Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-06-2015, 09:52 PM   #1
qmonkey

Default Microsoft Manic Marbles Demo/Trial 1996

Hello everyone!

I know people aren't supposed to request trials or demos in the request area (I apologize for any inconvenience), but please hear me out.

Microsoft Manic Marbles (aka just Microsoft Marbles) was a PC demo included on the cd of the first Sidewinder Gamepad, back in 1996, that was planned to be released on 1997 but got cancelled. It was one of my first and favorite games as a kid. The game was packed with action and had great last-man standing arena multiplayer gameplay with original music, characters and design.

Here's some more information for those interested:

http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki..._Manic_Marbles

And also an image of the 9 marbles that were going to be released on the retail version:

I hope you can help me. I've been looking for this trial/demo for a long while and would be very happy if someone could help me out (or point me to other places/forums where I could make this request). Thank you so much for your attention

Last edited by qmonkey; 22-06-2015 at 02:38 AM.
qmonkey is offline                         Send a private message to qmonkey
Old 21-06-2015, 06:33 PM   #2
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Send a message via MSN to patryckslasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmonkey View Post
Hello everyone!

I know people aren't supposed to request trials or demos in the request area (I apologize for any inconvenience), but please hear me out.

Microsoft Manic Marbles (aka just Microsoft Marbles) was a demo included on the cd of the first Sidewinder Gamepad, back in 1996, that was planned to be released on 1997 but got cancelled. It was one of my first and favorite games as a kid. The game was packed with action and had great last-man standing arena multiplayer gameplay with original music, characters and design.
I seen on a quick search that you posted about it on several places, so you know where to ask. Did you checked the PMs I sent you? Even if I didn't got a response, I hope you read 'em.

Now about the thread:
By what I searched, besides Microsoft pages talking about it, people asking and nobody knowing about it, it could REALLY not be released, or it is really underrated and unknown.
Anyways, I guess Abandonia don't store demos, but it is worth a search.
What makes me think is why it wasn't released? But I can't find anything anywhere...
Old 21-06-2015, 10:30 PM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It is not for abandonia, but we do help people finding what they want and may end up hosting it on abandonia reloaded
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 22-06-2015, 03:08 AM   #4
qmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryckslasher View Post
I seen on a quick search that you posted about it on several places, so you know where to ask. Did you checked the PMs I sent you? Even if I didn't got a response, I hope you read 'em.

Now about the thread:
By what I searched, besides Microsoft pages talking about it, people asking and nobody knowing about it, it could REALLY not be released, or it is really underrated and unknown.
Anyways, I guess Abandonia don't store demos, but it is worth a search.
What makes me think is why it wasn't released? But I can't find anything anywhere...
Thank you so much for your help! This has been a long search now and, like you, I found a lot of other Marbles except the one that I want.

From the information I gathered, the full game (retail version) appears to never have been released. I remember reading somewhere it was cancelled a few months before the release date for unknown reasons (on some trademark sites it mentions the tm was also dropped by microsoft in 97-98, if I'm not mistaken). Microsoft did release "Lose Your Marbles" with Windows 98 Plus!, which is a total different game, as you already found out.

I did post on other foruns; in abandonware forum there was someone who posted the Sidewinder Gamepad cd image some years ago, but the link is now dead (I send a message some days ago to ask for a reupload and didn't receive notice yet).

I really don't think there is a full version out there, only if the developers still have something (I don't even know how to get to them, which is probably my last resort in this search). But I still want the demo very, very much (it was truly a great game). This is the first time that I'm searching such an obscure title so I'm asking for all the help.

The other difficulty will be running the demo after I found it, but first things first ^^

I'm not giving hope so soon! Thanks for your recomendations. I'm going to look at the links now and I'll keep you guys updated if I found anything relevant (thanks for the words marko) (:
Old 22-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #5
qmonkey

Hey everyone, I was lucky to find someone kind who uploaded an image of the Sidewinder Gamepad cd.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xv...y/SWGame20.iso

I'm now trying to run this game on Windows 7. If someone knows any tips on how to do this, please tell us.

Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewto...=125679#125679

Thank you for your attention
Old 22-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #6
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmonkey View Post
Hey everyone, I was lucky to find someone kind who uploaded an image of the Sidewinder Gamepad cd.

Here's the link to it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xv...y/SWGame20.iso

Thank you for your attention
Hey, didn't you linked the wrong one? It has 35MB, while the full thing is 120MB apparently.
Hope you can post the game files, please, because I'm trying to install the software but it's refused every single try...
Anyways the link for that forum is okay though. It has the link for the disc.
EDIT: That's odd, on the forum that is linked above, one user said that it's not on the disc. This pushes everyone who is searching to look for something bigger than 120MB apparently. So, the question is: does somebody have (or heard) about the Sidewinder Gamepad and, in how many discs were released for it? We found one, and it's missing what we're looking for...
NOTE: I managed to find a torrent link (dead) where it shows a 300MB download. Maybe this is the disc we're looking for...

Last edited by patryckslasher; 23-06-2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Editing to evade double posting...
patryckslasher is offline                         Send a private message to patryckslasher
Old 11-07-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
patryckslasher
Also Known As patryckpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryckslasher View Post
That's odd, on the forum that is linked above, one user said that it's not on the disc. This pushes everyone who is searching to look for something bigger than 120MB apparently.
, looks like someone got it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ma...arbles_new.zip
I couldn't test it yet, but it looks like the game we're looking for. Credits for contributing goes to Fernando (fcc-92) on http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about20856-0-asc-40.html