Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #41
Guest_Shoelip_*

You could also get the entire manual at www.replacementdocs.com.

Man, I still havent gotten the confirmation email...

Old 18-07-2006, 08:55 PM   #42
SenorOcho

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 18 2006, 11:10 AM) [snapback]243786[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
"with no creature scaling to your parties level"

How can you let an Oblivion fan review RPGs?
[/b]

I did find this part quite amusing, since while Heirs to Skull Crag has some serious issues, the monsters being too hard certainly isn't one of them. Anyone who has actually played AD&D (or even d20 D&D) knows the importance of having a balanced party.

I'm curious what method FRUA uses for rolling character stats, though. I don't think I've ever seen less than an 11 rolled, unlike the rest of the Gold Box series...
SenorOcho is offline                         Send a private message to SenorOcho
Old 18-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #43
matty

So... can anyone help me with UAshell? I can't get it to function right. It keeps giving me an error message about "UAshell requiring version 1.2 of UA -- please select "Designs;Default" now."

Even after finding that patch on the internet I still can't get the program to do anything. It sucks because I found some really cool looking mods that require the UAshell program to run.

Old 18-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #44
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 18 2006, 04:10 PM) [snapback]243786[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
"with no creature scaling to your parties level"

How can you let an Oblivion fan review RPGs?
[/b]
or Final Fantasy 9 :-/
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 19-07-2006, 03:28 AM   #45

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Shoelip_* @ Jul 18 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]243752[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
What makes Pool of Radiance legendary compaired to, say, TOEE? I've never played it, on computer or PnP.

I have UAShell, I followed the instructions to install it and it seems to work, but I've got no idea what it does.
[/b]

PoD is the first computer game to ever use the AD&D rules, and it also gives you the feeling of advancing from zero to hero. it plays well, just like any classic AD&D modules would.

UAShell is only a program to help you apply the hacks the module makers did. all you have to do is apply the game (with F5 key) and start UA (with F8 key).

You can find armors in a weapon shop or armor shop! some monsters do drop armors and weapons. are you sure you've checked everything? if you've played any SSI AD&D games you should be familiar with all the menu....

Old 19-07-2006, 06:11 AM   #46
IronShemp

I played the hell out of the 'Gold Box' games on my C=64 back in the day.
I purchased this program back when it first came out but it was quite buggy and I never could figure out how to make the area transitions work worth a damn.

All in all though, I'm sure if you enjoyed the Gold Box or P&P versions of AD&D you'll dig this program.

And as was posted earlier, I cannot imagine how anybody could do a review of this program and not dive into the editor.

IronShemp is offline                         Send a private message to IronShemp
Old 19-07-2006, 12:05 PM   #47
Guest_Shoelip_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 19 2006, 03:28 AM) [snapback]243858[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest_Shoelip_* @ Jul 18 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]243752[/snapback]
Quote:
What makes Pool of Radiance legendary compaired to, say, TOEE? I've never played it, on computer or PnP.

I have UAShell, I followed the instructions to install it and it seems to work, but I've got no idea what it does.
[/b]

PoD is the first computer game to ever use the AD&D rules, and it also gives you the feeling of advancing from zero to hero. it plays well, just like any classic AD&D modules would.

UAShell is only a program to help you apply the hacks the module makers did. all you have to do is apply the game (with F5 key) and start UA (with F8 key).

You can find armors in a weapon shop or armor shop! some monsters do drop armors and weapons. are you sure you've checked everything? if you've played any SSI AD&D games you should be familiar with all the menu....
[/b][/quote]

What program do I have to be running when I press F5 and F8? I mean, do I run frua?

I played Champions of Krynn so I know the menus, I'm wondering if maybe the reason the game seems screwed up (no armor in shops or on enemies, equipment costs seem to be totally weird eg. a short sword selling for 400 platinum and a war pick selling for 1, my wizard get ONE spell slot at level 1?! etc.) May be because I'm not using the UAshell.

The message about requiring version 1.2 of UA means just that, you need to find the patch and update it. I found it on Filefront, I posted a link to it earlier in this thread.

STILL NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL! :angry:

Old 19-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #48
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

[quote]What program do I have to be running when I press F5 and F8? I mean, do I run frua?[/QUOTE}
UAshell, I think.
Quote:
STILL NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL!
Check your spam/bulk mail folder. Chances are it ended up there.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-07-2006, 12:23 PM   #49
Guest_Shoelip_*

[quote]
Quote:
What program do I have to be running when I press F5 and F8? I mean, do I run frua?[/QUOTE}
UAshell, I think.
Quote:
STILL NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL!
Check your spam/bulk mail folder. Chances are it ended up there.
Heh, I figured that out right after I posted.

I don't have my mail program set to send anything to the junk folder I don't even have a junk folder.

Old 19-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #50
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There should be an option to re-send the confirmation email somwhere on the Register / login pages.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman