Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > On site
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
Shambler

I'd like to see an oldie called Treehouse. It's by the same company as Playroom, so there shouldn't be too many legal issues for anyone who has it. It's a kid's game, but I have fond memories.
Shambler is offline                         Send a private message to Shambler
Old 31-01-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
Wael
Hero Gamer

Here
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 31-01-2005, 08:22 PM   #3
Shambler

Sweet, thanks!
Shambler is offline                         Send a private message to Shambler
Old 01-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
Wael
Hero Gamer

You´re welcome,
Though the idea was to be able to post before the changing of the minute...
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 01-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Good enough for on the site??
Old 12-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #6
rubixcube60

Default Treehouse, The

Back in the computer lab at my elementary school there was a game that I can't identify. In the game you first chose a male or female character, both characters were children monkeys (and they looked kinda creepy if I remember correctly), the actual game was set in and around a tree house.

You could move around the tree house and interact with various object (feed fruit to animals, draw with chalk etc.). Clicking on certain things would teleport you to various mini games. I only remember one mini game in detail, you moved a car around by selecting a point on the grid, each point was either "good" (stopping at yellow lights etc.) or "bad" (speeding and other infractions) landing on good earned you points (money?) while bad made you lose some.

I don't remember any sort of goal or ending, simply a bunch of things to do. The system was most definitely windows (whole district did and still does use it exclusively), and judging by the graphics it is likely mid to late 90's. I looked into the catalogs of the company's that published other games (I managed to correctly ID all of the other games the lab had) but was unable to find anything. The companies in question were MECC and Sunburst (Hot Dog Stand FTW!).

Thank you for any assistance in discovering the identity of the game!

(EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game was entirely point & click, also MECC and Sunburst are both apparently part of Houghton Mifflin Company.)

Last edited by rubixcube60; 12-05-2011 at 10:52 PM.
rubixcube60 is offline                         Send a private message to rubixcube60
Old 14-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubixcube60 View Post
Back in the computer lab at my elementary school there was a game that I can't identify. In the game you first chose a male or female character, both characters were children monkeys (and they looked kinda creepy if I remember correctly), the actual game was set in and around a tree house.

You could move around the tree house and interact with various object (feed fruit to animals, draw with chalk etc.). Clicking on certain things would teleport you to various mini games. I only remember one mini game in detail, you moved a car around by selecting a point on the grid, each point was either "good" (stopping at yellow lights etc.) or "bad" (speeding and other infractions) landing on good earned you points (money?) while bad made you lose some.

I don't remember any sort of goal or ending, simply a bunch of things to do. The system was most definitely windows (whole district did and still does use it exclusively), and judging by the graphics it is likely mid to late 90's. I looked into the catalogs of the company's that published other games (I managed to correctly ID all of the other games the lab had) but was unable to find anything. The companies in question were MECC and Sunburst (Hot Dog Stand FTW!).

Thank you for any assistance in discovering the identity of the game!

(EDIT: Forgot to mention that the game was entirely point & click, also MECC and Sunburst are both apparently part of Houghton Mifflin Company.)
Maybe it's an updated version of Broderbund's Treehouse?
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 14-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
rubixcube60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Maybe it's an updated version of Broderbund's Treehouse?
That's it! I guess I remember it looking a little better, must have been a port since I'm 100% sure it was windows (an older version though). I coulda sworn I searched for "treehouse" but I must have missed it. Thanks for finding it!
rubixcube60 is offline                         Send a private message to rubixcube60
Old 16-05-2011, 04:17 AM   #9
rubixcube60

Can this game be labeled abandonware? I found a copy on another site and wondered if I would be able to upload it, would this be allowed or do I actually have to own and rip the game myself to upload it?
Old 16-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #10
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Since The Treehouse meets Abandonia's Definition of Abandonware...

The Treehouse - [APPROVED]

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2