Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

As an anti pode to the 10 greatest.

I thought it would be interesting (?) to see what games you played where you wished you could put the programmers/designers up against the wall.

If you don't come up with 10, ok. Just smash up the ones you detest, loathe, hate or strongly dislike.

Mine (in no particular order):

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault: What an over rated heap of linear trash! Who gives a rats donkey about the D-day when you're stuck in a linear trigger based obstacle course. Geez!

Star Wars Empire At War: Tried one campaign. THis has got to be one of the most over hyped games of all time. "Campaign" = build units in a flippin hurry and smash your enemy. That's all! Nothing whatsoever to distinguish it from heaps of other rts games.

Vietnam Black Ops 2: One of THE worst fps around. AI is non-existent, weapons look like they're from Toys'R'Us, a super hero that can't fall down from a crate without breaking a bone, totally unbelievably lame comments... The list goes on and on and on...

Every skate board/bmx game ever released. Period.

Every Sport Team Manager game ever released, with "Fussball Forever" on top. That game didn't even manage to get the teams' names right.

Summer Games/Winter Games (C64): Offered nothing whatsoever in terms of fun game play or true challenges, except the one that was to cry for a new joystick.

Indy Car 500: Round and round it goes. BOOOORIIIING!

X: After you play for an 15 minutes, you arrive at your first trading station to buy a "speed the game up to playable" upgrade. Then it's all about a weak, silly plot that dissolves and leaves you floating in space, wondering why the HECK you bothered. Btw: X:Tension is actually quite fun, since you can have multiple ships stationed around for you to jump into. And since a trader behaves MUCH different from a fighter in this game, you can actually manage to "believe" in the game.

LoTR (the new ones): GAH! Mario Bro's gone Middle Earth. "And so Frodo and Co. went forth towards the Enemy to collect fruit, mushrooms and whatever the Enemy couldn't care less about"... Just a sorry game. And it re-defines linearity.

Loom: Sorry, I know I'm pogoing in a minefield, blind folded and with a hornets' nest on my head. But the game is just so incredibly lame. "Play the flute", ok, "play the flute again", ok, "play the..", OK ALREADY!
Old 15-09-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

I ahte you....
You don't like petroglyph...
Petroglyph was ones westwood!
GaH!
Someone - Ion Cannon EA!
Old 16-09-2006, 02:27 AM   #3
Iowa
Game Wizzard

"The Sims"

Who in their right mind would release such a heaping pile of unplayable, utterly boring, completely useless garbage? Pay twenty dollars to get a job, pay for a house, and work? No thanks.

"Star Fox: Assault"

Unbelievable. Shigeru Myamoto actually found a way to discourage his fans, this horribly mediocre game is all Nintendo's fault, you can't blame the other two companies, they made Resident Evil 4! It takes true mediocrity to make me dislike a Star Fox game...but here it is, mediocrity in it's purest form...stay away.

Oh, and praise to Mighty Midget for starting this topic, I forsee several interesting conversations in our future...
Old 16-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

Sims (need I say more?),
GTA:SA (was really doing the same stuff like in any other of their games and was more boring then other GTA's.).

Srry, all I could think of right now .

troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 16-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #5
velik_m
Game Wizzard

Microsoft Word: by far the worst game i ever played. No sound or music, no story whatsoever and graphics suck too - it's almost completly textual.
Old 16-09-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Sep 16 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]255313[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Microsoft Word: by far the worst game i ever played. No sound or music, no story whatsoever and graphics suck too - it's almost completly textual.
[/b]
LOL - almost?
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 16-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
Morrin
Underground

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(velik_m @ Sep 16 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]255313[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
Yeah, but you forget that that is pen&paper game in electronic form.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 16-09-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

The thing I hate about playing Words, is that the game constantly says "no, I don't think you meant to do that. Therefor I'll do this instead for you. No, no, no need to thank me"
Old 16-09-2006, 02:03 PM   #9
Morrin
Underground

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Sep 16 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]255325[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The thing I hate about playing Words, is that the game constantly says "no, I don't think you meant to do that. Therefor I'll do this instead for you. No, no, no need to thank me"
[/b]
Yeah, or [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO] when you [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO] try [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO] to write some [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO] thing it gives these [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO] annoying [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO] messages [the language pack haven't been installed, do you wan't to do this? YES / NO].
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 16-09-2006, 02:46 PM   #10
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Okay, back on topic.

Reactionary: I liked X (but the sequels were better) and Empire at War.

Star Control 3 - Biggest let down of all time. On the plus side if it weren't for SC3 I would have never learned about the brilliance that is Fred Ford and Paul Reiche III.

Headz - Good concept, kinda, but lacks in gameplay.

Transformer's Beast Wars - Clunker to play than Altered Beast.

(X-Com like game written by Tom Clancy) - I can't remember the name. But I was so excited to support X-Com like games that I bought this at full retail. Gameplay was okay, but the linear storyline skipped around. Unles you read the book it made no sense.

That's all I can think of right now.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst