Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-06-2005, 01:06 AM   #21
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Ouch... yesterday while reading a review I suddenly found out that FTA2's combat system is turn-based... bummer! Okay, there's absolutely nothing wrong with turn-based, it's just that it's not my cup of tea. I am unsure whether I will still play this game or not.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 03-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
HELLCHILD

If the game would have a questlogbook it would be much better, also the dialog interface is a joke and how do i know that i got a quest.
At the beginning one npc kolapse before me and i tray to rescue his wife and son (or doughter) from a cave but he doesnot tell me which one.I surfed on the internet and found out that the game was never fully finisched and that some of the quests stayed unsolved ? :blink:

Old 03-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #23
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

You don't know about quests because the game appeared years before that turned into a standard feature. As for the dialog, at least it's better than Ultima VII's horrific font and yellow type, floating in space above characters (dearly as I love that game).
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 05-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #24
HELLCHILD

CAN IT BE THAT SOME QUEST ARE TIMELIMITED?UNDER THE GOBLINVILLAGE I FOUND A MOTHER AND HER SON IN A PRISON (DEAD), BUT IN A GAME WHICH I PLAYED EARLIER AFTER 6 DAYS HUNTING BUNDITS AND EXPLORING, I FOUND ONLY BONES.SO I WILL RESTART THE GAME AND GO TO THE GOBLINVILAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.THEY MUST BE THE FAMILY OF THE NPC KOLAPSED IN PALIDON(NO IDEA HOW TO WRITE IT, NOW AT WORK) LET SEE WHAT HAPPENS!
ONE OF THE BROTHERS I USE AS A ARCHER, SEEMS TO LOOSE MANY AROWS AT THE BEGINNING BUT LATER HE LEARNS HOW TO HIT.
YOUR FRIENDS KEEP CLOSE TO YOU BUT YOUR ENEMIES KILL FROM THE DISTANCE, SPECIALY WHEN THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO HITS THEM.
BY THE WAY CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME IF HEAVY ARMOR LIMITS THE DODGE SYSTEM?

Old 22-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #25

Hmmm.. Is it just me or has nobody mentioned that this game is in fact unfinished (many people and places look like they are part of quests, but they aren't - for example the strange individuals in cottages that you can find around in the woods; also note that in many towns the guards are all unarmed)?

Old 21-11-2005, 02:09 PM   #26
jeppe93

think that game is good, but im not quite sure but screens lk good
looking forward to play it.

Until nexst time :bye:
jeppe93 is offline                         Send a private message to jeppe93
Old 02-01-2006, 12:44 AM   #27

The game's great. Indeed, it's unfinished, but quite a few quests are simply implied - you never get a big red label telling you it's a quest, but if you read the stuff you find, and speak around (yes, speaking sometimes helps) it becomes pretty obvious how to solve the quest. Though solving it is also implied - you get some reward, but never a mention.

Old 15-01-2006, 02:57 AM   #28
Modeus
Abandonia nerd

I just launched the game through Dosbox, it works, but it's sooo slow.
I've got 1.7 GHz, 504 Mb RAM, and an ok graphics card (dont remember how much exactly)
Can anyone help me with this ?
Modeus is offline                         Send a private message to Modeus
Old 20-02-2006, 03:29 AM   #29
Geek with too much time

The game was released unfinished due to publishers pushing it out the door. A pity really because the guy(s) who made it were great at what they did. I really enjoyed the game in its state as is so it would have been terrific with time to finish it.

By the way, referring to a back post. UltimaVI came after Faery Tale I which this is obviously the sequal to. If you want to compare graphics (not world interaction or gameplay mind) then you should go for an Ultima VIII comparison. That was the closest any Ultima could get to the gfx of these games.

Oh, and the guy who wrote FT I and this also wrote a bunch of Amiga titles that some of you might know wuch as Deluxe Music Construction Set 2, Amiga Install Utility, and the CDTV welcome disk.

See ya

Old 04-03-2006, 05:32 AM   #30
Daneic

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpion@Jan 16 2005, 10:42 PM
i have finished the game "years ago" and it is long.. but when u end it .. youll know...

by the way i dont know what agme came 1st but i think ultima sould have learn a thing or two from this game...
I know this is an old comment, but even Ultima VIII came before Fairy tale 2 if the year presented here is correct.