Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-03-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Default Rant from Psycho Pinball

It was Sebatianos who reviewed the game. And it was me who contributed it.

Any other bloody questions ? And can somebody fix this fuc king forum ? it is getting more and more screwy A LOT. Since the forum is worse than before and filled with CRAPPY google ads and what not. Change to a real forum version, not this homebrew crap. And remove the God damn censor philter, it is even more insane than before. Jesus what a load of bollocks lately. It is no wonder why I am not here around that much. Because of this screwy forum style. Which feels extremely loose in comparison to the former forum. Heck your sister site is doing wonders without any kind bloody arse stupid ads , and second of all. They are using a real forum. Which is envision forum, if I am not mistaken of the name.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 24-03-2009 at 05:19 PM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 24-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
red_avatar
Administrator

I never had any problems using this forum unless I use Opera - it runs fine in IE and Firefox.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 24-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineDK View Post
It was Sebatianos who reviewed the game. And it was me who contributed it.

Any other bloody questions ? And can somebody fix this fuc king forum ? it is getting more and more screwy A LOT. Since the forum is worse than before and filled with CRAPPY google ads and what not. Change to a real forum version, not this homebrew crap. And remove the God damn censor philter, it is even more insane than before. Jesus what a load of bollocks lately. It is no wonder why I am not here around that much. Because of this screwy forum style. Which feels extremely loose in comparison to the former forum. Heck your sister site is doing wonders without any kind bloody arse stupid ads , and second of all. They are using a real forum. Which is envision forum, if I am not mistaken of the name.
Feel free to complain here: http://www.studentis.com/?q=en/node/38
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 24-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Feel free to complain here: http://www.studentis.com/?q=en/node/38
Naah why should I, when it is you guys. Who uses the forum version. So it is here I complain. And the main complain is probably the insane censor filter (it was a bit better before you changed to this forum) and the google ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
I never had any problems using this forum unless I use Opera - it runs fine in IE and Firefox.
I just feel the forum is broken in many pieces.

Last edited by WolverineDK; 24-03-2009 at 05:42 PM.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 24-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Dude, we're volunteers! We don't have any money from this. We're owned by Studentis, they do all the coding, and they live from those ads.
Old 24-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Dude, we're volunteers! We don't have any money from this. We're owned by Studentis, they do all the coding, and they live from those ads.
Basically you are saying we can´t have a great forum without ads ? Jesus have mercy.
Old 24-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

No, I'm saying we can't do a thing at the moment.

Expect changes in the near future.

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 24-03-2009 at 06:17 PM.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 24-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #8
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Or worse
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 24-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Fine, fine, I've removed most of the filters now. Stop whining.

But FYI, changing to a different forum software IS NOT SIMPLE. It requires access to several things we don't have right now, it requires someone who's familiar with the forum database work and has any idea how to reimport the forum database if the change gets messed up.
The integration between the site and the forum complicates things further, and let's not forget Drupal - on which the main site is running - doesn't neccesarily support all forum softwares. I'm pretty certain the version we currently have has no support for IPB integration.

I'll see if anything can be done about moving that Google ad somewhere, but don't hold your breath.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Whoah thanks for your constructive criticism and balanced tone. And if you care to read at the bottom, what you call "homebrew" is

Quote: