Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #61
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

That was simple (BTW I did mention that I use DOSBox .63). Well - I hope that solves the problems. Thanks Geordy! k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 23-08-2005, 03:47 PM   #62
Geordy
Forum hobbit

No problem! I started to play the game a bit and I have to say its good but Im a bit startled:

What do I do when being hailed? How do I answer the correct guys? I cant find the hailing party. And there are a lot of informations to be remembered. Which person cruises where, what this race likes, what that race has, and so on. Do I have to note down all that? Feels like work! And for the battle system: do I have to raise shields (press S) everytime a missile approaches me? Or are they active all the time? Same question with J (the jammer) - do those systems function passively? If yes, why are there buttons to adress them during the fight?
Geordy is offline                         Send a private message to Geordy
Old 23-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #63
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

You should raise your shields and turn on the jammer before entering a fight (otherwise turn them off - it's easier to scan for stuff without them). Once they are turned on they stay on until you shut them down.

For the races and so forth - I'm afraid you would have to write it all down, if you want to know all of it.

For the hailing - it's not that hard. You select hail a ship/station (or somebody hails you).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 23-08-2005, 06:18 PM   #64

Hmm, how do I turn shields and jammer on if not in a battle? Do I turn them on under Engineering -> Status -> Shields (f.e.) + Execute?! And if so - how do I turn them off? Switching to Standard?!

Or do you mean raise shields right after choosing Combat? If so are they switched of after disengaging?

And my question was: how do I answer an incomming hail? Imagine being hailed in a standard orbit above an inhabited planet with 4 ships around?

Old 23-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #65
Geordy
Forum hobbit

Sorry, last post by me.
Old 23-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #66
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

No - under engineering you can change the devices you use (you can install more powerful shields, better jamming devices and so on).
Everything is done in the sub-menues. So if in combat sub-menu and select attack - you 'll have the option to turn on/off shields, jammers...
If you have no-one to attack that can't work.

To answer the hails:
Just remember the ship that hailer you - and hail it back.

To switch between ships (while attacking, scaning or hailing) use ...next target.

And feel free to ask anything - if it's not clear. That's why we are here for - technical support, hints, clues, help...
Old 23-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #67
Geordy
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Aug 23 2005, 06:51 PM
To answer the hails:
Just remember the ship that hailer you - and hail it back.
Ok, nothing easier than that. If they would tell me, who hailed me.
Old 23-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #68
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

It's usually the first ship that you can hail - if not then it will say so. But they usually just hail you to trade or give you gifts - there's rarely something importaint that you shouldn't miss out on.
Old 27-08-2005, 05:12 AM   #69
Khono

:-D I got the idea of getting the newest dosbox just before I logged into the forums here LOL. Thanks a lot guys for all your help, I really appreciate it. This game is so much better with sound.
Khono is offline                         Send a private message to Khono
Old 04-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #70
Guest118

I'm running this game on an old 386DX/40 (with 32 mb ram) and I still don't have enough EMS for sound?!? Anywyas,

OK im pretty far along in the game and i've killed many a korok ship. I have a LOT of planetary stuff (alloy document, nuclear engine, warp engine, all the old phelonese stuff) but I need the random generator to give to the EX-3. I can't get it off Er'iick because he wont trade it to me, despite me having a good deal of stuff to actually trade. Most people tell me "you dont have anythihng to trade" so what the hell? I had to GIVE er'iick lots of stuff just so he could trade with me, and then he wont trade away the things I need.

Also, what am I supposed to do with M'uret? I found her and she gave me 100 scrolls. WTF am I supposed to do with them!