Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Default Frogger (3D)

Feel free to comment on and discuss the game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks, don't hesitate to share them with others!

Review and Game Download (if available)

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 26-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
Donugee

OH MAN , FROGGER.

I played this at my brothers house once, a long time ago! I bought the PSX version a while back, though.

I'd LOVE to get Frogger 2: Swampy's revenge here, as well. Just playing it on a PC rather than my PS2 would have tons of nostalgia value.
If I still had my PC copy I'd be happy to dump it, but I don't.

Last edited by Donugee; 26-07-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Donugee is offline                         Send a private message to Donugee
Old 26-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #3
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I remember requesting this game but when I tried it it just wasn't good for me, the controls responce bugged me a lot.

Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge is way better though.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 27-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
piroklasztit
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up memories

I remember playing with this game in the late nineties. It doesn't have the classic Frogger's aura, but it is nicely done. The different environments are really challanging, but sometimes frustrating as well. I really liked the graphics. I think for kid's - more likely for girls - it is still a game of choice. If it was converted to a phone OS, it would be the alternative for Angry birds in some ways.
piroklasztit is offline                         Send a private message to piroklasztit
Old 31-07-2011, 02:56 AM   #5
Joshua777
Question Music missing?

I tried my old Frogger disc a while back and I found that it was missing all music, both in menu screens and while playing levels. There are sound effects such as hopping and croaking, as well as noises from the environment, but the awesome soundtrack that used to play in the background is no longer there. Today I found this copy on Abandonia and thought I would give it a second try thinking it might have been a problem with my old disc, but unfortunately it's the same situation with this one too.

So has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it, or an idea I could try that might do it?

It's just not the same without music.

Old 31-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua777 View Post
I tried my old Frogger disc a while back and I found that it was missing all music, both in menu screens and while playing levels. There are sound effects such as hopping and croaking, as well as noises from the environment, but the awesome soundtrack that used to play in the background is no longer there. Today I found this copy on Abandonia and thought I would give it a second try thinking it might have been a problem with my old disc, but unfortunately it's the same situation with this one too.

So has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to fix it, or an idea I could try that might do it?

It's just not the same without music.
Sounds like the section of your Frogger CD-ROM which holds the CD (Redbook) music for the game is scratched to the point of being unreadable by your CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive. You might be able to repair the damage by either using a CD cleaner kit or by using a dishrag with some liquid dishsoap on the scratched areas, but, beyond that, I don't know of a whole lot more you can do for your Frogger CD-ROM...

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 01-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
tomwa
Lurker

Sounds more like you have multiple CD/DVD drives and did put your CD in a drive that is not accessed as "first" drive. I do not know under which API the game accesses the optical disc drives, if alphabetical (D:) or by those 0:0:2 indexes, but most often it's the first variant. So inserting the Frogger CD into the disc drive with the smallest alphabetical letter should enable the music.

If it doesn't work this way, try to temporarily disable (not uninstall) all other CD drives except the one with Frogger in the Windows Device Manager (Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager).
tomwa is offline                         Send a private message to tomwa
Old 13-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #8
yay my music is not gone!
Smile Thx

I have the same problem. I will have to try this!