Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 15 2007, 10:03 AM) [snapback]294493[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How would Tapper compare to Ultima VII?
[/b]
They can even be compared since they're both from totaly different genres.

One game is made to be played for hours and hours while the other one is a few minute time waster.

But a game is not automatically better because it's more complex. Look at a perfect example of probably best know time waster ever - TETRIS. It's not complex at all, but extremely enjoyable, playable, popular and even famous. So it's basically all a matter of giving marks in comparison to overall feel a game leaves you with and its quality within the group of games in the similar gameplay style (someone who hates RPGs wouldn't thing Ultima's even worth voting for, let alone giving it a vote higher then 2).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
thebes
Game freak

Yep it's all what you like. Remember 1983 was waaaay back! Beeps were all you got on most games then. If you got beeped music wow,..cool! I never saw this one. Maybe cause I was on Amiga. But back then most stuff was fun just like the three channel T.V. days.
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 16-06-2007, 04:11 AM   #13
Zwischy

Yeah, the thing one has to remember with games from this age is that computers didn't have any sort of graphical power to really fascinate players. Instead, they had to rely on original concepts and in some cases some creative implementation to make a game interesting. I would put forth as my example the original Wizardry: Proving Ground of the Mad Overlord, one of the most interesting games at the time it was released. I love RPGs, turn-based strategy, and other slower, thinking-type games. I don't generally twitch well on the action and RTS stuff.
Zwischy is offline                         Send a private message to Zwischy
Old 16-06-2007, 10:07 AM   #14

Holy cow... I totally remember playing this game when I was like 7 years old or something... On my cousin's commodore or something? Hmm maybe it was DOS. Anyway, thanks, nostalgia!

Old 17-06-2007, 02:29 PM   #15
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jun 15 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]294492[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Gave me a "disk error" in DosBox 0.63, but not with 0.61...
[/b]
I don't recognize a five -point-marking is very lucky either. And I don't feel good about ratings that use all available points cause there isn't a perfect game out there. With a 10-point-system you would have much more marking space, if you know what I mean.

But of course you can give two different games from two different genres and maybe even periods the same ratings....
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 17-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #16
SirPeter
Abandonia nerd

I played it in the old days on the c64 :P
It was addictive. Nowadays this game is probably boring though.
SirPeter is offline                         Send a private message to SirPeter