Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see other computer games on abandonia?
Yes, I like the idea. 11 42.31%
No, I don't like the idea. 10 38.46%
I don't care! 4 15.38%
I would like to learn more about other computers before making any decision. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #11
a1s
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis@Aug 15 2005, 05:43 PM
AS for reloaded, the games, that big company offered are nice, but most of the other games I find very annoying.
I guess this is a culutural thing. Being born 15 years later (1986 to be exact) I enjoy the freeware much more than its abandonware-gone-free counterparts.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 15-08-2005, 06:04 PM   #12
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That would divide more Abandonians.

No matter how nice idea for reloaded was, I don't think is good. Most of us don't have enough time to visit multiple forums, and many of us had to decide to either stay here, or move to reloaded.

Just another 'TOP' filter, where you choose between DOS or Freeware and IMHO Windows games would work much better, and we might have additional sub-forum to view instead of full forum.

Same idea would be for additional systems. Have a top filter, where you select system (DOS or all systems might be default) and then select genre or search.

Also most of the games can be cross-linked. Same game (for example defender of the crown) was done for multiple systems, so people can review and see difference between all of those systems.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 15-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #13
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, at the moment, Abandonia is so focused on DOS games, that it would be quite a distraction if we started adding amiga / c64 and other games that require special emulators. A whole new submenu category with C64 stuff (games & emulators) perhaps, but then the "utilities" section would loose its meaning and focus... I'm for the idea, but uncertain how it could be executed. Another site would seem to be the best solution I think.

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 15-08-2005, 07:23 PM   #14
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I believe that it's easiest to add additional option box on the top of main page, with simple options such as PC DOS, Amiga, C64, and by selecting any of these, your links on the left side will change to selected area. (Action, adventure, strategy etc. games for each of these systems, and also utilities, programs etc.) Also your totals at the bottom would represent totals for that system, while you can have different header for different systems, so that people don't get confused.

I know this sound more confusing then what should be, and I might sketch something out to explain it, and how much changes we would need to make in DB for those changes.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 15-08-2005, 08:01 PM   #15
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Like others, I think building a new site for emulation is better. Let's leave Abandonia focus on DOS PC games.
Old 15-08-2005, 08:09 PM   #16
a1s
Hero Gamer

we'll need a staff expansion than. AR allready feels like it's undersffed right now. (I don't know why, maybe it's just becasue it's new, or maybe it's just me all along, but that is the feeling I get)
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 15-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #17
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

I agree with Reup, abandonia should stick to the core business: pc games.

Although a sister site concept like reloaded (Abamulated?) sounds like fun :bleh:
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 15-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #18
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Perambulated?

I reckon a sister site would be the only sensible way - AB is big enough already. As for AR being understaffed - it's undermembered :P
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 15-08-2005, 09:29 PM   #19
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well that's because most people are at Abandonia. I tried AR for a while (the very beginings), but it just seemed a bit to... dull
Who knows.
That's the part I do agree with Anubis - the people would further split up (there are a few people I rarely see here ever since AR apeared).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 15-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #20
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

If we should do this, we should split it to a different site. Otherwise we'll suffer the fate of HOTU. Too musch strain on one site = slooow site.