Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #101
powdernsky

Erm, did you try DOSBox?
powdernsky is offline                         Send a private message to powdernsky
Old 23-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #102
mightymicropeople

Hey there lasses and lads.
Curious question - i made a post under the second part of this trully amazing game, but I thought I'd give my try here as well.

Does anyone have a clue of where to get the Paragraph Book (Manual) for the Two Towers?

Checked everywhere.. Couldn't find it anywhere.
Any help would be appreciated - I'd love to once again play this game, but without the paragraphs.. it's rather impossible to do.
Thanks!
mightymicropeople is offline                         Send a private message to mightymicropeople
Old 26-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #103
jniemann42

I played this game ages ago and there was one part that always irked me...in Lothlorien I ran into an elf who asked a question that was something like "who is the greatest enemy of all". But every answer I gave him was incorrect, I always got a reply like "that is not the answer" and I never figured it out.

Anyone else out there remember this/figure it out? Can't believe it's been 18 years since this came out...
jniemann42 is offline                         Send a private message to jniemann42
Old 26-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #104
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i haven't played this game, but maybe morgoth?
Old 26-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #105
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

It should be either Morgoth or Sauron, IIRC.

Unless the question requires lateral rather than literal logic. In which case, try "Time" or "Death".

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 26-09-2008 at 09:48 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-09-2008, 01:31 AM   #106
jniemann42

I know it's not Morgoth...I remember trying everything that made sense in the context of LOTR, Morgoth/Melkor, Sauron, Saruman, etc...just about everyone from the Silmarillion that was even partially evil, along with more general answers (think I tried "death" but don't remember trying "time"). I'll have to try again the next time I fire this game up if I have the patience to get that far again.

Suggestions are always appreciate, and if anyone remembers the answer and what the elf gives you for answering correctly, well, it's something I haven't figured out in 18 years or found in any walkthrough, so it'd be great to put it to rest.
jniemann42 is offline                         Send a private message to jniemann42
Old 03-10-2008, 11:55 AM   #107
Bastos

Years ago, when the game was released, I bought a hint book. It was pretty big, and had all maps and quests inside.... I'll have a look if I still have it, and if the answer is in there....

L8r!

Bastos
Bastos is offline                         Send a private message to Bastos
Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #108
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Also try Melko, Bauglir, Belegûr - those are alternate names of Morgoth.

I've checked stuff and am pretty sure the answer should be either "Morgoth" or "Morgoth Bauglir".

There is a walthrough on Gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...me/921815.html), but it makes no mention of the puzzle.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards

Last edited by The Fifth Horseman; 03-10-2008 at 12:22 PM.
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #109
jniemann42

Yeah, the walkthrough always bugged me and from looking endlessly on the Internet, that's the only one there was. It just seemed like it was missing quite a few things, like never finding the real Radagast, etc...and if anyone wanted to know, when you find the 5 items in Lorien that Galadriel has you look for all your party's stats are increased (I think all categories are give +2). I meant to do my own walkthrough ages ago but was just too lazy.
Old 31-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #110
Turrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFey View Post
Anyone knows who is responsible for the awesome page at:

http://web.comhem.se/~u19128212/

First I'd like to congratulate him, afterwards ask if he plans to end the maps/solution for the 1st game.
Finally an update! [Edit:] It should be reasonably complete now, though I am still updating it.
http://web.comhem.se/~u19128212/
Comments welcome!
It's 'despair' BTW.

Last edited by Turrog; 15-01-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Turrog is offline                         Send a private message to Turrog