Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #41
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

If you've watched it, why don't you do it? As you can see from my pieces of text, there are no standards to live up to here. Just write about it any way you feel. Only, try to keep the "style" with a brief line of facts, like genre, country, director and year. A pic would of course brighten it up a bit. Good luck k:
Old 22-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #42
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Them isn't really that obscure though, although it is a good movie.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 23-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #43
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Them!

Thy movie begins with two policmen patroling an emptiness what state of New Mexico is. On their way the find a silent little girl. From then on the plot begins to move quickly enough to enjoy the movie. Soon a proffesor arrives (he seems to learn about ant's the same way Fabr (Dunno If spelled right) did - just looked at them). and they find the giant ant nest. They put poisonus gas in it, and then check if anything lives. They find what 2 moar quieens run away - one settled on a ship, killing the crew, but her whole colony died whn the ship gone down. The second one came to city. The detail on giant ants in good enough - showing them just as furry as a stuffed animal. Giant ants grab people by torso and move em' around (and you die because of?). Ants die if their antenass are destroyed, and can also die from extreme heat (Kinda lame >_>). If you want to know the ending - you will have to understand this: "They came from Red Alert".
Old 24-09-2007, 07:50 AM   #44
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Nice one, gufu1992, and a great pick too k: A classic that one is for sure! (although I never saw it myself, I know it is a classic ) I believe this was the movie that was used as inspiration for the game "It came from the desert".
Old 24-09-2007, 10:13 AM   #45
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

ugh i had it on a video somewhere. i wonder if it's still there. if not i should torrent it. Have been thinking about it for a while. not a bad movie considering when it was made.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 24-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #46
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I loved movies like these, my favorite was 20 Million Miles to Earth, old monster movies are just so much more entertaining to watch than modern ones (the CGI has something to do with it I guess).

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 24-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #47
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Hey, I've got that movie! Haven't seen it yet, but when I do, I'll post a review, if you don't decide to do it first
Old 25-09-2007, 02:34 AM   #48
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Them! is on google videos (full thing)

spell check complete!
Mission acomplished!
Old 25-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #49
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Teenagers From Outer Space

(Sci-fi, Tom Graeff, USA, 1959, b/w)
Look at this guy. He is not mental, nor is he making a silly face to anyone to make them laugh: He is dead serious. He has just recieved orders to track down an escaped prisoner, who is also a member of his crew on his tiny spaceship.
A small scout crew from "outer space" has come to earth to check out the conditions here for space lobster breeding. Only hitch is that these space lobsters grow at a rather astonishing rate, and are known to pose a health risk to anyone stupid enough to get too close. Apparently, these critters are to be bred for food for the Master Race, the aliens. One of the crew members, Derek the alien (before you laugh at alien alien names, know that his fellow crewmembers are named Thor, Moreal and Saul) is having second thoughts on this whole idea and decides to try to put a stop to this nonsense. After a bit of waving with a ray-gun (yes, they only brough one) that looks like something between an electric torch and a spare engine part, he escapes and comes running into the life of the Girl in this story. Together they try to stop the alien's fiendish plan as well as dodge one that was sent after Derek to capture him, dead or alive. This flick will be noticed for the special effects (not good), outer space acting (not good at all) and dialogues so mindblowingly daft they make your ears want to disintegrate. The pace is ok though, and it isn't a boring film, just insanly poor.

Personal opinion: The trash actors and the special effects (NOT) are doing their best to make this flick enjoyable. When you are not cringing from these braindead and soulless teenagers (still talking about the actors, not the characters), you will find tons of cheap fun here. This movie deserves to be laughed at, and as an unintentional comedy, it works rather well. A funny stinker of a classic killer B movie from the 50's. Oh, and I couldn't help myself but thinking these crewmembers must have been really intimate friends on their long, lonely journey through space. The size of their ship strongly suggests that.
Old 26-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #50
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Look at his gay face.

My Site -