Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
bizarrejpeg

I use scummx alot for my older games like Monkey Island, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle ect. I like how its in a small window, how would I fix the game to work in a window like that?
bizarrejpeg is offline                         Send a private message to bizarrejpeg
Old 17-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #2
win98
In the loop on hardware.

What do you mean by the game. Do you mean the game you are palying inside the program or do you mean games that run in windows.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 17-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #3
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Not enough information.

Most games on this board can be played using a program called DOSBox. DOSBox naturally plays in a windowed mode, so that'll give you what you're looking for, I think. Just edit the dosbox.conf file and turn fullscreen to "no"

Now if you want to play a more modern game windowed, you're on your own as that's a case-by-case situation.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 18-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #4
bizarrejpeg

Well im sorry I assumed people know how scumm works. It takes the game and allows me to play it in a window instead of being full screen.
bizarrejpeg is offline                         Send a private message to bizarrejpeg
Old 18-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Well, yes, and what are you asking us to do?
Old 18-07-2006, 10:33 PM   #6
Japo
Autonomous human

Guesst told you that each program (for example each game, DOSBox, Scumm) decides if it's to be run full-screen, windowed, or whether you may choose how. So you won't be able to run all games windowed, unless you're running them through Scumm or DOSBox. In any case you want to try, try Alt+Enter, that will toggle between window and full-screen WHEN available.
Old 19-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bizarrejpeg @ Jul 18 2006, 05:51 PM) [snapback]243802[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well im sorry I assumed people know how scumm works. It takes the game and allows me to play it in a window instead of being full screen.
[/b]
Well I'm sorry. I assumed you knew how to read.

My friend, your post, for some reason, really pissed me off. There's a whole 40 words after "Not enough information" that explained the situation. So I'm going to, line by line, in as condisending a manner as I can muster, hold your hand and explain what I said. While I try to be nice to people, and doublely nice to newbies, I'm going to lean into you here for being ignorant to the reply laid before you.

First of all, I know SCUMM, and most people on this board have at the very least heard of SCUMM. If they haven't played it they at least know that there is some program out there that is a general interpreted for Lucas Arts adventure games that runs on modern operating systems and can, without much difficulty, imagine something how it works.

Quote:
Not enough information[/b]
The "not enough information" is that we don't know what game you're trying to run. Depending on the game you are trying to run the answer is different.

Quote:
Most games on this board can be played using a program called DOSBox. DOSBox naturally plays in a windowed mode, so that'll give you what you're looking for, I think. Just edit the dosbox.conf file and turn fullscreen to "no"[/b]
As I said, a game from abandoina will generally run in DOSBox. DOSBox is like SCUMM, but for DOS games. Even the games that SCUMM runs will run in DOSBox if you have the whole game, believe it or not. So if your "this game" is a DOS game from this site, get DOSBox, load it up, and run your games in it. There are tutorials on this very site to get you started.

Quote:
Now if you want to play a more modern game windowed, you're on your own as that's a case-by-case situation.[/b]
If you're trying to run some other game that doesn't run in DOSBox you'll have to tell us which one it is, and the answer will mostly likely be either (a) you can't or (b) check the video settings or ( c) as japofran said, press alt+enter.

I hope I didn't type too much for you. I hope you read past the first 3 words.

Now, if you will kindly tell us which program you're trying to run and stop being obtuse, we'll gladly help you out.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst