Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #21
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Morbid_Pathologist@Mar 5 2005, 12:13 PM
rule number 1, a strategy game must NOT be made in a 3d engine, its as simple as that, they all turn out slow, boring, and look terrible.
Pah! What about Total Annihilation, Warzone 2100, Sacrifice, Battlezone (oh what a game that was! - is it abandoned yet?) Black & White and a few others? They all rocked and are 3D. I happen to like WC3, and I'd play WoW all the time if it weren't for the ongoing costs (bah! humbug) and Diablo 2 is indeed dull once you've finished it once in SP (similarly for its mods) but much more fun on battle.net.

I always hated counter-strike too, but I've been playing CS:Source and i actually do like it, although it can be incredibly frustrating when you keep unloading a hole clip into someone only to have them kill you with an incredibly unlikely headshot, from 10 miles away with a teeny pistol.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #22
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

I dont agree that Halo2 is crap. I've played it and its pretty good to me. But THAT HL2 and COUNTERSTRIKE S.H.I.T. have to go... I hate'em! :ranting:
Sorry for flaming if that counts... :whistle:
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 05-03-2005, 08:00 PM   #23
xoopx
Hero Gamer

original HALO

as for counter-strike, it USED to be fun, many years ago when it was in beta.
once stupid halfwitted VALVE got hold of it, it stank, and constantly got worse as the n00bs and hackers got their way
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #24
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

I can't stand really any of the online world games myself either.

You just kind of grind and grind to master your skills, and then they really usually don't have anything to do after that. I hear the news ones have or will change that, but in the old days everyone could pretty much make the same thing so crafting was useless, and I got sick of killing helpless woodland creatures for food and hides all day.

I guess it was too much like a regular job..except for the killing part of course :whistle:
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 05-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #25
Sino
Forum hobbit

• Halo
  • Halo 2
  • Halo's sequals
All this I do (and will) hate. Just the hype surrounding it kills me on the inside. And Bungie made such nice games before so (Marathon series, Myth series, Oni, Pathways into Darkness.)......
Sino is offline                         Send a private message to Sino
Old 05-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #26
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

halo's ok, but massively overrated. like harry potter.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 05-03-2005, 10:59 PM   #27
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

Please Beef, don't defend anything. This is a venting thread. If someone said "Planescape: Torment is the worst, it's so wordy" I would just ignore that post.

And hey, what don't YOU like? I gotta know.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 05-03-2005, 11:52 PM   #28
LordHogFred
Forum hobbit

Personally I think that the original Half-Life is the most overrated game EVER. I just don't see what's so special about it. Deus Ex was so much better :ranting:

LordHogFred is offline                         Send a private message to LordHogFred
Old 05-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #29
Dreadlord
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone+Mar 5 2005, 06:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BeefontheBone @ Mar 5 2005, 06:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Morbid_Pathologist@Mar 5 2005, 12:13 PM
rule number 1, a strategy game must NOT be made in a 3d engine, its as simple as that, they all turn out slow, boring, and look terrible.
Pah! What about Total Annihilation, Warzone 2100, Sacrifice, Battlezone (oh what a game that was! - is it abandoned yet?) Black & White and a few others? They all rocked and are 3D. I happen to like WC3, and I'd play WoW all the time if it weren't for the ongoing costs (bah! humbug) and Diablo 2 is indeed dull once you've finished it once in SP (similarly for its mods) but much more fun on battle.net.

I always hated counter-strike too, but I've been playing CS:Source and i actually do like it, although it can be incredibly frustrating when you keep unloading a hole clip into someone only to have them kill you with an incredibly unlikely headshot, from 10 miles away with a teeny pistol. [/b][/quote]
Yeah! Sacrifice! Rocks yes so much! Very much so...
Dreadlord is offline                         Send a private message to Dreadlord
Old 06-03-2005, 12:04 AM   #30
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Monkey Island 2. The sims. Beneath a Steel Sky.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury