Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #91
AndrewJFisher
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
You are definitely didn't tried too hard. Space Quest collection and King's Quest collection are on Steam ten years already.
Have you ever followed a game link and gotten the message "This item is currently unavailable in your region"? I've had to rely on GOG for most of my old games, as far as I know they don't "region" their games. I'm surprised though that they're not yet selling Gold Rush! More Sierra text games have appeared since I last posted e.g The Colonel's Bequest(Laura Bow 1) and Codename:Iceman.
AndrewJFisher is offline                         Send a private message to AndrewJFisher
Old 15-09-2018, 12:23 AM   #92
AndrewJFisher
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug MacNeill View Post
Yes, we had to get all of the archaic graphics equipment working and we fixed many graphic issues, but only a few of them were visible. The most visible example is in the mine where you get off of the main vertical ladder and move to the left. It was much easier after the fix. There were many, many fixes.

The game is now available on steam ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/308000/ )

Or at http://www.goldrush-game.com/

There is a remake of the game (Gold Rush Anniversary), and a sequel is to be released soon (Gold Rush 2).
I did get the Software Farm, re-release of Gold Rush!(Classic) from Steam. I'm interested in the sequel, but not so fond of 3-D graphics.
AndrewJFisher is offline                         Send a private message to AndrewJFisher
Old 19-09-2018, 02:00 PM   #93
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJFisher View Post
Have you ever followed a game link and gotten the message "This item is currently unavailable in your region"?
Many times, actually. I am Russian, so I suspect I see such messages times more than anyone else (except, maybe, Brazilians).

But question was if KQ and SQ unavailable for you on Steam. Are you Chinese or New Zealand?
Old 27-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #94
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJFisher View Post

Have you ever followed a game link and gotten the message "This item is currently unavailable in your region"? I've had to rely on GOG for most of my old games, as far as I know they don't "region" their games. I'm surprised though that they're not yet selling Gold Rush! More Sierra text games have appeared since I last posted e.g The Colonel's Bequest(Laura Bow 1) and Codename:Iceman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

Many times, actually. I am Russian, so I suspect I see such messages times more than anyone else (except, maybe, Brazilians).

But question was if KQ and SQ unavailable for you on Steam. Are you Chinese or New Zealand?
Greetings from Poke-man Bonk! Bonk!, Grandmaster Spectreman.

I remember some restrictions of this kind years ago (in the case it was Drakensang series - sales only for North America at the online stores as GameTap or GamePro that went bankrupt ), but I believe that this does not occur any more except when it is selling games in the form of physical media.

When selling games in digital format, it does not make the slightest sense to have this type of restriction since there is linkage to online stores such as Steam, Origin, etc. or need activation as in the case of Metaboli. It would be like shot yourself on the foot several times. It is nonsense to restrict sales to certain regions of the world when selling games in digital format.

And it is not worth mentioning the incidences of fraud, as there are reliable means of payment such as PayPal (which requires confirmation of credit card and bank account).