and all that pish just had to come along and render message boards so very dead. About the only active gaming forum left online is GameFAQs. There's ResetEra too, and NeoGAF. But ResetEra is hard to sign up to.

However, I don't recommend visiting GameFAQs or GameSpot at all. I posted there in the past and there were so many tossers responding, not really contributing anything that made being active worth my while. So I left, only to be more active on sites I hadn't really visited much. The response was much better, until this pathetic Australian fool showed up in 2017 on biohaze.com, and has been stalking me on a regular basis ever since. But Jesus. I have known this idiot since 2004. So that's rather sad, to be honest.

Time catches up with everything.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted