Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-12-2016, 03:18 PM   #101
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Try
Code:
mount c d:\
cd dsteel
and run the patch from the game directory.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:26 PM   #102
Orangsemut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
Try
Code:
mount c d:\
cd dsteel
and run the patch from the game directory.
That worked perfectly. Thank you very much
Orangsemut is offline                         Send a private message to Orangsemut
Old 14-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #103
Orangsemut

I am having a lot of fun with this game. It is difficult but the joys of building up your team is immense.

Too bad this game was so under appreciated. The crappy manual certainly didn't help. Without this forum, CRPG Addict and CRPG Codex, playing the game will be really really tough.

Currently in (I estimate) early mid-game. I received a huge combat and equipment boost when I blundered into 3 Assassins (and a Thug) who surprised me. Ended up with 5 dead but I won the combat thanks to my Priest (caused blindness) and my human knight and half-troll warrior. I also lucked out in that my illusionist managed to stun one of the Assassins before he was filleted. Three +10 backstabbing daggers is a huge plus to my inventory (for my knight, thief and illusionist - who is turning into a decent swordsman).

Now I am tempted to go after the Deathknight for his gear (I tried much earlier and he handed everyone their heads) ... getting a bit greedy hahaha

Last edited by Orangsemut; 14-12-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Orangsemut is offline                         Send a private message to Orangsemut
Old 17-12-2016, 11:09 AM   #104
Lykurgos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangsemut View Post
I am having a lot of fun with this game. It is difficult but the joys of building up your team is immense.
Absolutely! This plus the open world is what has compelled me to play this game more often than any other since the first time shortly after release.

Quote:
Too bad this game was so under appreciated. The crappy manual certainly didn't help.
Also the Spell Reference Card, very important because it gives you the stat requirements for higher powered spells is completely lost - no digital version.

The other big negative which led to me aborting my most recent re-play is the frequency of hidden doors in dungeons and necessity to bump into every wall, every single wall, to find them.

Quote:
Currently in (I estimate) early mid-game. I received a huge combat and equipment boost when I blundered into 3 Assassins (and a Thug) who surprised me. Ended up with 5 dead but I won the combat thanks to my Priest (caused blindness) and my human knight and half-troll warrior. I also lucked out in that my illusionist managed to stun one of the Assassins before he was filleted. Three +10 backstabbing daggers is a huge plus to my inventory (for my knight, thief and illusionist - who is turning into a decent swordsman).
I completely ignored Illusionists until my most recent (aborted) replay. Their Stun is massively useful to help take out enemies that would otherwise be too powerful for your team. Awesome progress there!
Lykurgos is offline                         Send a private message to Lykurgos
Old 20-12-2016, 07:59 AM   #105
Orangsemut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykurgos View Post
Absolutely! This plus the open world is what has compelled me to play this game more often than any other since the first time shortly after release.

Also the Spell Reference Card, very important because it gives you the stat requirements for higher powered spells is completely lost - no digital version.

The other big negative which led to me aborting my most recent re-play is the frequency of hidden doors in dungeons and necessity to bump into every wall, every single wall, to find them.

I completely ignored Illusionists until my most recent (aborted) replay. Their Stun is massively useful to help take out enemies that would otherwise be too powerful for your team. Awesome progress there!
I do like the open world but I am happy for the various sites which gives more details on game elements. It would have been quite frustrating trying to figure out that you can ask or deliver quest items until the other party request or offer items. I know I would have been tearing my hair wondering why I can't get or ask for Mithril from the dwarves. Or worse, killing wandering quest creature and thinking it was a random fight.

The spell reference card would have been a big help.

My Illusionist has been such a big help. I went up against the Fire Giant a tad early (ie. I overestimated my team) and in a fit of bad luck, it and two (out of three) of its Ettin buddies started right next to my team. If it wasn't for him stunning the Fire Giant and one of the Ettins, it would have been all over for me really fast. As it was, ended winning the fight with all but my ranger dead. Fixing up my party cost me a pretty penny lol.

Oh, killed the dreadknight and he turned out to be armed with the +20 Sly sword and not the +25. Still, not complaining. Just cleared out the dwarf mines and now prepping myself to go back to Terine.
Old 16-07-2017, 04:33 AM   #106
Default DoS; how do I enter cities?

Hello if anyone is still here,

My question is this: There appears to be a city right above where you start the game. I can move my party all over the city on the map (eventually running into a random encounter if I move elsewhere) but I cannot enter the city to look around for shops, quests etc. Is there a key I need to press which is undocumented in the manual?

Old 04-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #107
Lykurgos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hello if anyone is still here,

My question is this: There appears to be a city right above where you start the game. I can move my party all over the city on the map (eventually running into a random encounter if I move elsewhere) but I cannot enter the city to look around for shops, quests etc. Is there a key I need to press which is undocumented in the manual?
I am always reachable via PM but check in rarely hence . . . this reply mainly for others, I am sure you figured out how to enter towns.

It is true, the starting location is very close to Farnus, which is a major town and the source of initial quests. Entering any location can be done either via right click > enter or, from recall, using the actual Enter / Return key. Neither are documented in the Game Manual.

FYI Random encounters can occur within city tiles on the overland map. They are not 'safe' tiles.
Lykurgos is offline                         Send a private message to Lykurgos