Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
rss

Well it's a long shot I suppose since I'm guessing most people dont even know what this is, or if you have, probably havent tried it for this particular game, but if you do, here's the deal.

Been toying around the past days with this, and the module for Might & Magic 3, to be specific, what i am trying to do is changing existing character's faces to use the hireling's faces rather than the standard ones for my characters, now the problem is, i simply cant find the right offset to change this, it seems to cover just about every other imaginable character change but this, and it just doesnt make any sense since it has to tell what the character's face is somehow, so it must be there, somewhere.

So well, I'm not quite sure what i'm hoping to accomplish with this post, since actually testing it out would require the file editor, the mm3 module(well, you dont really need this, but its handy for reference) and the actual game.

But hey, maybe i'll get lucky and someone goes out of their way to figure this out, or have had a similar experience

The file editor can be found at http://www.xcheater.com/download.aspx?file...tools/uge10.zip

the module at http://www.xcheater.com/Download.aspx?file=uge-mm3.zip

I'm guessing i cant provide a link to the game itself, since it isnt abandonware for some reason(although 4/5 is)?
rss is offline                         Send a private message to rss
Old 30-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Petter1979
Game freak

Looks like you cant edit the faces with the uge module for mm3, athleast its not mentioned in the readme.txt file that come with the uge modul for mm3
Petter1979 is offline                         Send a private message to Petter1979
Old 30-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
rss

I know, thats why i decided to find it in there myself, but after much search i believe it simply isnt doable, as the faces seem to BE the characters, and not just something assigned to them, oh well.
rss is offline                         Send a private message to rss