Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Default Word Games at Camelot

This was a demo of a DOS game from a shareware disk that I played in 1996-7 in the UK. Also on the disk was a bunch of other shareware and demos including an advert for the 1992 game Darklands so it was probably made in the early 90s.

You play a guy wearing a suit of armour who needs to side-scrolling platform his way through levels, occasionally running into stationary men wearing hoods who give you grammar-related questions (choosing the correct word to put into a sentence) you need to answer to continue the level. The first level was countryside-themed and the second town-themed. The demo ended after that.

The plot was that you were on your way to a tournament and the evil Black Knight was trying to stop you so he could win. The graphics were pixelated and very colourful (256 colour VGA, I believe). Sound and music were MIDI.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 25-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Alasar

I'm not sure but it might be Word Games at Camelot, colourful filling in words etc. but not realy going to a tournament.

Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havell View Post
This was a demo of a DOS game from a shareware disk that I played in 1996-7 in the UK. Also on the disk was a bunch of other shareware and demos including an advert for the 1992 game Darklands so it was probably made in the early 90s.

You play a guy wearing a suit of armour who needs to side-scrolling platform his way through levels, occasionally running into stationary men wearing hoods who give you grammar-related questions (choosing the correct word to put into a sentence) you need to answer to continue the level. The first level was countryside-themed and the second town-themed. The demo ended after that.

The plot was that you were on your way to a tournament and the evil Black Knight was trying to stop you so he could win. The graphics were pixelated and very colourful (256 colour VGA, I believe). Sound and music were MIDI.
Alasar is offline                         Send a private message to Alasar
Old 25-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #3
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasar View Post
I'm not sure but it might be Word Games at Camelot, colourful filling in words etc. but not realy going to a tournament.

Hope it helps
That's it!

Thank you!
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell