Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #221
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Fallout Tactics Insane

Kansas went down OK after I figured out the sequence.

Zero: gamble away all stuff from the BOS vendor and give everyone Environmental Armor. Had to give Lola a mark 2 variant.

First DO NOT MOVE. Seems until you don't move, nothing happens. Eat a psycho with everyone. Sent Farsight to The Weakest Gate, she had to eat a Voodoo too else got smoldered.
Everyone used jackhammers with special buletts (purpe/green, but also had like 100 normal shell too, and was used up). Lola had SAW + rocket launcher, Jax had Browning.

Second: sent Jax to the Farthes Gate. This is the only way he gets there before the melee mutants get close and start beating the ghouls.
Right there sent Farsight on her way (can't send to location straight. ASAP sent everyone else front of the Middle Gate where mutants already started swarming.
Switched on Farsight, sent her in position (up ahead, so deal with mutants before they even see the ghouls).

Third: after the initial gunning lowers, Jax needed to eat a super stimpack, because of some grenadier (or ultra stimpack, depending on HP).
Using the calmness sent Lola to the posterbehind the fence to dispose the two mutants there. When that's done, sent her back.

Four: Lola kept firing. DANGER: some grenadier arrives in the Middle Gate, and they throw far, and thus potentially dangerous. So Lola switched on rockets.
Also sent Jax a bit further to dispose any remaining opposition there, then sent back ASAP to swith place with Lola.

Five: in the middle the final wave arrives too. Onemutant has a rocket launcher, so sent everyone but Jax back behind the sandbags. Jax has Hit The Deck + 2*Lifegiver, so can stand rockets now.
When the dustsettled, sent Jack to dealwith the two snipers.

Finished the mission with Jax exclusively. Tried to team upwith Lola,but for some reason the program just liked murdering my poor ghoul lady, so dropped the idea.
Used SAW on unarmored mutants, and on armored ones after1 burst from the Browning

Old 24-08-2017, 05:40 AM   #222
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

You mentioned step in step out trick. Don't get too carried away. You just might use that in person and provoke someone who will cause you damage. Playing games can make you more intelligent. However it also can make you end up causing shame by provoking someone to anger.

An example is I played Bard's Tale I all the way until the end. Thank you Jesus Christ that in games it has a save feature and hopefully in person too. Because it turns out that in the end the person who was trying to help you ended up hurting you! After using the save feature to bring myself back to life I won again the master.

You see the save feature in real life is like Jesus Christ! The Holy Bible says those who ask Jesus Christ into their lives are *already* saved# However there are those who ask then deny the Christ and it ends up being like you save your game to a certain point and when you needed the check point the most you erase the last saved point?

Oh one more thing many games are based in real life scenario so you cannot assume just because karma is different in this instance.....
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 26-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #223
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Look u don't know the game, and that map rly demands that strickt pattern. It has nothing to do with personal taste.

I'd also argue that saves would be like that Jesus-character (which religion definitely has nothing to do with karma, 'cause karma is in hinduism/buddhism, and says what you do you get back, and thatreligion has no concept of good and evil), as what does Jesus saves you form? Himself. What does save feature saves you from? Something else.
Not to mention your Jesus went around waving a sword in that fairytale, so I wouldn't wave around this "live by the sword,die by the sword" nonsense.

Either way, I'm quitting playing further. There's no further advancment in power, no real advancment in equipment, and the whole thing is only about wether I'd get a critical which bypasses the armor, does insane damage, and kills my character. That's just stupid. Like Jesus.
Old 27-08-2017, 11:08 AM   #224
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Look u don't know the game, and that map rly demands that strickt pattern. It has nothing to do with personal taste.

I'd also argue that saves would be like that Jesus-character (which religion definitely has nothing to do with karma, 'cause karma is in hinduism/buddhism, and says what you do you get back, and thatreligion has no concept of good and evil), as what does Jesus saves you form? Himself. What does save feature saves you from? Something else.
Not to mention your Jesus went around waving a sword in that fairytale, so I wouldn't wave around this "live by the sword,die by the sword" nonsense.

Either way, I'm quitting playing further. There's no further advancment in power, no real advancment in equipment, and the whole thing is only about wether I'd get a critical which bypasses the armor, does insane damage, and kills my character. That's just stupid. Like Jesus.
Look..... don't quit. My grandpa Vu Van Thanh told me to persevere. If you quit you will never accomplish something. However there are exceptions. For instance look at short basketball players. They could not dunk a ball in the basket but they can shoot a 3 pointer from time to time half way across the court. So just because you think I'm saying this about Jesus Christ it is a misunderstanding. My dad Nguyen Binh Thuy says be careful of misunderstandings. I like your game playing and I was actually looking for to you finishing the game. My mom Huong Thi Vu says keep trying. You can look at it like this... that is one thing you are better than me at. I might be able to program somewhat however you could get further in the game that you are playing.

I'll give you one example that I quit and disappointed someones close to me! I didn't graduate from college. If it is the last thing I do in life I plan to get me 4-year degree officially from the college of my choice. Hopefully Lafayette College of Engineering will allow me to complete my degree even if it means I am 100 years old# See all through life I've always dropped out of college to do the easy things. I would program unofficially instead of completing my degree and programming officially for a job. I would compete in bodybuilding and win a title for my teen years yet I could not finish highschool! I would get an official copyright instead of selling my software and making a living and bringing a living home and making my family proud. So see..... I drop out of the hard things to do the easy thing and that disappoints my family. So I am always the one who is behind.

I'll tell you what. If you find something worthwhile to finish and be productive in your life like get a spouse and settle down and marry and have kids then I will try to finish my degree before I die! Deal?

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen; 27-08-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: I have quit many things in my life!
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 27-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #225
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
If you quit you will never accomplish something.

I like your game playing and I was actually looking for to you finishing the game. My mom Huong Thi Vu says keep trying. You can look at it like this... that is one thing you are better than me at. I might be able to program somewhat however you could get further in the game that you are playing.

I'll give you one example that I quit and disappointed someones close to me!
The point is, I accomplished everything. Staying would be atrophy. I DID finish the game, nothing remains in this playthrough but mindless grinding without any gain in the end.

Lastly: I hardly know you one bit pal... And I don't have a patreon-account.
Old 27-08-2017, 02:15 PM   #226
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
The point is, I accomplished everything. Staying would be atrophy. I DID finish the game, nothing remains in this playthrough but mindless grinding without any gain in the end.

Lastly: I hardly know you one bit pal... And I don't have a patreon-account.
No problem. I apologize. It's my fault. I'm from Vietnam and I don't conversation too well. It's hard for me to understand where a person is coming from since I don't know you that well and also you don't know me. So I'm sorry. All done. Thank you for letting me know you finished the games.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #227
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
Cool. Now I know to keep my distance when in another country. hehe

The game is cool to teach you real life possible scenarios. However don't take it too seriously. My religion teaches karma... "Live by the weapons and die by the weapons." So it is a payback type thing. So be at peace and just let the official officers handle the killing. They were trained for that.

Anyways for gaming purposes that is cool. It's up to you if you want to try and finish the game. Feel proud of yourself if you do. I remember finishing Bard's Tale I and I learned a lot from that. It took me a whole 3 months playing morning to night to finish and I had to map everything out by hand by 30 years ago!

By the way nothing in life worth while is easy.
Dear Captien Bible... Be very careful with twilight otherwise he will starve as he is very hung(a)ry for games. twilight may even go into twilight...

I sincerely am very impressed with the screenshots and texts as a guide for the player during the game.

I can not even imagine the work, time and dedication that this demands to be done.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 29-08-2017, 05:54 AM   #228
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Dear Captien Bible... Be very careful with twilight otherwise he will starve as he is very hung(a)ry for games. twilight may even go into twilight...

I sincerely am very impressed with the screenshots and texts as a guide for the player during the game.

I can not even imagine the work, time and dedication that this demands to be done.
Ever so helpful Myst! You sure shine bright like the star you are. Thank you for helping me get out of a bunch of jams. I might be banned right now if it were not for you. I owe you and start repaying by saying you are significant; However my friend who is a girl might be competing and telling me that only she deserves that title# hehe So I can't call you significant and that is okay because you are also worthy of praise. The Holy Bible says so. One day I will find my wife and until then I will just live life and be happy.

By the way, I was reading 10 tips to be happy by Pope Francis. I see one of them is be humble like my dad says. He kisses everyone's feet! Just some trivia. Also another tip is to be nice like my mom says. So I guess listening to The Holy Bible and my parents actually works. A third tip is to spend time with family and friends like my two sisters. I will have to work on that one unless you consider www.Abandonia.com my friends.
Old 15-09-2017, 07:18 PM   #229
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Baldur's Gate Trilogy Solo Bard

Let's start with BG1. This is actually a backup I make, was not intended to pull this here, as I made another run up until Melissan, can be found HERE.

So:

---------------

I've seen and even played myself a lot of solo BG "trilogy". Some classic transitions, some newer methods.
The strongest one there is the half-orc barbarian, but any build I tried could be made finishing the game, even as dual/multiclass to buff its weakness.
But bard can not be munchkined. And even has high natural charisma, which is a nuisance.
Still, I rolled pretty high, so at least I have a good start.

So Talulah came to be. Blade, neutral, evil. Shar protect her.

Leaving Candlekeep went smoothly. Thx to save&reload got Chainmail, Longbow, and even Dagger +1.
"Unfortunately" right after Gorion's death Imoen met her demise too by the hand of the belt-fetished ogre. She forgot to run, she forgot to equip melee weapon when the ogre got close...

But when met with a 3rd assassin at the Friendly Arm Inn, the darkness helped me:

Next reached the Friendly Arm Inn, where - to get a goal - "joined" up with the couple Jaheira and Khalid.
I wonder what their fate will be...

-----------------

Well, those two didn't last long. Just arrived in Beregost, entered the first inn suggested by the welcomer comitee, and there awaited me another assassin. Jaheira thought she can handle the situation, but she was sorly mistaken. Well, as the headhunter seemed to be interested in HER, I felt a bit frustrated until found the bounty notice. Well, maybe if I don't sell their equipment before...
At least those two provided times aganst the fighter for my kill even as a meatshield. Spared me some running up-and-down.

Got hired by some Silke. Her business looked a bit shady - and was carried out in the darkness -, but whoever whoever pays the money.
[NOTE: seems the quest is either bugged, or have a serious random included. First go when I did not know the strength of the opposition she offered 400 gold. Never at reloads. Then despite I disposed the three my rep did not go down the second time reloading from the quicksave immediate the fight, neither any other time reloading from that. Got the reputation-drop though when reloading from before talking to Garrick and stealing from both he and her.]

[Btw, noticed everyone tries to give you reputation for some reason? Gaining evil abilities are really a problem!]

Did some errands in the area (Miriann's letter, Z's boots, lots of stealing), and by thehelp of a Potion of Defense cleansed the Spider House. Made me clvl 4.

After that wondered around a bit, stumbled upon some hobgoblins with an obviously magical short sword [+2] of it. Required another of the three defense potions, but now that thing is mine. Both also served dealing with some local Cyric-priest. Well, he was instable enough to not even hold up his army of undead, so I don't think anyone lost much. And he attacked first. And he head a large bounty on his head. I just feel a bit lucky my arrows hit so hard preventing his maging. Not that I have anything against priestly magic *looking up-and-around*, only I tend to like survive. [clvl 5]
Also found some talking chicken. Says some kinda minor magling, and I <i class="Italic">know</i> it worth 50 $, only none wishes to buy it. Will have to deliver it later.

--------------------

Well, arriving to Nashkel went more lucky than anyone could hope for. The would-be assassin herdly surprised me, and went down by critical hits (thx Shar).
Slept well in the inn, had a pleasurous nightmare. Felt by thatdivine sign I have to found my presence, so donated at the local church (hey, if my reputation is independent from which church I donate to, it's not my fault).

[Strange fact: BG:EE's donation rate is always cheaper than BG2's, and in average cheaper even than BG1's rate. Weidu is the worst as it uses BG2 rate only, So I've settled for 15 rep, where BG1 and BG2 rate equals out. Not that I could not use the money elsewhere, but in the long term it shouldn't matter.]

[There also seems some bug with Oublek. He never identified my as Greywolf - no free reputation.]

As I felt estalished, before going to the mines tooka look around. Found a talking chicken, Perdue's Sword, Joya's Flamedance Ring, Drizzt's scimitar... I think it's time to visit the Carneval!

[Removed Nymph Cloack to show starting stats.]

---------------

Shar sent divine revelation: Oublek is sexist. The world in general is sexist, where a female has no equal opportunity. Like no sloppy drow sex for me. I'll look after some sweet revenge.

Well, I killed a god. That Ursa-bear. That's a start. But had to turn back for need of healing, and if I'd been there went to the Carnival to let out some steam (after a good sleep). But it was for naught. First they tried to thieve me out (my bladic reflexes outmatched that Vitiare), then thought some shopping would be nice, but some mongrel magling was up to something - no idea, said piss off, which for he just killed the shopkeeper, or performer, or whoever she was. Well, that was a shopping discount at least.

Went to the west, always to the west - why? Divine revelation obviously. Found a book of charisma which gave such discount could buy Dagger of Venom, and gloves of dexterity which gave me an idea. Oh, in the meanwhile also killed some random merchant. I found him suspicion approaching me in the middle of nowhere you know. I mean he had acursed scrolls amongst his merchandise. So trying to rob him was entirely self-defense in the grand picture.
These annoying people are everywhere by the way. Seriously, that Sendai-girl was standing around to ask if I hate Amn? Lay down and die they should these miserablke existences. And I can help with that, althugh it's a bit tyring on the long run. I charmed her and sent against her own troop, me poking from behind.

You know what I'm missing? Identification. Wish Firebead have not taken that scroll for himself...
Oh well, let's visit High Hedge for this. My legs ached after collecting all minor improvement (chainmail +1, bracers of archery, boots of the north, resist fire ring, also bought shield amulet). Has to sleep. With all the rumours about basilisks, sirens and mustard jellies going tothe Nashkel Mines feels more attractive.

--------------

Come to think of it, my self-imposed rules:
- Core Difficulty
- except for leveling up (gains maximum HP)
- no sell&buy recharge for wands
- no Fake Talk or similar abuse

The Mines were shorter than I expected. Not that it did not had its own challenge, but I just turned out ... making the good decisions.

[Unfortunate fact: Violet Potion overrides everything, can't pump back the dexterity ]

First, met some assassin - who wanned kill some sculpture. He was dying anyway, so no idea why the fuss. Got lucky hitting him with poison twice without any damage back, but than he hit me and that hurt, so went offensive spin just to be sure.

Down in the mines the arrows of the kobolds were annyoing, more so when realised there are traps, so going back the town for healing was not really an option. Still, I feel I avoided some unnoticed [at the exit of lvl 3 managed to find a passage where the 3 traps got avoided, lucky me],

The boss of the evildoers in the mine... presented some problem, although worse were its army arriving at the scene. Good thing was to memorise some Aganazar's Scrocher - they all fell victim to just one.

At the exit though awaited a 4-member assassin group - I went easy on them, and destroyed them with 1 charge of the Wand of Frost I just found. Good thing was to find an Identification Scroll too, because I'm not running around with that spell usualy.

Also good news that stumbled into an ankegh right around there, and finished it without much of a problem, so the way towards Baldur's Gate is now open. First have to deal with the bandits of course, but still.

But the highlight of this trip was to poison the poisoner:

----------------

Went on basilisk-hunting. For it worth 1 casting. Met some sentient ghoul, was helpful against some mage, but more importantly some psycho-adventurers too, as they were 4 and I left my Wand of Frost at home to start with. Sent it (him?) in just to be sure, and when they <b class="Bold"><i class="Italic">did</i></b> attack the mage got paralyzed, then their cleric, then even the knight. Had to focus on the cleric though, she looked breaking free.
The mage as usual was punny, died by a single hit of poison. Against the rest still had a defensive spin to keep me going, still needed 1 healing potion.

At this point the money seems to become a nonissue IF i'm not a big spender. This meansI can get healing any time. But buying everything (like recharging wands) doesn't seem sustainable.

Encountered a drow. Killed it. Naturaly 'cause it attacked me. I'm the victim here ya see?

Visited the area W of High Hedge, but barely anything interesting was there (the free healing was nice though).

The Firewind Bridge came next. Both duels cost me one offensive spin, but the reward is awesome.
Also note that the ogre mage is a magic duel mostly, I needed all my aganzanar's, magic missles, and even my lightning bolt, as well as my ability or larloch's (clvl 9), AND finish with melee.

Laugh on me, but somewhere I put down (sold?) my chainmail +1. So went to Gullykin and fought for a +2 replacement. It was fun. It's a sad thing Gulleykeep has no shop. On the other hand if they'd have, they'd probably know the meaning of private property, lock away everything, and me would not have need of a shop to sell their stuff. Well, that's life.
Just like that zombie infestation up north.
Btw, the ogre mage here was pathetic in comparsion.

[Hate the ankeghs. Two out of three times they just get criticals. In a row. Each dealing 25+damage. Have. To. Reload.

Also, it's sure I'll never go to Werewolf Island. Have plenty of exp anyway, and it does not provide benefit of items. I mean sure, there's the Chainmail +3 at the end, but I doubt I could cut down all the greater-than-greater werewolves.
Likely won't visit the Mage Island either, as there are only a handful of wands, and I think I can live without them. The whole thing would be anyway using a Protection From Magic scroll and cut my way through.
Lastly the only l00t that worth the fuss in Durlag's aside the Tome is Kiel's Buckler. So eat your pants.]

------------

checked out "East of Larwood", released 2 fireball, collected the loot. Why everyone is attacking me? I'm the victim here.

The bandit camp was ok. Picked down the outer guards, and when spotted their leader released another fireball, then plummed by arrows. That guy was slow. Well, it's his fault wearing such heavy armor you know. Did not have yet enough lore to identify that wand [of fire], so removed my armor for more flexibility, used a charge from the Shield Amulet just in case. and went in the big tent. Started Aganzanar the mage, when those ran out offensive spinned the rest (they were Near Dead aside the archer, so it was ok). Funny thing was the mage managed to cast Horror, and it struck me - Shar was on my side that moment.
For the warning of the sacrifice-to-be changed my Boots of Avoidance to Grounding before opening the chest, also drinking 3 potion of healing.
[It is wise to charge ankeghs by the way with of Avoidance on. Until they change to melee they count as ranged attackers in melee, and gain -11 to hit.]

Went to Ulgoth's Beard for shopping - could have spend all my fortunes on things, but mainly bought Cloak of Displacement. There was a harp too for charming people - but who needs that when Algernon's Cloak does the same, and is renewing every day?
Shame for the price of that Ring of Invisibility though. Not buying it.

[where is Hulrik?]

Getting in to Durlag's Tower is one of the hardest part of it Those battle-horrors are somehow immun to arrows (used +2 ones, had 5 from somewhere), have plenty of HP, good AC, and easily hit a bard. So offensive spin it is, AND potion of defense, AND potion of speed. Of course they're immun to poison, and I didn't even try magic. To dispose the two on the bridge already cost me 4 potions, and I was pretty hurt still after.
The of Speed lasted till the complete annihilation of above level 2. Ah the ghasts! They aghast. But don't stop.
The Defense expired after dealing with the ghost on lvl 3. I almost thought I cornered meself with its supreme mirror image, but fortunately it was dumb. Even at the loss of 1 image it recasted right there wasting potential. Still, if it'd've managed to summon that Invisible Stalker, dunno what'd I do. Offensive spin fire arrows won the day, lucky me.
Btw, why is there no healer (no, I don't need stupid priests with their fake magick - let them all be banished form all fantasy for discriminating atheists -, I only need medics) at Durlag's Tower?

Meh, teh sexist world. No flirting by succubi. Oh, cruel fate!
Even worse, she forgot I am a female, thus promised me no pleasures! The nerve!

[where's the ghost of Ulcaster?]

The Cloakwood Forest's main interest was Forest Part 2 with all the spiders. [Incredible to see if you turn on the "see the rolls" option how much the engine cheats aganst you.] I went a bit on the easy side, and sent 2 fireball and 1 charge of Frost from my wands.
Still, Sword Spiders were nuisance, only in Defensive Spin and under the Ring of Free Action aquired by Five Finger Discount helped against them. Oh, I could have used the Spiders' Bane, especially that I hardly ever manage to poison anything anymore [for some "weird reason", aka. the engine cheats as heck], but I pulled my nose for not making me immun to poison.

[poison is a poorly implemented feature, as you can't spell away from yourself even with the ~instantenous Baalspawn ability.
disease is a poorly implemented feature as 99% I think does nothing, the remaining time it is the same as poison.
stealing is a poorly implemented feature as there is hardly anything to steal, it is instant Game Over when catched, 100% is not failsafe, can regularly steal questrewards and you still have to roll even if the target has no item.]

-------------

Hm, MAYBE charisma IS your firend. With enough reputation and charisma you can have a nice little bonus on prices, making wands from 5K to 2-3K, which <i class="Italic">lategame</i> MIGHT be sustainable. 'cause at this point money starts flowing in, AND had occasion to try out the blasters.

Cloakwood Mines is not my favourite place. Too many people. I tend to use Wand of Frost and Wand of Fireball to thin them put like Peter Pan. Especially as they mostly have nothing. Except one mage who has 1 scroll of haste (after the lightning trap corridor).
Potion of Absorption (1 dose) is a must. Wand of Sleep (from High Hedge) can also help, this later is especially useful on the 1st level where you risk rep-drop with badly aimed magic.

Don't fall for the false rumour though that the final mage can fall to Stinking Cloud - he won't fall asleep even with a roll of 8 (from 2 reload = 3 casting) he never rolled under.
But I could Magic Missle his arse despite his sanctuary, then Aganzanar which can be used too to eliminate Battle Horrors (turns out they're actually effected by magic).
[Note: seems the BHs pop into existence by some trap or something, also might be related to the mage seeing you. One time I killed the "original two" (sometimes only 1 appears), then decided to cast Improved Invisibilty (seemingly the only useful lvl 4 spell I have - I notoriously don't like to buy spells), Then no BH appeared (almost).]
Good news too you don't need the papers on the guy, it'd take a lot of space. Solo playthroughs' weakness. Especially w/o containers.

After all that went to the Lighthouse for the tome. The golems hit hard, but not that tough fortunately. Sirens are avoided by 2 potion of invisibility.
Now I call this a day.

PS: wearing Claw of Kazgaroth as clvl 10 is reached (actually I'm clvl 11 at the end of this). I like that thing for this game,and there are no more spiders, so the minus on vs death shouldn't really be an issue at all (and the current cloak helps too).

---------------

As I'm already clvl 11 (that's +1 thac0 than I should) I decided to blaze through the rest.
First entered BG to buy knock, and if I buy stuff I might as well buy all spells on sale. And a couple of magic items.
Even managed to "steal" from Elmonster:

Packed my 2 resist Fire potions and the absortions potions and 15 healing potions, bracers of archery, Spiders' Bane and a couple of other stuff, and went back to Durlag. The ring of fire prot was also important. Quaffed resistances, and started to run around (boots of speed) to get the attention of monsters. Then do NOT fight, instead walk on traps! That kills 'em. Sooner or later. There's space to manouver, so rarity is harm. Although seems SOME damage is still dealt. Oh well. Quaff healing when needed.
They'll bee needed as I ran away from fights as much I could. So no fight with doppelgangers or mustard jellies. Still had to fight some Skeleton Warrior with Flesh Golems. Defensive Spin helped a lot (the skeleton lured out solo), still needed an offensive spin (and even a couple of reload). That thing was a monster.

There are overpacked heaps of potions - try to preserve them.

It was nice when potion of speed buffed boots of speed - too bad no longer applies (because game patched). And I wasn't that much into shooting arrows. So instead got the attention of all four dwarf guardian, and led them ~south. That doorway if PACKED with traps, and that is a big help, especially that THEY TOO activate them (other traps have some recharge-delay).

There's another fire resist potion on this level, take it, because the first dose you quaffed at arrival will expire before the levelboss fight.
There's also 2 Dispel Arrow, which are precious commodity.

For lvl 3: no walkthrough mentions this, but there's actually a Master Room to bypass the puzzles, and it's not even far:

Tips for fighting doppelgangers in the throne room and otherwise: When you pick up the helmet RUN OUT. Babystep back and if you see a dupie hit it with an arrow (prevents mirror image), then GET OUT of sight while it casts haste. Wait 30 seconds and you'll hear the spell fizzling away. That's the time you walk in and start killing it with arrows (retreat as needed, use the safe area to manouver).

When all doors are open go down on the right, if there's a doppelganger run past it, bash the locked door open (remove armor, save here), run in to the left side of the room where the exit is, down the corridor, cast Knock, pick up the buckler from the chest, run back without stop (funny how the "dwarves" run along you), get out of the complex. We're done here.

--------------

Stole a charming cloak from the magick shop dealer, and a lightning wand from Brevlik. Found a tome of dexterity at the thieves - at the cost of doing a job to them. For payment-before-action stole a wand of paralyzation from the questor. Good thing, because his-halruanship seemed very much powerless without it despite the praise from the leader thief.

Ran into two ... Bleak Cabal? Who knows. But no matter how sympathetic they were, I just stole a wand of fire from the quieter one and stepped down.

Broke into a house, but it was a gnome's (Nadine), so it was ok. Got a necklace of magic missile from the deal.
Also met an assassin. Not the type already familiar with, this one had some other grudge against me. Whatever, they die the same.
But be calm, met the "basic" type of assassins too. Got a book of wisdom out of the bargain.

Got involved in some ... peeping tom business? Thought I'll just rob blind everyone as this-said-that-that-said-this kinda game it was, but in the end hacked down one of the party. Something had to be done, and better fail than sorry. Got a wand of polymorph from it.

You know the joke where the bard goes into this inn, and finds Baldur's Helm? Well, it's funny because it is <i class="Italic">not a joke</i>, got it?

Delt with Scar's quests (Seven Suns and disappearing people), then slept a little, went back to the SS for that pretty chest (wand of magic missles), and knocked up that pretty tower too (tome of intelligence). No mage at the top, 'cause I did freed the nymph before netering the disttrict).

Sat on the Iron Throne, but felt cold, and soaky by blood. Well, not exactly soaky. You see thatblood fried over it by the fireballs. And that potion of firebreath. Magic Missles were just extra. Boots of Speed is awesome.

In Candlekeep Boots of Speed is still awesome. Bring minal equipment: some potion of absorbtion, ring of fire res., potion of fire res., probably 5 healing potions just to be on the safe side, and aring of free action (also can be found down here). 3 knock spell memorized is advisable for the 2 tomes and the scroll of prot. from magic. The basilisks are a nasty surprise (although getting that inv.10ft can help out, or that invisibility potion you find inthe catacombs if you have no other means).

------------

Freeing the guy from the grip of the Flaming Fist was solved by releasing a couple of fireballs (from wand). Remainig opposition calmed by sleep (from wand). The leader still stood, but alone not that big of a threat.
Doppelganger-medic delt with straight, although paralysing it was in the deck.

Destroying the assassin couple was more or less cake. Lure the male away and paralyze 'im. Draw Upon Holy Might gives enough thac0 to hit it in thatstate (using Spider's Bane). Switching the Short Sword of Backstabbing.
For the other went close after some healing potion (4), wiated to appear, then offensive spin it to oblivion. Easy. Or could have used Aganzanars' from wands, but that assumes she not invisible.

Ducal Palace preparation: bring wand of paralyze and wand of summoning (cast once in the middle of the group before starting). Drink potion of defense, cast a bunch of defensive spell, drink potion of speed. Use arrows of dispel to lessen the doppelgangers' abilities. Fortunately only 1 duke must stay alive.

Sharevok... seems problematic:

Old 16-09-2017, 04:16 PM   #230
Capo
Unconventional member

Do Pillars of eternity solo

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo